The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You just can't have two players that do feck all defensively in Mbappe AND Giroud. 1 is more than enough. Good subs from Deschamps. They'll be back in it the second half. 1 goal and game on.
I thought Giroud was hard working?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I like that sort of subs from managers. If you see that something is not working, why wait?
It could also be an admission by the manager that he got it wrong. Think I remember Jose doing that once (at Chelsea not at United, but I could be wrong about that)

Zen

Argentina in already colossal time waste mode.... come on Mbappe, get yaself going.

Stadjer

Getting a soft penalty every game while result is 0:0 makes a huge difference. Especially for teams like Argentina which is super strong on counter attacks
Might have been a soft foul but it was still a foul. A foul in the box is a penalty. Dembele was just dumb

Cloud7

This is as bad as France have looked all tournament in my opinion. Every match they have been second best and gotten through via a moment of quality here and there, but by and large they have just sat back and looked flat all tournament.

On another day England could have beaten them, and same with Morocco.

People have been clinging to this mythical “next gear” that France can switch into at any moment that they have been keeping in reserve, but it’s not looked like that to me at any point. They’ve just looked like an extremely talented team who are set up ridiculously defensively and negatively.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Argentina has a rep for cheating in World Cups of course. The 6-0 against Peru in 1978. Maradona drug taking in 1994. And this is the most corrupt World Cup ever. So funny business not totally out of the question to my mind. But I'm going with virus right now.
And 5 Penalties.

RopersReturn

This is bs, if you can’t even challenge for the ball fairly with an Argentinian go down as though they’ve been shot then you might as well give up.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
England was clearly better than France and should kick themselves for the missed opportunity. The french are just not that good. Shite pressing, low energy. Just a team that hopes Mbappe and Griezmann will do something on their own.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes, it's true. I'm close to turning this shit off. I have mentally tuned out. I don't mind losing but not like this. Not like cowards
You just need the next goal and it’s game on

Surely you’ll offer more after the break. The danger is an Argentine third on the break

fallengt

Louis van Gaal isn't a bad coach after all. He didn't lose
Dechamps looks hopeless. Just spam long ball against these midgets, ye clueless man

Joel Miller

First time in WC history that one team has had 5 pens.

Guess who?

Yep, guessed again.
first time in history they’ve had a World Cup with VAR and even tighter rules.

seriously mate get a life. It’s been one of the most one sided world cups ever until now. The foil hat conspiracy theorist stuff is tragic :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
This is as bad as France have looked all tournament in my opinion. Every match they have been second best and gotten through via a moment of quality here and there, but by and large they have just sat back and looked flat all tournament.

On another day England could have beaten them, and same with Morocco.

People have been clinging to this mythical “next gear” that France can switch into at any moment that they have been keeping in reserve, but it’s not looked like that to me at any point. They’ve just looked like an extremely talented team who are set up ridiculously defensively and negatively.
On the flip side, it would have been painful to see how Maguire "coped" with Messi...

Parma Dewol

Bar England they had a fairly weak opporide to the final to be fair.
You have a point, could even be argued they were fortunate to get past England. That said I thought the France block would be hard to get through. Amazed how poor they’ve been defensively.