The Halo 3 thread

Number7

Ret's Slave
Welcome, nerds, to the official thread of the biggest game release in the history of ever.

12 fecking days 'til I completely maul you all :smirk:

pert

I'm going to buy it because of all the hype.

This won't please Weaste.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Hope all the hype doesn't make it piss all over people's hopes for this game. Oh and the biggest game release ever will be the new GTA.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Halo and Gears...the 2 best games out... 360 exclusives.

Hurrah.

WeasteDevil

Halo and Gears...the 2 best games out... 360 exclusives.

Hurrah.
Do you really think that Gears of War is a good game rather than another hypebunny? I'll give you BioShock, but for some reason you don't even mention that. It's twice the game Gears is.

As for Halo, it will sell like hotcakes, there is no doubt, but you would probably like to watch the film as well such is your idiocy.

Halo the original was very inovative, but here's a question, was Halo 2 anywhere near as good?

BezsMaracas

Halo the original was very inovative
Was it? Just seemed like an average FPS to me. Only thing that made it stand out was that it was the best one on the Xbox, was utter turd compared to PC FPS'. Must be one of the few 360 owners who really couldn't give a toss about this, far more excited about SWOS being released soon.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Do you really think that Gears of War is a good game rather than another hypebunny? I'll give you BioShock, but for some reason you don't even mention that. It's twice the game Gears is.

As for Halo, it will sell like hotcakes, there is no doubt, but you would probably like to watch the film as well such is your idiocy.

Halo the original was very inovative, but here's a question, was Halo 2 anywhere near as good?
Halo 1 was a mindblower of a game. Halo 2 had to keep the continutation of the story line. It wasn't as bad as HaloHaters make out.

Halo 3 should be both a mindblower game and a stonking ending to this story line. Anything less and I'll feel cheated after spending a good 4/5 years of my life on this game brand alone (I don't play any other games, except these and GTA. Don't have the time or inclination).

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish

You've admitted numerous times that you don't play games any longer, so why are you giving an opinion on games that you've never played yourself? Without playing the game yourself you don't have a clue if Bioshock is twice the game GoW is. Gears is a great game not quite my cup of tea, prefer Rainbow6: Vegas.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I love Gears, the cover system makes the game for me, works so well.

I haven't managed to get online yet but I've heard nothing but good stuff about the co-op mode, its been successful to the point where Halo 3 will in parts have 4 player campaign.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
4 player co-op baby!

Loved Halo 1, the multiplayer function brought a whole new level to online gaming and multiplayer in general.

Halo 2 sucked IMHO

Halo 3 i reckon is gonna rock

GOW was fecking excellent btw. Bioshock looks awesome but not really my cup of tea. I prefer killing Germans in Medal of Honour.

John the Writer

That is probably the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read posted on this forum ever. Have you played either game? Okay, Bioshock's not bad, but Gears is far and away the geatest game I've ever played. Granted, the single player modes are comparable, but when you take it online, Gears' gameplay just never becomes borin.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
4 player co-op baby!

Loved Halo 1, the multiplayer function brought a whole new level to online gaming and multiplayer in general.

Halo 2 sucked IMHO

Halo 3 i reckon is gonna rock

GOW was fecking excellent btw. Bioshock looks awesome but not really my cup of tea. I prefer killing Germans in Medal of Honour.
Bioshock is a far superior game to Halo in terms of...well, actually in terms of nothing.

Halo 1 is brilliant, by far the best fps on a console alongside Perfect Dark on the N64. Games like these are one of a kind, that special game that moves things on just a little bit. Halo 3 will be a hit with the fanboys and a miss with most others, like number 2 it will fail to bring in the new gamers. Why? Well simply you cannot replicate, let alone better, a unique experience.

There just isn't much you can do to move Halo 1 on to be a better game. Maybe a bit of level design, maybe a few shaders, but what else?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
That is probably the biggest load of bollocks I have ever read posted on this forum ever. Have you played either game? Okay, Bioshock's not bad, but Gears is far and away the geatest game I've ever played. Granted, the single player modes are comparable, but when you take it online, Gears' gameplay just never becomes borin.
Woooooah there mate, Weaste posted bollocks but your first sentence is surely just as bad?

