The F1 Thread 2012 Season

Leg-End

The McLaren sucks on Inters which is bad news because if the race is wet enough for full wets they won't run it.

Leg-End

Alonso did not slow down for a yellow flag ? Thats what the race commentators are saying.
End of Q2, debatable without the facts really. I was watching live timing, he set a 33.0 in the final sector which wasn't his PB but it also wasn't exactly slow either. I doubt anything comes of it.

Leg-End

Well they will, but it will start behind the safety car and by the time they get going it will inter conditions. I pray its a dry start tomorrow that turns into a wet race else I doubt we even see racing start.

muller

End of Q2, debatable without the facts really. I was watching live timing, he set a 33.0 in the final sector which wasn't his PB but it also wasn't exactly slow either. I doubt anything comes of it.
It wasn't his PB but still 3 seconds faster then Schumi who did slow down and ease off in that sector. Meh. The golden boy will never be charged for things like this though - had Jenson not eased off however he'd be getting a grid penalty no doubt.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Missed the quali. What happened to mclaren? I thought they were bringing updates.

Leg-End

Missed the quali. What happened to mclaren? I thought they were bringing updates.
It's wet and they are decent on full wets, can't get the heat in the inters for quali laps. Without dry running though they don't really know, the impression I get from Whitmarsh is that they have some updates for Silverstone but a more visual update for Germany, rumours of a proper stepped nose.

NM

Any USA F1 fans planning on going to the US Grand prix?

mu77

wtf is fox live?
Fox.............live as opposed to on tape delay on speed channel

i'd love to do the US GP but it'll be too far. the GP up in canada is a 4hr car ride.

NM

Fox.............live as opposed to on tape delay on speed channel

i'd love to do the US GP but it'll be too far. the GP up in canada is a 4hr car ride.
Well I'm in PA and it is on delay on Fox and not at all on the speed channel when I checked the listings. I'll still check in the morning though.

Count Orduck

Seriously, they have to do something about Maldonado. He's a massive, massive liability on the racetrack.

Leg-End

It's impossible to pass Maldonado or race with him because as soon as anyone gets close he bites, he's a tit.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
DC and Edwards praising Hamilton for screwing around with his strategy, genius.

Good bit of racing but another example of Lewis not using his head.

Count Orduck

DC and Edwards praising Hamilton for screwing around with his strategy, genius.

Good bit of racing but another example of Lewis not using his head.
Exactly. His race engineer had just said that every tenth counts at the moment, so instead he gets involved in a pissing contest with Alonso, losing precious time in a pointless battle.

Perez giving it to Maldonado in the interview
Not saying anything that other people aren't thinking

I'm watching it on Sky Sports - what did he say?
Sauber's Sergio Perez on his incident with Williams' Pastor Maldonado: "He doesn't respect other drivers. I was already in front and he should have given space not to crash but he tried to push me all the way. I don't understand why he drives like that and I hope the stewards do something. It is not first time he has damaged my weekend. This guy will never learn if they don't do something. He could hurt someone. Everybody has concerns about him."

More from Sergio Perez: "He is a driver with no respect at all, the way he is driving the stewards have to do something. He affects many other drivers. I am not the only one."

Count Orduck

He was just interviewed by Sky Sports there, and said much the same thing, I expect. Really had a go. And well-deserved, too - Maldonado is very much a "stupid driver" who shows "no respect to other drivers".

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Maldonado is a driver with no respect, you know when you're racing with him he doesn't give any thought to other drivers, he's dangerous and something needs to be done about him to bring him under control. Also said all the other drivers have mentioned it.

Leg-End

McLaren are nowhere on pace, the usual dissapointing Silverstone updates.

The Alonso/Ferrari combo looks mega right now.

Neutral

BTV
Sauber's Sergio Perez on his incident with Williams' Pastor Maldonado: "He doesn't respect other drivers. I was already in front and he should have given space not to crash but he tried to push me all the way. I don't understand why he drives like that and I hope the stewards do something. It is not first time he has damaged my weekend. This guy will never learn if they don't do something. He could hurt someone. Everybody has concerns about him."

More from Sergio Perez: "He is a driver with no respect at all, the way he is driving the stewards have to do something. He affects many other drivers. I am not the only one."