The F1 Thread 2014 Season

Leg-End

That really wouldn't be a shock, dude is a control freak and he won't like seeing McLaren slowly fade into the midpack.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Booked my flights for the Monaco GP in May. It's one event I've always wanted to attend; more than an FA Cup Final, a super bowl, etc... be a lot cheaper to fly to Austin but that won't do.

Any tips for those that have been before as to a good place in Monaco to watch the race? Is it as simple as just finding a good place to sit alongside the route?

gormless

Booked my flights for the Monaco GP in May. It's one event I've always wanted to attend; more than an FA Cup Final, a super bowl, etc... be a lot cheaper to fly to Austin but that won't do.

Any tips for those that have been before as to a good place in Monaco to watch the race? Is it as simple as just finding a good place to sit alongside the route?

Ever been to a race before? Its actually really really hard to have any real idea whats going on (strategies etc), other than seeing which car is in the lead

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Ever been to a race before? Its actually really really hard to have any real idea whats going on (strategies etc), other than seeing which car is in the lead

I went to a Nascar race once, so no.
Besides the incredible noise (I probably should have had earplugs - it's not loud on TV) it was easy enough. "turn left!".

Leg-End

Rule Changes

Drivers will be asked to choose their race number, between 2 and 99, for the duration of their career in the FIA Formula One World Championship. Number 1 will be reserved for the current World Champion, should he choose to use it.

Double drivers’ and constructors’ points will be awarded at the final race of the Formula One season in order to maximise focus on the Championship until the end of the campaign.

http://www.fia.com/formula-one-regulation-changes

They have no idea what they are doing, no idea.

gormless

I'm trying to think of something to say about that rule change... but I don't think I can express how retarded it is. I know Vettel winning was boring, but him in a Red Bull was the best package. This just increases the chance of a less deserving champion

vanthaman

Winner
Double points for final race? Ridiculous. I've got no problems with the numbers. Has anything been said about qualifying? They should make them do a lap in q3

Leg-End

If by some chance a driver enters the final race in 1st by 26 points, loses out to the guy in 2nd because of the double points, everyone is just gonna argue "that guy isn't the real champion because he had to rely on double points!".

It's such horseshit I hope the fans kick up a huge fuss and get it changed, that fact it even got approved tells me the FIA are so out of touch its unreal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
FIFA have just announced that the last game in the group stage of the World Cup is worth 6 points.

pauldyson1uk

Rule Changes

Drivers will be asked to choose their race number, between 2 and 99, for the duration of their career in the FIA Formula One World Championship. Number 1 will be reserved for the current World Champion, should he choose to use it.

Double drivers’ and constructors’ points will be awarded at the final race of the Formula One season in order to maximise focus on the Championship until the end of the campaign.

This is even more stupid than wanting sprinklers on the track, and we thought the idiots were in charge of FIFA, clearly they are in charge of F1.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That's ridiculous. Obviously a desperate attempt to produce a champion not named Vettel. Basically a guy who's been the best driver over the course of the season can lose out because someone has a monster weekend in the final race? Bullshit.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Rule Changes

Numbers is a decent idea. But double points for the final race, no thanks. What next mid season double point race to spark things up. This isn't some arcade game with a bonus round, each race should have the same amount of points.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Decided just as they move the final race to Abu Dhabi.

Hmm.

gormless

Hmm.

If they do insist on this double points thing, it might be better than having it in Brazil. Brazil can produce some screwy results due to the weather, whereas Abu Dhabi would probably produce a result more consistent with how the season has gone overall

Count Orduck

Hmm.
:lol:

I was just thinking this.

Abu Dhabi is a fecking abysmal circuit that produces snorefest races. It being moved back to the last race of the season -- and then stupid rule changes like this -- reeks of Bernie sniffing after the money and to hell with fair or fun racing.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It's ridiculous, it's not actually the extra points that bother me too much, it's more the fact that car failures are part of the sport and it isn't fair that a driver could get penalised by it so badly by suffering from it in the final race.

I also don't like the idea that someone could be 49 points behind going into the last race and still win in theory, silly.

TheBest

SPNTBP
If force India can provide a decent package next year then they will be a team to look forward to next year.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Shame for Di Resta, looks like he's out for next season. Sad, when wasters like Maldonado get good drives and talented guys like Di Resta are forced out.

Amir

I don't understand this double your point thing in the last race. Wouldn't have changed anything last season. They should give out 200 points in the last race. Or, decide that the winner in the last race gets the amount of points that seperate the first and second places in the Championship race.

Articifial ways to make racing 'exciting', and now artificially try to make the season finale interesting. Give me a break.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Di Resta is what the media portrays Andy Murray as.

Funny how when he gets dropped he starts to say "I'm tired of F1" etc.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
He always looked a bit of cock through out the season.
Hamiltons a bigger cock yet seems to be quite popular on here.

Maldanado is very poor , Perez not that much better. Di Resta is better than both.
Money talks.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Hamiltons a bigger cock yet seems to be quite popular on here.

Maldanado is very poor , Perez not that much better. Di Resta is better than both.
Money talks.
Disagree about being better than perej. Sutil IMO is a bigger cock. Hamilton has improved a lot. Anyways not a comparable situation given the difference in talent. Talented drivers will always get a pass.

Count Orduck

Di Resta is crap and a bellend to boot. The only reason anyone gives a shit is because he's British.