g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Euro Draft - QF - Team EAP vs Raees

Judged on the Euro performances, who will win the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
We start with a Coinflip, head means Raees starts, tails means EAP goes first:

You guys have to trust me here, I'm too lazy to post a picture :lol:. Raees starts.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Ibrahimovic takes the ball.

He sends Shrojf in the wrong direction and softly places the ball in the left corner, Raees takes the lead 1-0.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Masopust takes the first one for Team EAP.

Right down the middle while Beara dives left and we're back to a draw. 1-1

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Oh and there might be a chance that antohan just ignores my post and your PMs because he doesn't want to do the shoot-out. Maybe it's best if you send me your picks as well :nervous:.
Would love to but don't have the time. On phone as well now.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Beckenbauer is up next. He hated taking penalties, always was afraid and rarely actually went to the spot. We'll see how he does today:

Beckenbauer shoots right, Shrojf dives left. Oh boy, the German missed. Still 1-1.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Beckenbauer is up next. He hated taking penalties, always was afraid and rarely actually went to the spot. We'll see how he does today:

Beckenbauer shoots right, Shrojf dives left. Oh boy, the German missed. Still 1-1.
:lol::lol::lol:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Puskas is next.

No nonsense shot right down the center of the goal. Beara went left, 2-1 Team EAP.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
This takes ages, ffs. Sorry guys, have to cut the pictures out, I'm already late :(

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Lerby is next for Raees.

He watched Puskas, has always been a fan and takes it the same way. Full power down the middle. Shrojf is looking for the ball behind him. 2-2

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Gullit is slightly late, he was still fixing his hair. It was completely destroyed after spending so much time in Zebec's pocket. Here he comes:

Still rushed, Gullit does the same as all his teammates, straight down the center. And that Beara fella still doesn't get it. Right he dives, 3-2 Team EAP

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Zebec's turn now, the main attraction of the game, let's see how he does at the penalty spot:

He's trying to be extra smart, waiting, waiting then a fecking soft shot to the left. Shrojf reacts quickly and got it. Missed. Still 3-2 Team EAP.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Kluivert is Team EAP's 4th taker. What will he do? He's got the win on his foot, all he needs to do is score.

Down the middle, who would have guessed? Well, one certainly didn't. Beara dives to the right and it's over. Team EAP wins the shoot-out 4-2

antohan

Match villain: Branko Zebec

Unexpected hero: Viliam "that hapless Czech dude" Shrojf

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I hope I didn't feck it up. Better check it, it would be fitting if I now made a mistake somewhere and the penalties aren't correct :lol:.

Penalties:

1 Ibrahimovic L
2 Beckenbauer R
3 Lerby C
4 Zebec L
5 Pirlo C

1. Beara - L
2. Beara - L
3. Beara - R
4. Beara - R
5. Beara - C
Kickers:
Masopust - Centre
Puskas - Centre
Gullit - Centre
Kluivert - Centre
Schweini - Centre

Keeper:
Left
Left
Right
Right
Right
Schweini would have missed as well by the way. I told you, the Germans aren't very good at this.

antohan

:lol: @ Beara

That said, this shooting/saving always the same is a bit crap as once the pattern emerges the rival manager knows his own shots/saves and can fastforward to the final result.

Or maybe I'm overthinking it, never had a penalty shootout :(

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
By the way, it's really great (and surprising) that this didn't escalate after PM-gate became public. You're an awesome bunch of overmotivated and mental draft junkies.

Congrats @Edgar Allan Pillow @MJJ @coolredwine

Bad luck @Raees and @Gio . It was a fantastic battle.

antohan

I hope I didn't feck it up. Better check it, it would be fitting if I now made a mistake somewhere and the penalties aren't correct :lol:.

Schweini would have missed as well by the way. I told you, the Germans aren't very good at this.
It's a fantasy draft in an English team's discussion board, what the hell did you expect?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Thanks.

MJJ thought it might be even, but I had a feeling you might have sneaked a 1 or 2 vote win had the game progressed normally.
Not too sure mate, voter psychology plays a part too.. people see a one sided scoreline and pick the winner whereas the managers here tend to want to be fair and do the opposite i.e. make it more even.

Either way, it was a great match and honestly looking forward to see how you guys upgrade.

On a plus note, I shouldn't laugh but when I think back on my evil strategy to campaign using Swedes and Gooners, I never thought it would actually work.. but the votes just kept rolling in haha :lol::lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I seem to attract these ':eek:' games in draft.

- This one.
- Pantsil putting a leash on Liedholm in the Sheep draft.
- Annah/Antohan last minute voting antics in the British draft.

Lots of drama with me sneaking through somehow. Luck's gotta run out anytime...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
On a plus note, I shouldn't laugh but when I think back on my evil strategy to campaign using Swedes and Gooners, I never thought it would actually work.. but the votes just kept rolling in haha :lol::lol:
I nearly got a stroke when I woke up. I eas expecting you to have a 1 or 2 vote lead, but trailing by 18 votes was just insane. :lol:

You have made draft history with Campaigngate!

antohan

Who is this guy by the way? :lol: I didn't know him before this draft :nervous:. What a hero.
He was the Czech keeper throughout the 50s and early 60s. Unfortunately for him the only game anyone would have ever watched and noticed him was the 1962 World Cup Final. Imagine someone in fifty years assessing Kahn based on the 2002 World Cup Final, yoou can see how it would go:

Raees' grandson: "he is shit and prone to drop a clanger or two",

Pillow's Fruitcake grandson: "but, but, he got the Golden Ball!",

Antohan's grandson: "those awards meant nothing, they just used them as consolation for the losing teams. Ronaldo '98, Kahn '02, Zidane '06, Messi '14... only Forlán breaks the norm and that's because he was the best player ever unfortunate to be stuck in a poor team. Had he had a better team around him he would be spoken of in the same breath as Messi and Müller"

MJJ

He was the Czech keeper throughout the 50s and early 60s. Unfortunately for him the only game anyone would have ever watched and noticed him was the 1962 World Cup Final. Imagine someone in fifty years assessing Kahn based on the 2002 World Cup Final, yoou can see how it would go:

Raees' grandson: "he is shit and prone to drop a clanger or two",

Pillow's Fruitcake grandson: "but, but, he got the Golden Ball!",

Antohan's grandson: "those awards meant nothing, they just used them as consolation for the losing teams. Ronaldo '98, Kahn '02, Zidane '06, Messi '14... only Forlán breaks the norm and that's because he was the best player ever unfortunate to be stuck in a poor team. Had he had a better team around him he would be spoken of in the same breath as Messi and Müller"
MJJ grandson: we finally beat India in the wc, yayyy.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I shouldn't laugh but when I think back on my evil strategy to campaign using Swedes and Gooners, I never thought it would actually work.. but the votes just kept rolling in haha :lol::lol:
Just curious. How many guy did you actually PM :lol:

antohan

Just curious. How many guy did you actually PM :lol:
It was astonishing. I refreshed the page after watching a film and it went from 16-all to 16-25. I actually checked whether I was on the right matchthread, then looked for game-changing subs or something and all we had was a bunch of youtube clips from @Raees. I couldn't believe how he was poker-facing his way through it, all the while probably thinking "Shit! Thanks guys but I only needed one or two. Bollocks!!!!" :lol: