The F1 Thread 2014 Season

Dante

Average bang
The best thing about the cocknose on the McLaren is that it even has a pee hole at the end of it. If the exhaust pipe has a starfish configuration they're going to be the team I support this season.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Dear god these are horrible. I don't even like the livery, just looks the same silver as the Merc. Hope it gets changed before the race.

Boullier is interesting news anyway, not Brawn as I'd hoped but not Sam Michael either so every cloud.

Ubik

Does make you wonder which eejits actually write the rules that allow (or enforce) these ridiculous things that have been happening lately. Surely it's not hard to do it in conjunction with teams who'll tell you when the whole field are going to end up looking like a bunch of knobs (or a twat in the case of Lotus).

F-Red

I like them; new ideas/approaches in design is always good. However Ferrari's could look to be the pick of the bunch if this leak is anything of truth:

Ubik

I like them; new ideas/approaches in design is always good. However Ferrari's could look to be the pick of the bunch if this leak is anything of truth:

They aren't new ideas though, it's just a hodge podge to get around the minimum surface area in that section of the car to maximise airflow under the nose.

MajorTom

I like the look of the new noses. It just shows how much downforce that they need to create to be able to maximise the raw power from the new engines.

Dante

Average bang
If it were possible for cars to appear mentally retarded, that Ferrari looks like it's got an extra chromosome.

Ubik

Man alive, when I saw the Ferrari head on I thought they'd gone for a nice normal slope. Then I saw the 3/4 view! fecking beluga whale.
I like the look of the new nose's. It just shows how much downforce that they need to create to be able to maximise the raw power from the new engines.
The overall downforce has decreased, the new noses are like that for safety reasons.

MajorTom

I know of the safety aspect but by them allowing air through the nose it will surely increase downforce on the front wing. The turbo on the engine can kick a mighty punch when letting it go.

Dante

Average bang
It's interesting how all four of the new cars revealed so far have drastically different takes for their nose shapes. The development race will be more intense than usual this year as they all try and figure out which configuration is the best. More than the engines, in-season aero development'll be what decides the Championship this year, I reckon.

Ubik

It looks like it's had a shunt in a cartoon and had the nose bent out of shape. Awful. They're all awful. I'm hoping neweys at least made it look like there's a point to it on the red bull. Lotus's is just horrific.

Ah well, hopefully the racing is improved.

Leg-End

God they are awful noses, awful. None the these cars are ever going to be beautiful because of the nose, the Ferrari actually looks great up to the front wheels when it turns into a monstrosity.

If the racing is good, I can live with it but none of these cars are going to be wallpaper fodder.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
If it were possible for cars to appear mentally retarded, that Ferrari looks like it's got an extra chromosome.
:lol:

Some of these noses are hideous.

NM

The force india looks great, but I haven't seen the nose yet.

I miss the Jordons, Prosts and BMW Williams. Those cars looked great.

NM

The Jordans were always great looking cars. Arrows had a few nice looking cars as well
agreed. The orange and black looked great... None of the newer cars look that good. The Sauber has a chance though