The Euro Draft - QF - Team EAP vs Raees

Judged on the Euro performances, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Henry is getting way overrated here (as usual).. I guess I am leaning towards Edgar because I am simply don't rate the front due of Raees+Gio as much as others. @Annahnomoss has ran a very good campaign of getting everyone to overrate Zlatan (similar to @Balu with Boateng, we will see how good he is when he shows up against the Barca trio), in past few months in every draft thread you have him quoting some magic stat of Ibra.

Their defense is much better than Edgar but it needs to be given they are facing a much better attacking trio. Edgar's weak defense is some what offset by that midfield and that forward duo of Raees and Gio.
I've no idea what that has to do with this thread, but he was brilliant again yesterday.
:lol:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Tbf, he did seem fine overall, apart from that hilarious moment and Pep's suicidal tactics in the first 15 minutes didn't help. High press and an absurdly high line against a potent trio, all with a depleted team and in addition to subbing off Müller :houllier:

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

Tbf, he did seem fine overall, apart from that hilarious moment and Pep's suicidal tactics in the first 15 minutes didn't help. High press and an absurdly high line against a potent trio, all with a depleted team and in addition to subbing off Müller :houllier:
That sub off was obscene.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Tbf there was a moment when Messi and Suarez had him on toast in the first half too.. I think he's a decent defender in the current era but clearly not a patch on your Rio's. Still young mind, hopefully this performance doesn't kill his confidence.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Tbf there was a moment when Messi and Suarez had him on toast in the first half too.. I think he's a decent defender in the current era but clearly not a patch on your Rio's. Still young mind, hopefully this performance doesn't kill his confidence.
The one where Suarez then was one on one with Neuer? That was a feck up by Benatia, who at least 4 times fecked up the offside trap and gifted Suarez and Neymar incredible chances by playing them onside, the last one Neymar converted to kill the tie. I guess Pep spent all the time preparing a fecking useless back three that didn't work once after the winterbreak (it makes no sense without one of Martinez or Alaba in a hybrid defender/midfielder role anyway, I fecking hate it) and had to be abandoned after 15 minutes again. Seems like there wasn't any time left to train important stuff like coherence and communication in defense. Well done.

Boateng was clearly bad yesterday, not only the hilarious slip (what the feck was that?), but he seemed uncomfortable all the time. I guess, part of the problem was that he was moved to left centerback and it showed that it's not as easy as many believe to play both sides equally great. He spent pretty much all season next to Badstuber, Dante or Alaba, all left footed centerbacks. It especially showed in Boateng's passing which was flat out shit yesterday.

That sub off was obscene.
Obscene really is the only word to describe it. He's done it against Dortmund a week ago and it backfired and he's done it again yesterday. It's just totally stupid.

Oh and I hate you for jinxing Boateng, it's all your fault :mad:. No, not really. I don't think one bad game nullifies all his fantastic performances in the past 3 years. His performances were crucial for us winning the CL and the World Cup, he's awesome.

I still don't know what this has to do with this thread ;). I don't want to open the Boateng or Guardiola or Bayern or whatever threads though. I just ignore the Caf for a few days before I give my opinion on the season (which is now basically over for us).

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I still don't know what this has to do with this thread ;). I don't want to open the Boateng or Guardiola or Bayern or whatever threads though. I just ignore the Caf for a few days before I give my opinion on the season (which is now basically over for us).
Honey trap :angel:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The one where Suarez then was one on one with Neuer?
No the one when Suarez squared Boateng up 1 v 1 did a doubly shimmy and left him standing as he powered past him to hit a cross angled pass which Neymar hit over.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
No the one when Suarez squared Boateng up 1 v 1 did a doubly shimmy and left him standing as he powered past him to hit a cross angled pass which Neymar hit over.
Hmm, not sure I remember it that way, but then I thought Boateng had quite a few weak moments and looked clumsy at times in his actions, even in the ones that actually went his way, so I guess it doesn't really matter all that much if there's one more or less.

Honey trap :angel:
We clearly should keep this thread alive, for all sorts of things.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Boateng was clearly bad yesterday, not only the hilarious slip (what the feck was that?), but he seemed uncomfortable all the time. I guess, part of the problem was that he was moved to left centerback and it showed that it's not as easy as many believe to play both sides equally great. He spent pretty much all season next to Badstuber, Dante or Alaba, all left footed centerbacks. It especially showed in Boateng's passing which was flat out shit yesterday.
Yeah good point. The way he fell over like a sack of tatties* was the sort of getting-your-bearings-mixed-up blunder that can happen when a defender is forced to defend in an unfamiliar position or side.

* potatoes for those not up on their Scots.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
:( I made the Boateng thread just for you.