The F1 Thread 2010 Season

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's been unlucky too, don't get me wrong, but he's still made many mistakes which if he hadn't, would have made him champion with races to spare. It was out of his hands today and he's had the luck of things falling into place, and made the most of it of course he still brought it home first. Just for me, his car was so dominant for the most part this season, and he's a better driver than Webber... this could and should have been a stylish win this season

Good for us entertainment wise it wasn't, and in the end he won't care one bit
He made two errors on Sundays, the incidents with Webber and Button, and his mechanical problems cost him FAR more points. Had his car been more reliable he'd have sewn it up a few races ago, but as you say it's made the last few races more entertaining.

All I care about is he won :D

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
They've signed Webber for another year, haven't they? But there's no way he'll still be there. Absolutely no way.

Raikkonen, anyone?
He just said he'll be with Red Bull next year but I can't see it at all.

Raikkonen has dismissed the rumours of a return I believe.

wr8_utd

:'(
Kimi in a RBR would be awesome. By far the best car on track. I'd back him to take the title.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Do you understand the issues surrounding team mates having differing driving styles? The issues of heat management in tyres and the complications in this which arise when a car has too light a front end for a driver with an oversteer favoured style? Do you understand the difficulties in undoing car developments when things have gone wrong?

Leg-End

Fully deserved champion, that said only Hamilton of the 4 didn't have real claim of being a deserving champion.
How did you work that one out? If Hamilton had won it would have been incredibly lucky at the final race but he wouldn't have been any less deserving of it.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Do you understand the issues surrounding team mates having differing driving styles? The issues of heat management in tyres and the complications in this which arise when a car has too light a front end for a driver with an oversteer favoured style? Do you understand the difficulties in undoing car developments when things have gone wrong?
Common issues faced by most teams on the grid.

Excuses don't change the fact that Kimi went from World Champion one season to No.2 driver next season due to him losing the fire he had. Also a reason why Kimi walked away and didn't bother to find another F1 team. He was World Champion and didn't matter as much to him anymore.

Ferrari left Kimi leave
Kimi let himself walk away
Other teams let him walk away too

Fanboish desperate clutching at straws reasons don't change those facts.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Kimi was like the Berbatov of F1. His languid, lazy, "I don't care" attitude tends to divide opinion. Some find it boring, some think its great.

I thought he was brilliant from 03 - 07. Really liked watching him. I thought he was a disgrace in 08 by his standards. Decent in 09. But I think Ferrari made the right call. They need a different sort of character and Alonso fits better. Mind you they should've paired Raikkonen and Alonso. :drool:

Leg-End

My view, I don't think over the season he drove as well as the other 3.
I don't think over the season he drove in a car as quick as the others, especially the second part post Spa. He also had his fair share of failures which cost him dearly:

Australia taken out by Webber closing in on a podium
Barcelona wheel rim failure cost him 2nd.
Hungary gearbox failure heading for 3rd.
Singapore come off worst in a 50-50 with Webber
Suzuka gearbox issue dropped him a place and a chance at a podium.

Lets be real here, if anybody had finished ahead of the Red Bull they would have been a deserving champion.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
just watched vettels interview, i like him a little bit more which means i dont hate him as much but will never be a fan of his however its nice to see how overwhelmed and happy he is

testing for the pirelli tyre is next week innit?

Rooney1987

More Eddie on the F1 forum Schumi pulled in all these young Germans drivers but cant see why Lewis/Jenson haven't pulled in allot of young British. Does he know it takes time you just win the F1 title within a year click your fingers so were are all the young British drivers.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
just watched vettels interview, i like him a little bit more which means i dont hate him as much but will never be a fan of his however its nice to see how overwhelmed and happy he is

testing for the pirelli tyre is next week innit?
Indeed it is. Is it time for 'The F1 Thread 2011 Season' thread?!

More Eddie on the F1 forum Schumi pulled in all these young Germans drivers but cant see why Lewis/Jenson haven't pulled in allot of young British. Does he know it takes time you just win the F1 title within a year click your fingers so were are all the young British drivers.
He's a plank.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Funnily in all this talk of deserving, non deserving etc. the most consistent and entertaining driver this season has been Robert Kubica. Now there is a proper racer.

Oh how I'd love him to be in a quick car next year.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
KERS back again next season? Didn't know that.What a waste.
Oh hell no!

Anyway I personally thought Vettel deserved it, has been by and far the fastest driver this year and has had alot of bad luck. Comes across as a genuine nice guy and he will get even better.

Tibs

Well done Vettal! If his car had been more reliable he'd have had it wrapped up prior.

2011 - The year Schumacher takes back his crown

B Cantona

Desperate
Sod Vettel, I'm the big champion after today! :)

In celebration, I'd like to thank all those who helped me achieve this accolade, namely all of you that choose shitter fantasy F1 teams than me!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Funnily in all this talk of deserving, non deserving etc. the most consistent and entertaining driver this season has been Robert Kubica. Now there is a proper racer.

I thought Kobyashi was brilliant. I like the fact he's not scared to stick his nose where it doesn't belong and rattles a few of the other drivers.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Oh yeah. Kubica is great. Kobayashi is brilliant and a breath of fresh air himself. A bit more wild than Kubica though but fantastic. Its amazing the quality of drivers out there. Rosberg is another one who I think given the right car would do great things.

Hulkenburg possibly as well.

Lot of great drivers. And the amazing thing is Vettel is 23, Alonso 29, Hamilton 25, Button 31. All of whom could be around for the next 5 years atleast.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede

I agree wouldn't mind him in a Ferrari instead of that waste of space Massa.

Stretch

What a season it has been. Well done to Red Bull for a double and Vettel really is something special. Next year will be fun with all the teams coming with their upgrades. Starting from scratch again so anything goes really....