Television The Disappearance of Madeleine Mccann Netflix Documentary

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Watched the first episode last night.

Just brought back my feelings of how terrible the parents are. Don't care what system you have in place, don't fecking leave tiny kids alone at night. Also hate that at the time, you had so many people/parents saying they do the same thing on holiday.
That British journalist based out there said that people all over could sympathise with the McCanns because it was so normal to leave their kids on holiday in their room. Said he did the same.

At that point i just thought this is going to be an incredibly biased documentary because that was the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
One of the first things i said. They'd have been better leaving the kids at home. They shipped them off to a kids club all day, drugged them at night. Wasnt much parenting going on
Drugs was just rumours.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
If you don't know much about this case and just start reading about it, it's easy to get caught up in some really cult-like anti McCann webside's and forum's. Some really sick people.

Phil

Just got reminded on Facebook of when Kate McCann wrote about Maddy's "perfect little genitals".

I find it so hard to believe they weren't involved in some way.
Wait, what?

Revaulx

That British journalist based out there said that people all over could sympathise with the McCanns because it was so normal to leave their kids on holiday in their room. Said he did the same.

At that point i just thought this is going to be an incredibly biased documentary because that was the biggest pile of bullshit I've ever heard.
Well we did it on a few occasions :nervous:

Making it a matter of routine, as seems to be the case here, is a whole different thing though. Why do people bother to have children at all if they’re so desperate to spend as much time apart from them as possible? It’s not like they’d earned a break; the poor little sods were abandoned in a kids’ club all day every day.

Santos J

Just got reminded on Facebook of when Kate McCann wrote about Maddy's "perfect little genitals".

I find it so hard to believe they weren't involved in some way.
Yeah that makes me wanna throw up every time I see it, can't comprehend how someone would be thinking that about their child after they've gone missing but to then put it in your fecking book ffs.

Wait, what?
Yep.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah that makes me wanna throw up every time I see it, can't comprehend how someone would be thinking that about their child after they've gone missing but to then put it in your fecking book ffs.

Yep.

What the fecking hell?!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

Not bullshit at all. I'd never do it, but it absolutely was commonplace back in the day.

For example, at Butlins they used to have members of Butlins staff that would walk up and down the aisles of appartments listening out for crying children. If a child could be heard a message would go round informing guests that crying could be heard from X appartment.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yep.

fecking hell, forgot about this.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Would you not investigate in and around the apartment to see if an unattended 3 year old could have maybe climbed out of the window or ended venturing out somewhere, because, you know; they're fecking 3 and don't have a clue. Why would you suddenly come to conclusion that Maddie was taken?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
From what I've read this documentary appears to be bringing no new evidence, no new ideas, no new point of view and no access to those most intimately involved. It's not like this is some obscure case that people don't know about either. So what's the actual point of it?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
From what I've read this documentary appears to be bringing no new evidence, no new ideas, no new point of view and no access to those most intimately involved. It's not like this is some obscure case that people don't know about either. So what's the actual point of it?
Documentaries like this are guaranteed viewers for netflix because people are obsessed with them since Making a Murderer.

Oo0AahCantona

Yeah i stupidly wasted hours yesterday watching the first 4 episodes, its essentially a recap of the media coverage from 2007, there's no new insight or anything provocative that well made crime documentaries do to make it valuable viewing

Entertainment,unfortunately.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
S

Yep.

So many questions.

Keefy18

Started watching it a while ago, on episode 3 now.

Pieced together well and some great footage. Always believed the parents were guilty in some way. Such a bizarre and sad situation all told.

EDIT: That comment above about her genitals is absolutely disturbing. I wasn't aware of that at all.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Honestly, I believe their own version of events. The problem is, even their own version paints them as incredibly selfish and negligent parents who should have had their other kids taken off them.

And while I understand their own desire to search for their daughter, I've yet to hear an explanation from the police as to why this child is more worthy than the other children they've given up on.
Because they're well-off & white. If little Munesh or Tyrone disappeared on holiday with his working class parents from Birmingham, the search would've ended in a year.