Anyway, personally I prefer Gears to Bioshock, but both pale into mediocrity when compared to earlier games like Deus-ex/System shock 2. Horses for courses, but lets not get caught up in hype when debating games. It's about the experience at the time of player, that's what I used to strive for when making games, that's what I strive for when playing them.

RedCanadian

RatCat freak
"In the offseason, my mustache drives the Fir
No, it's just exactly the same with Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid. Some people need to get a fecking grip. Been there, seen and done that... next!

These weirdos even buy books about it
. Go figure!
Well I will certainly give you that. Once you start buying novels based on video games you know you've left the normal world behind.....

WeasteDevil

You've admitted numerous times that you don't play games any longer, so why are you giving an opinion on games that you've never played yourself?
How do you know that I've not played them, even if it is down the local MediaMarkt? I have admitted numerous times that I stopped playing games for a long time. I never said that I am still in the state of being stopped.

Number7

Ret's Slave

Of course gears is a fecking good game :lol: One of the best out, and currently the best 'next gen' game online.

Halo2 was as good as Halo because the online multiplayer added much more to the game, hence why it is still the 2nd most played Nerdbox game online, behind the superb, 360 console exclusive, Gears of war.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Has Halo 3 been reviewed yet?
Not yet.

They've been showing off new maps though in recent months, as well as the video playback system, and extra weapons such as the flamethrower and Vehicles, and they'll have taken feedback from the hugely successful beta to improve the final game.

Can't fecking wait. It won't be perfect graphically, but neither was Halo2 (even the 2 new maps) and it doesn't take away from the game.

Spoony

The People's President
Not yet.

They've been showing off new maps though in recent months, as well as the video playback system, and extra weapons such as the flamethrower and Vehicles, and they'll have taken feedback from the hugely successful beta to improve the final game.

Can't fecking wait. It won't be perfect graphically, but neither was Halo2 (even the 2 new maps) and it doesn't take away from the game.
Bit of a shame, that. I know graphics aren't everything, and the gameplay is where it's at. . .but I think the whole point of these new consoles is better graphics. But I can't wait to play it.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Do you really think that Gears of War is a good game rather than another hypebunny?

* IGN's Best of 2006
o Xbox 360 Game of the Year[33]
o Best Action Game[34]
o Best Xbox 360 Action Game[35]
o Best Graphics Technology[36]
o Best Graphics Technology for Xbox 360[37]
o Best Developer for Xbox 360 (Epic Games)[38]
* 2006 Spike TV Video Game Awards
o Best Multiplayer Game
o Best Shooter
o Best Graphics
o Best Studio (Epic Games)
* D.I.C.E 07
o Overall Game of the Year
o Console Game of the Year
o Outstanding Achievement in Animation
o Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
o Outstanding Character Performance - Male
o Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play
o Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
o Action/Adventure Game of the Year
* IEAA Awards[39]
o Samsung Xbox 360 Game of the Year
o GameSpot AU Editor's Choice Award
o GAME 1 Ultimate Game of the Year

* GameSpot's Best and Worst of 2006
o Game of the Year
o Fyo's choice award
o Best Xbox 360 Game[40]
o Best Graphics, Technical[41]
o Best New Character(s) (Delta Squad)[42]
o Best Multiplayer Game[43]
o Best Shooter[44]
* Official Xbox Magazine
o Xbox 360 Game of the Year
o Developer of the Year Epic Games
o Enemy of the Year : Berserkers
o Best Studio (Epic Games)
* 2006 Interactive Achievement Awards
o Game of the Year
o Animation
o Character Performance Male
o Original Music Composition
o Sound Design
o Console Game of the Year
o Console Action/Adventure

* G-Phoria 07
o Best Action
o Best New Character (Marcus Fenix)
o Best Multiplayer
o Best Voiceover (The Mighty Rasta as Augustus Cole)
o Best Graphics
o Game of the Year

:lol: ;)

Number7

Ret's Slave
Bit of a shame, that. I know graphics aren't everything, and the gameplay is where it's at. . .but I think the whole point of these new consoles is better graphics. But I can't wait to play it.
Oh, the graphics are much better.

One of the new maps is a remake of a Halo2 map and the difference is outstanding.

