g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Ok soft pen but france hasnt done shit today and their midfield are a pair of donkeys so far

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It’s a toss up between shite and fecking annoying.

But I’m doing my bit to reduce BBC numbers and slowly help us get rid of the licence fee :)

every journey starts with a single step
Hahaha good man. But unless you have a BARB box, it won't matter.

I switched to itv, heard Twatterface and switched back.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Soft penalty, I thought. Clip of the ankles was probably enough for it not to be actively overturned but he was obviously looking for it.

Deserved lead overall though, France haven't got out of the blocks.

Zen

English people who thought England should of had 3 pens thinking that was soft? Really odd, Southgate purposely went after this clumsy French team in their own box, Argentina saw that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Commentator said that Messi has scorred in every knockout round which no other player has done before?I thought Jarzinho (Spelling?) scored in every single game of the world cup?
Probably since they introduced round of 16 in the 90s.

Messi had never scored a goal in knockout rounds before this WC.

Lightbringer

France cheated many times with Henry diving and handballing them to trophies and tournaments, he was the biggest cheat and diver ever. so France can get some of that karma back!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Have Argentina had a penalty ever single game this World Cup so far?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Can't touch Messi, even on a 50/50 ball in the air when both players have the right to go up and the one who actually flew up in uncontrolled is awarded the free kick. Comical.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Regardless of the penalty, what a pathetic performance by France so far.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I don't think I'll ever understand the stupidity from some players. What did Dembele think it will happen there exactly by trying to attack someone from behind, especially someone like di Maria?

Yeah, Dembele is obviously paid by Qatar sheiks too.
Messi ass lickers won't see it.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The penalty was as classic a foul of an attacker not knowing how to defend as you'll ever see. It's questionable, but you just stay clear in such a scenario. Some braindead shit by Dembele.

diarm

How are they giving offside against Messi for a Giroud header that is going towards the Argentina end?

beer&grill

Christ, people complaining about Argentina must watch another game. How about the best team in the history plus the wannabe GOAT start fecking playing? Embarassing to think FIFA is favouring Argentina, while France played like Stoke City.

Mike Smalling

Dembele is a weird player. All the talent in the world, but something off about his mentality.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Di maria has always been a big game player. I would put him on my team on any decisive match

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
Goal.com
"WHAT THEY SAID: Ibrahimovic has said ahead of the World Cup semi-finals: “I think it's already written who will win, and you know who I mean. I think Messi will lift the trophy, it's already written.”

5 penaltys in 7 games. Ridiculous. How many penaltys do a mid table team get in 38 League games? 3?

Canagel

Di Maria on the LW has low key been a masterstroke. Kounde has no clue how to stop him

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
France are so boring. A squad I’m full of talent and a boring team.

Argentina deserve to be winning but the penalty was really soft. On every replay it was very difficult to see where and if any contact was made.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
English people who thought England should of had 3 pens thinking that was soft? Really odd, Southgate purposely went after this clumsy French team in their own box, Argentina saw that.
Was far far more contact on Kane from Upamecano than this one but seemingly deemed outside the box by poor camera angle on VAR.

Agree with Jenas on Dembele, I'm a bit baffled why he's been automatic starter for France as he's offered very little in this tournament. Is Kingsley Coman totally broken or out of form?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ronaldo at home : "Piers, we need to do another interview. Tell me you love me and I'm the best! say it right now!!!"

Anustart89

People blaming di Maria for Dembele being an utter idiot is really funny. I mean, trying to go anyhwere near someone like di Maria there was always going to be a penalty, what exactly was he trying to accomplish?
Exactly. When you get skinned like that and the player's between you and the ball then you just stop going after him. Idiotic to give him a chance to trip.