The greatest ever purchase from each club?

Ramos

How about Kompany from Hamburg? Hasn't been mentioned yet i think.

Bought by City just before the take-over, before all the super stars joined and the money splashing began. Cost them less than Hamburg payed for him themselves. Turned out to be their emblematic captain and pretty much the closest they have to a "club legend".

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's not that confusing, it's just people not paying attention to the stipulations set out in the OP.

Which player sold by a specific club, had the biggest impact on the buying club?

Examples:

Manchester United - Sold Ronaldo and he became a goal scoring monster for Real Madrid and won multiple Champions Leagues
Everton - Sold Rooney to United and he won countless trophies and became their all-time top goalscorer
West Ham - Sold Lampard to Chelsea and he became a key part of their success through the 00s and early 10s
Fleetwood - Sold Vardy to Leicester and he was a key fixture in their improbable, title-winning season

Not Examples:
Arsenal buying van Persie for £2 million.
Bayern signing Lewandowski on a free.
I don't understand how RVP from Feyernoord. to Arsenal for 2 mil doesn't count
Or Lewandowski from Dortmund doesn't count.

Someone explain me?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I don't understand how RVP from Feyernoord. to Arsenal for 2 mil doesn't count
Or Lewandowski from Dortmund doesn't count.

Someone explain me?
Because people aren't using Dortmund and Feyenoord as the club.

You can argue that van Persie from Feyenoord was the sale they made that had the biggest impact for the buying club, but just saying Arsenal buying van Persie was good business isn't what's being discussed.

I think Lewa doesn't count because he was technically a free agent.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I don't understand the question this thread is asking at all.

ROFLUTION

Elkjær to Verona in 1984.

Verona miraculously won Serie A in 85' Elkjær also scored a goal without a boot against Juventus.

Didnt last for decades, but what an impact. Runner up for World's best player after Platini too.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Agreed. Paisley was the difference maker who enabled Liverpool to step up a gear or two, which more or less coincided with Dalglish’s arrival. Of course, the latter contributed but also benefited. Keegan was an absolute force for them and had stiffer opposition at the time.
Yeah absolutely. Kenny was a big name anyway when he arrived, plus the fact Paisley had added the likes of Ray Kennedy & Terry McDermott to the side, & then went on to sign the likes of Souness, Hansen, Rush, & Lawrenson to make us a formidable team at home, & in Europe. Shankly on the other hand had spent a lot of money in trying to build another title winning side after 2 successes in the mid 60's. Big money signings like Tony Hateley & Alun Evans never worked out as we struggled to make any sort of impact in the game. The arrival of this young lad from the lower leagues however totally changed, & transformed, the destiny of Liverpool Football Club.

Djcoops54

Barnsley Tommy Taylor
Kettering Town Eddie Hapgood
Stoke Stanley Matthews

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
These are crazy. I don't know the story of Maxaquene, but I am left wondering whether they got the living daylights robbed out of them on those two sales, or if that was fair value for the quality of the players at that point in time..
He was from a club from a colony and wanted by the biggest club in a fascist regime. They were probably lucky they saw any money at all.

lex talionis

The buy of Cantona by United was massive. His influence on the club cannot be overstated, and is generally understated because he retired early and we went on to win the treble without him.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Robben/Ribery for Bayern

each of them only 25m€

In todays market they would probably be 150-200m worth.
Let's not focus too much on transfer value or else there would be a whole lot of discussion on it but I agree that Robben and Ribery have been great purchases for your club. For me, the greatest ever purchase is that one player who made an impact and left a legacy behind irregardless of the transfer fee. Cantona > Ronaldo anyday for me.

Wittmann45

I think an interesting one is Valencia. They have had a lot of great players in their recent history and they'll had to sell players to remain financial stable. In the last few years they have sold Jordi Alba and David Villa to Barcelona, David Silva and Otamendi to City, and Mata to Chelsea. That's a tough call really. Villa for highest peak but Silva for longevity??

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Ronaldo from Manchester United and Ronaldo from Sporting, he gets it two times.

Messi was never purchased. He gets zero.

ninjaskill

Marcelo has to be up their as the best buy from Fluminese, been a key part of the madrid team that has dominated European football

Mbappe is probably the best performing player to leave Monaco for their next club and will likely only get better in the future

Griezmann also probably the best player to have been bought from real sociedad he's been a great player for Atletico

Maybe other's I can't think of but for just the next club Alex Sandro has to be up their for the best player to be bought from Porto

The buy of Cantona by United was massive. His influence on the club cannot be overstated, and is generally understated because he retired early and we went on to win the treble without him.
And the league. England was second rate at the time after the years of not being in Europe, he came along and made people take us seriously. Greatest purchase this country has ever seen for sure.

simplyared

Johnny Giles from Man Utd 1963 to Leeds Utd. Became a key player for Don Revie playing alongside Billy Bremner and Norman Hunter and all those other dirty bast...s winning trophies under the late 60's early 70's. He cost them a mere £33,000!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
From Palermo: Cavani or Dybala? Gotta go with Cavani for now imo.

Relfy

Surely for us it simply has to be Cantona. Without him I don't think we'd have become what we are today.

SNes

Tranmere Rovers - Steve Coppell
West Brom - Bryan Robson