The David Beckham Appreciation Thread

I've got total admiration for him. Hearing how he played with a hamstring tear and a cold epitomises the man. He's been trained to be a winner no matter what the odds are and his career proves it.

He came, he saw, he conquered.

ricky-romeo

glad for him..would not blame him if he joins PSG now..another league tittle beckon for him..nice place to stay as well..:)

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I've got total admiration for him. Hearing how he played with a hamstring tear and a cold epitomises the man. He's been trained to be a winner no matter what the odds are and his career proves it.

He came, he saw, he conquered.

Agreed, true legend of the game.

anver

Shart stop
Dont know whether this has been posted. Got this from the official Man United site:

" David Beckham is set to turn down a return to English football – because he cannot bear the prospect of lining up against United. Following the end of his spell with LA Galaxy, the 36-year-old midfielder said: "When I was at AC Milan I played against Man United. I'd not played there for seven years and it was special going back. But it would be totally different going back there in a Premier League shirt. It is a club I love and adore. I could never see myself playing against United for another Premier League team."

MUFCgal

Maybe it's nostalgia, but I'd love SAF to sign Becks on a Larsson style deal.

I think he deserves to have one more shot with us. He may be on in years, but he'd probably still be the best crosser of a ball in our team. Can you imagine the chances he'd put on a plate for Chicharito? Also with his delivery from corners and freekicks, something which we aren't great with these days.

Plus it'll give the lads a boost going into the second half of the season. Also, Becks knows he wouldn't be first choice, he'd be happy being there and playing his part to help when he can.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You can see all his early goals from their normal angles here....

But unfortunately part 2 doesn't work.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Anyone else thinking he could provide an option in CM for us? We're not excactly stacked in the creative CM department, and he'd still put in the yards. Complete professional as well. Of course it won't happen, but I'd think he might still offer us something in CM.

Unam333

Beckham: City have 'no chance'

Former Manchester United star David Beckham has played down Manchester City's hopes of winning the Premier League title this season.

Big-spending City are unbeaten so far and currently sit five points clear of the defending champions after only 13 games, having hammered them 6-1 at Old Trafford last month.

However Beckham, 36, thinks that experience will ultimately decide where the trophy finishes up at the end of the campaign.

"I don't think Manchester City have a chance,'' he told reporters. ''This season they have got a good team and have some good players, but Manchester United have more experience and know how to win a championship."

Soccernet.com

Don't like these kind of quotes. Roy Keane made similar quotes at the start of the competition and it just sounds stupid and arrogant. Ditto Becks.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Anyone else thinking he could provide an option in CM for us? We're not excactly stacked in the creative CM department, and he'd still put in the yards. Complete professional as well. Of course it won't happen, but I'd think he might still offer us something in CM.
errr, no.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Maybe it's nostalgia, but I'd love SAF to sign Becks on a Larsson style deal.

I think he deserves to have one more shot with us. He may be on in years, but he'd probably still be the best crosser of a ball in our team. Can you imagine the chances he'd put on a plate for Chicharito? Also with his delivery from corners and freekicks, something which we aren't great with these days.

Plus it'll give the lads a boost going into the second half of the season. Also, Becks knows he wouldn't be first choice, he'd be happy being there and playing his part to help when he can.

it's nostalgia!!!! :p

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
ha ha, but now that's different to calling her an awful person.
She is an awful person. Had our boy David never met her, he would still be where he belonged - at Old Trafford as our captain. Playing as a footballer instead of becoming this global circus (albeit he does his share of wonderful charitable work).

Anyway, he simply does not have the legs and plays his regular football at way too substandard a level to be even considered for a role at a top premiership club.

And even then, he would be a 'utilized' resource as opposed to a key part of any squad. Would have been interesting if Redknapp could have pulled off a deal for him, but I really doubt he'd have forced his way into the current Spurs midfield. He would be used like we use Michael Owen.

His time has passed.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
She is an awful person..
Very non-judgemental religious attitude there sam. You have absolutely no idea what she's like, and neither does Erica or any other curtain twitcher.

And regardless of what she may actually be like, I'd support my wife over my boss and value my family life over my profession any day of the week, and anyone who wouldn't is a pretty terrible husband. Football fans in being myopic shocker.

Sorry, but I can't believe people are still whining about his wife 10 years later.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Very non-judgemental religious attitude there sam. You have absolutely no idea what she's like, and neither does Erica or any other curtain twitcher.
In my head this was said in your Beckham voice. I though you'd appreciate that.

Adebesi

I am confused. Doesnt this:

She is an awful person. Had our boy David never met her, he would still be where he belonged - at Old Trafford as our captain.
Contradict this:

he simply does not have the legs and plays his regular football at way too substandard a level to be even considered for a role at a top premiership club.
If he isnt good enough any more , how would he be still be our captain?

Playing as a footballer instead of becoming this global circus
I have viewed him that way in the past but less so now. I think the whole circus thing has been reigned in somewhat. Maybe LA is just so far away I dont really notice it any more. But he won the league in the US which is what he wanted to do, he has proved a valuable member of the squad at Madrid in recent years... I think he has done OK from a football perspective to be honest.

And even then, he would be a 'utilized' resource as opposed to a key part of any squad. Would have been interesting if Redknapp could have pulled off a deal for him, but I really doubt he'd have forced his way into the current Spurs midfield. He would be used like we use Michael Owen.
This is the bit of your post I agree with. He would make a good Michael Owen type player at a Premiership club, or could play a bigger role at PSG.

Either way I wish him well.

I'm always right

And regardless of what she may actually be like, I'd support my wife over my boss and value my family life over my profession any day of the week, and anyone who wouldn't is a pretty terrible husband. Football fans in being myopic shocker.

Sorry, but I can't believe people are still whining about his wife 10 years later.
A voice of reason.

As if any of us have any clue as to what she is really like, she could be an absolute sweetheart for all we know.