Paxi

Because they're well-off & white. If little Munesh or Tyrone disappeared on holiday with his working class parents from Birmingham, the search would've ended in a year.
They've a few connections as well.

Paxi

The Portuguese police had absolutely no idea what they were doing as well. I mean it's laughably incompetent in hindsight.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Portuguese police had absolutely no idea what they were doing as well. I mean it's laughably incompetent in hindsight.
In the thread on here at the time that was being disputed by Portuguese posters... For what it's worth.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Such an interesting case, but one that can provide nothing but frustration as we'll simply never know.

While it's very easy to say you'd never leave your kids for more than however long, I think people underestimate how close the restaurant was to the room. Plus there were hourly checks. These checks were made on rotation by the group, so this surely rules out any idea that Madeline was dead "days" before the missing date (one theory).

The evidence of "blood" and smell of "death" in the room from the Police dogs is interesting, as is the dna match in the hire car. Unexplained situations.

But I've always thought the most likely version was the abductor story, and now the abductor is dead themselves. There were a number of seedy characters in and around the area, a couple who are now dead.

Talk of "Over dosing" her seems ludicrous. This is doctors we're talking about here. You'd need a tonne too high a dose for that.
And talk of some elaborate cover up, managing to do it, hide it from their friends who were helping carrying out the checks, and then managing to get rid of the body all in a small time frame seem to ask for pretty epic levels of stealth.

The Portuguese investigation seemed a bit of a joke as well, one investigator coming up with outrageous slurs against them, and getting kicked off the case, and sued.

Some of the McCanns comments and soundbites are a bit off, but if they've just had their daughter stolen, how should they act? Most likely you'll be all over the place.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You had one detective so out of order, he got kicked off the case.
Then he wrote a book to profiteer from the misery, and said that the McCanns smuggled her body into some local church!

You couldn't make it up, although he clearly has!

Moriarty

Have you read 'The Truth of the Lie' by Goncalo Amaral, who led the investigation when the child first vanished? This man was maligned by the British press, the McCanns, and uncle Tom Cobbly and all. Yet his conclusions remain to be disproved.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Hope there's a happy ending.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Like a lot of people around the case - trying to profiteer.

Moriarty

You had one detective so out of order, he got kicked off the case.
Then he wrote a book to profiteer from the misery, and said that the McCanns smuggled her body into some local church!

You couldn't make it up, although he clearly has!
How do you know Amaral made it up? The Portuguese court didn't think so.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Have you read 'The Truth of the Lie' by Goncalo Amaral, who led the investigation when the child first vanished? This man was maligned by the British press, the McCanns, and uncle Tom Cobbly and all. Yet his conclusions remain to be disproved.
Sometimes accusations are so wacky you'd waste time and energy on bothering to disprove them.

The onus on an allegation is to prove it, not for others to disprove it.

Paxi

I'm not saying that he personally was incompetent but their lack of urgency until intense pressure from the media is pretty obvious. Also trying to pin it on Murat because some stupid journo likened it to the Soham murders is fecking dumb.

Moriarty

I'm not saying that he personally was incompetent but their lack of urgency until intense pressure from the media is pretty obvious. Also trying to pin it on Murat because some stupid journo likened it to the Soham murders is fecking dumb.
There's lots of stuff surrounding this case that makes no sense. The media pressure came to bear pretty much straight away, and accusations of incompetence were levelled at the Portuguese police from day one.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
There's so much rumour and misinformation surrounding this case out there that this might be bollocks, but I'm fairly sure I read that the apartment was a ground floor apartment, at roadside, and that they left the patio door unlocked, and that when Kate went to check, her immediate reaction was to yell, "they've taken her, the bastards have taken her," which just seems extremely odd.

Moriarty

There's so much rumour and misinformation surrounding this case out there that this might be bollocks, but I'm fairly sure I read that the apartment was a ground floor apartment, at roadside, and that they left the patio door unlocked, and that when Kate went to check, her immediate reaction was to yell, "they've taken her, the bastards have taken her," which just seems extremely odd.
What about the shutters?