The F1 Thread 2013 Season

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Checo with a big shunt. Going out with a bang I see.

iSparky

Bucketing down now. Will be full wets for Q3.

iSparky

Doesn't look like this is going to let up any time soon. Lions heavier in fact.

iSparky

JB there pretty much summing up how bad McLaren have been this season, "only one more day of pain to go and then we can finally look toward next season"

He looked pretty fecked off during that interview too.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
This is BS. Let them qualify in the conditions at hand. Why delay it?

Its the same with the races, more and more these days they pull out a safety car when it isn't required.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Its the same with the races, more and more these days they pull out a safety car when it isn't required.
There's standing water on the circuit, which the cars simply cannot drive through.

iSparky

They can't drive through all the standing water on the track. One the car aqua planes they are only a passenger. It's way too dangerous.

pauldyson1uk

another 10 mins before Q3, the rain looks very heavy and driving a normal car in heavy rain is bad enough, so driving an F1 car must be near impossible, but its not just the track its the weather conditions also stopping the medical helicopter taking off, they wont do anything without that in the air.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I hate driving on standing water at 70 mph on the motorway. I know they are professional racing drivers, but it's pointless to even attempt it with that amount of water at high speeds.

Leg-End

Any other track I'd say get out there, we never see full wet running anymore but Brazil is a nasty track for spitting people off in the wet with standing water. Easier to wait.

iSparky

Brazil is almost the exception, if we were at another circuit I would be moaning but the FIA are making the right calls, Brazil in the wet with all the standing water is lethal. The visibility looks bad in some of the shots too.

iSparky

Perez on leaving McLaren - "Hopefully I am sitting here next year telling you leaving McLaren was the best thing that ever happened to me"

Ouch Sergio, no need to be bitter about it :(

Looks like another delay too.

pauldyson1uk

Perez on leaving McLaren - "Hopefully I am sitting here next year telling you leaving McLaren was the best thing that ever happened to me"

Ouch Sergio, no need to be bitter about it :(

Looks like another delay too.
I think Perez is a decent driver, he just made the jump to one of the big teams too soon, he has to prove himself again next season, and show the team he drives for that he is a good driver.

iSparky

I want Kamui to come back to F1. Miss watching him race.

Leg-End

It's as much on McLaren as it is Perez, they shat their pants as soon as Hamilton signed for Mercedes and grabbed the nearest cheap decent driver, even if he wasn't ready.

iSparky

on BBC2 now , what are they going to do if it still has not started when the Rugby match is due to start?
I imagine they will cut the rugby build up and then if it is not finished by 6 one of them will be pushed to the red button.

Leg-End

Hamilton really is quite dissapointing in the wet with Mercedes, then again he drove the ironing board McLaren for so many years.

Predicatable pole, if its dry tomorrow no need to tune in.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Just watching the pre-race talking, just been on Vettel. They just played a clip of him doing those doughnuts, and one of his engineers telling him "that just cost us $145,000 !!!" That's fricking ridiculous if so.