The F1 Thread 2010 Season

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
It won't be; it'll be second, before Bahrain. Brazil is returning as the last race of the season.
With 250 million less viewers because of the dreadful track design, well guess the important thing is that the yachts look nice....

Count Duckula

What a joke. Shit track, shit fans, no champagne. Seriously, stop chasing the money, Bernie.

Can you imagine how exciting this would have been if it'd been Brazil? Vettel might have actually had to fight for the championship rather than being handed it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What a joke. Shit track, shit fans, no champagne. Seriously, stop chasing the money, Bernie.

Can you imagine how exciting this would have been if it'd been Brazil? Vettel might have actually had to fight for the championship rather than being handed it.
Vettel wasn't handed anything, don't be so frigging bitter, he and Red Bull did the best job over the course of the season, end of conversation.

Count Duckula

It's another Tilke designed circuit. He does them all... and they're simply no good. I wish people would stop asking him.

The best circuits by far - Interlagos, Spa, Silverstone, Montreal - are all old. The only Tilke-designed circuit that's any good is Istanbul.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
It's another Tilke designed circuit. He does them all... and they're simply no good. I wish people would stop asking him.

The best circuits by far - Interlagos, Spa, Silverstone, Montreal - are all old. The only Tilke-designed circuit that's any good is Istanbul.
Hockenheim ain't that bad 'he did the new section'. He just can't get his tracks right. They don't work because he tries to be too artistic.

Count Duckula

Vettel wasn't handed anything, don't be so frigging bitter, he and Red Bull did the best job over the course of the season, end of conversation.
I'm not bitter. The guy I wanted to win stood no chance of doing so (Hamilton). I dislike all the other three equally, so I'm not that gutted because someone I didn't want to win would have won no matter what.

But are you seriously telling me Vettel had it hard today? He led from start to finish, true, but he was threatened at no point whatsoever. His rivals for the championship all made silly pitstops and then had their races ruined by an awful track design.

He did everything he needed to do, but it was made so much easier by poor decisions from his competitors and a woeful circuit.

Leg-End

Next season should be better for racing, new tyres, no more f-duct, kers and no more double diffusers.

Let's be honest after the first race this season had all the hallmarks of a terrible season but it picked up incredibly after that and it was a great season.

Kelvin

I hate boring tracks without over-taking chances, whats the point of racing then, its stupid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm not bitter. The guy I wanted to win stood no chance of doing so (Hamilton). I dislike all the other three equally, so I'm not that gutted because someone I didn't want to win wouldn't have won anyway.

But are you seriously telling me Vettel had it hard today? He led from start to finish, true, but he was threatened at no point whatsoever. His rivals for the championship all made silly pitstops and then had their races ruined by an awful track design.

He did everything he needed to do, but it was made so much easier by poor decisions from his competitors and a woeful circuit.
What does having it hard have to do with anything? He outperformed everybody, it's that simple.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
This. It's good to hear Fernando in the interview, I know that everyone here hates him but I think his spat at Petrov was just heat of the moment. Like he said, they had to choose between pitting to cover Webber and knowing they would have to get past Petrov and Rosberg which TBF he probably thought he could do, vs the alternative and let Webber overtake him if he stayed out which would have been even worse, if he couldn't get past Petrov/Rosberg he definitely wouldn't have gotten past Webber in the faster car.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I'm not bitter. The guy I wanted to win stood no chance of doing so (Hamilton). I dislike all the other three equally, so I'm not that gutted because someone I didn't want to win would have won no matter what.

What about the 3 wins taken away from him through mechanical failures?

pauldyson1uk

Next season should be better for racing, new tyres, no more f-duct, kers and no more double diffusers.

Let's be honest after the first race this season had all the hallmarks of a terrible season but it picked up incredibly after that and it was a great season.
Is this not on the cars next season , Iam sure I heard something about it , getting power from the braking system.

Count Duckula

I'm sorry, R_Nick, you're right.

C'mon guys, lock the thread. No point discussing this race or championship any further. Vettel and Red Bull were the best.

End of conversation.

wr8_utd

:'(
What do people not like about the track?
What is there to like? You can't overtake. It's rubbish.

Well hopefully we see a lot more overtaking next year. Interesting to see who replaces Webber at Red Bull. It's such a brilliant car, I'd love to see Alonso there but that's obviously not happening.
Alonso spoke well all things considered.
What did he say?

B Cantona

Desperate
It's the first time Vettel has led all season, he's had what 10 poles, he's made silly mistakes during the season twice driving into rivals errors off his own bat...

He should have had it wrapped it much earlier, and the end he's a lucky boy because without the Schumacher safety car chances are Alonso is now champion. But he leads the championship with all races done and that makes him the fully deserved World Champion, fair play to him in the end

wr8_utd

:'(
What about the 3 wins taken away from him through mechanical failures?
Well when your car is so much better than anyone else's a bit of mechanical failure can be a good thing to make if fair for everyone :p
Everyone blaming the track seems to be as bitter as Alonso.

It's been a fantastic season. Hope next year is as good.
Not blaming it on the track. Vettel deserves the title but the race was a bit anti climatic. It was pretty much a 55 lap victory procession for Vettel. Compared to the amazing last races at Interlagos in 07 and 08 it was a tad bit rubbish.

Count Duckula

I think we're all just disappointed that the last race of the season - billed so highly - was incredibly boring.

Vettel deserved the championship purely by being the most consistent and best driver over the season. I'm not doubting that. He did nothing wrong today, and unlike his rivals his DNFs have been from mechanical failures rather than driver errors (like Hamilton crashing out three races in a row or something unbelievably stupid).

But for a race billed as being the biggest ever, for a championship poised so delicately that the finest permutations could alter everything, it was a tremendous let-down. Maybe I've been spoiled by '07 and '08 (hell, even '09 was fairly exciting in Brazil, when it was won), but seriously that was like watching paint dry.

I'd have no problem had Vettel won the championship in a changing, exciting, memorable race. Hell, I don't have a problem with him winning it at all. It's just the manner in which that race unfolded that leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Such promise and excitement leading to such underwhelming anti-climax.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's the first time Vettel has led all season, he's had what 10 poles, he's made silly mistakes during the season twice driving into rivals errors off his own bat...

He should have had it wrapped it much earlier, and the end he's a lucky boy because without the Schumacher safety car chances are Alonso is now champion. But he leads the championship with all races done and that makes him the fully deserved World Champion, fair play to him in the end
What about the mountain of points he's had taken away by mechanical issues? It's very simplistic to say he's made two big errors and should have had it wrapped up earlier and ignore the other factors.

B Cantona

Desperate
What about the mountain of points he's had taken away by mechanical issues? It's very simplistic to say he's made two big errors and should have had it wrapped up earlier and ignore the other factors.
He's been unlucky too, don't get me wrong, but he's still made many mistakes which if he hadn't, would have made him champion with races to spare. It was out of his hands today and he's had the luck of things falling into place, and made the most of it of course he still brought it home first. Just for me, his car was so dominant for the most part this season, and he's a better driver than Webber... this could and should have been a stylish win this season

Good for us entertainment wise it wasn't, and in the end he won't care one bit