The football manager market…

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems that the market at the top is as dire as it’s been for a long time. Generally, top clubs are looking for managers with a few trophies behind them who have demonstrated their abilities either in European competition or in a respectable league. The cupboard is bare in that respect, and as a result, this could end up being a summer of king making, with opportunities being given to people who would not usually be considered.

The caf’s favourite ‘well run club’ with all the structural implementations you could want have found themselves chasing after anything in a skirt. Rejected by Alonso, begging their former sacked manager to come back, before being rejected by him, begging their current sacked manager to stay and being rejected, rejected by former United interim manager before seemingly settling on a rookie who was just relegated from the PL. Liverpool wanted Alonso and settled for Arne Slot.

Keiran McKenna has found himself coveted at a level that would have probably previously asked for PL experience on the resumé. This summer will see at least one manager come from nowhere and become a Euro household name within a year or two.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's in a weird place right now but next summer I think the market is going to open up quite a lot. I think Pep will leave, Alonso will leave, Ancelotti will leave etc.

RoyH1

The merry go round is absolutely bonkers. It seems like all the big clubs looking for a manager lost their marbles when Alonso stayed put and are going for cheaper less tried alternatives.

That said, I also feel like candidates are more critical and also say no when they feel the job doesn't suit them.