The F1 Thread 2013 Season

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
It's such a load of bullshit. Lewis Hamilton in the last podium position with Webber putting him under pressure and instead of the engineer telling him to watch his back and keep Webber at bay he tells him to watch his tyres.

More importantly that girl from earlier is Alonso's woman

Leg-End

I don't understand why Mercedes try and do 1 stops, they never ever work for them because they cannot manage their tyres like everyone else. Just 2 stop and max attack it, nothing worse than watching Hamilton on a leash because he's just not that kind of driver.

NinjaFletch

Vettel is a phenomenal driver and whatever else you want to say about him, but RBR's domination is dull.

I appreciate its not their fault, but I've completely lost interest in the sport. There's just no competition, and if its not going to happen organically somehwere along the line you've got to gimp Red Bull.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Reminds me of the early 2000s more and more. Hope that something happens to Schumacher so we can have a race.

Leg-End

Just watching that Rosberg overtake, more of a mistake than actual overtake mind you. But DRS has totally sanitised the sport, nobody does the brilliant overtakes anymore because they simply just have to press a button and get a huge speed overrun and then if they don't get it done in a couple of laps they have to drop back before their tyres fall to pieces, I genuinely can't remember a great overtake this season.

Leg-End

Happy for Bottas, F1 better hope the tech changes work next year. Interminable.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I only watch half of these races now, I switch off way too often. Just dull being told to manage tyres. Hamilton used to be by far my favourite driver, because he used to go out there and burn the rubber off until it was down to the rim. Now he's being told not to drive how he can, and he's suffering; Brundle said it himself.

I can't believe they are sticking with these tyres for next year, expect nothing to change.

hp88

I don't think Pirelli are at fault for boring races, It's more to do with teams failing to keep up Newey.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Bernie has said Christian Horner would be his choice to take over running F1 after him.

Considering what he's achieved at such a relatively young age, I actually think he could do well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Everyone set up dry because tomorrow's forecast to be dry but it's set to rain in quali.

Should mix things up a little.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Apparently Charles Pic has been told it's going to get worse soon. Big queue of cars at the end of the pit line ahead of Q1 waiting for the green light.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'm not sure Rosberg needed telling that everyone is on an outlap considering the circuit has only been open for 70 seconds.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Yeah they seem to be expecting conditions to get bad really soon. Should be a tasty quali for a change if that happens.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Really not looking to see Pastor in a Lotus seat; it really is a waste of a driver. Grosjean is really getting into his groove now as one of the top drivers, and replacing Kimi was always going to be a step down. But Maldonado is about 3 steps down for me, Ferrari and Mercedes will leapfrog them massively now.

The 2014 cars look interesting eh? That nose doesn't look so pretty, and the engine just doesn't have the same beautiful sound as the V8s or V10s