Going back to Halo2 after playing the beta the differences in graphics were a lot more noticeable.

Spoony

The People's President
Oh, the graphics are much better.

One of the new maps is a remake of a Halo2 map and the difference is outstanding.

Going back to Halo2 after playing the beta the differences in graphics were a lot more noticeable.
Mentioned Halo 2 before. I think Halo was a better single player game, in fact I think it was clearly better. But Halo 2 was a better multi player and online game. That said, I thought the maps were a tad too big for two player action.

Number7

Ret's Slave
Mentioned Halo 2 before. I think Halo was a better single player game, in fact I think it was clearly better. But Halo 2 was a better multi player and online game. That said, I thought the maps were a tad too big for two player action.
On Halo2?

I lost interest playing 2 player vs Halo2, after my mate would look at my position then hunt me down, the cock.

Much prefer playing on my own screen so I can surprise the fecker. Lockout was a good smallish Halo2 map but I agree most were too large for 2 player.

Spoony

The People's President
On Halo2?

I lost interest playing 2 player vs Halo2, after my mate would look at my position then hunt me down, the cock.

Much prefer playing on my own screen so I can surprise the fecker. Lockout was a good smallish Halo2 map but I agree most were too large for 2 player.
That obviously would be the best way to play it. And yeah, Halo 2.

I've played four player on the original Halo(split screen). Still very enjoyable.

Number7

Ret's Slave
I'm all set up for some Halo3 lovin.

Bought a 32 inch Samsung HD telly, and 300 quids worth of surround sound, a big feck off beanbag ;)

Not all because of Halo3 mind, I'm not that big of a nerd.

Analyst: Halo 3 sales to "quickly reach" $200M
Lazard Capital Markets' Colin Sebastian projects Bungie's shooter is on track for record-setting launch.
By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Sep 13, 2007 7:58 pm GMT

On the day Halo 2 launched in 2004, then-Microsoft corporate VP of marketing and sales Peter Moore made the seemingly audacious claim that Bungie's shooter would gross $100 million within 24 hours. Rash as it seemed, the guesstimate turned out to be on the conservative side, as Microsoft quickly announced Bungie's shooter had sold a record-setting 2.38 million units worldwide on day one, generating some $125 million in revenue.

Zero to $200 million in less than 60 seconds!

Those are tough numbers to follow, but Microsoft doesn't appear to be shying away from the challenge. Earlier this week, Brandweek magazine shed light on Microsoft's spare-no-expenses $10 million marketing blitz for the game. Thus far, the publishing giant has cracked its coffers on ventures including branded food items, an alternate reality game, as well as other swag giveaways including a car. Most recently, Microsoft has partnered with Target for a custom paint job on Chip Ganassi Racing's No. 40 car (pictured), to be featured during the Dover 400 Nextel Cup Series race at Dover International Speedway on September 23.

In a note to investors this week, Lazard Capital Markets analyst Colin Sebastian predicted Microsoft's efforts could help Bungie's franchise recapture the title of World's Fastest-Selling Game from Blizzard's World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. Tabulating preorders and estimated initial sales, Sebastian notes that sales for Halo 3 could "quickly reach" the $200 million sales milestone.

"We expect that significant preorders and broad consumer anticipation of Halo 3 will result in one of the largest and most successful product launches in digital entertainment," he said.

Sebastian also addressed the possibility of another Xbox 360 price reduction. Though last month's price cut, along with Halo 3, will significantly bolster the console's sales through the holidays, Sebastian believes the console's price will remain at its current level. However, he was unwilling to disregard the possibility of promotional offers designed to fully take advantage of the Halo 3 launch.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I've just pre-ordered it. Never done that with a game before, it sounds a bit sad really.

Looking forward to it though. Don't understand the problem with Halo 2, it was almost as good a game in its own right as the first. Levels could have been a bit bigger mind.

GoW is quality, I don't like the multi-player so much, the levels are a bit small. Plus everyone is too feckin good at it. Reckon the co-op campaign could be a laugh though.

Don't really get the hype around bioshock, but then I have only played the demo. Doesn't look all that great mind you but then its probably just not my type of game.

So in conclusion, its good that another game is coming out that I can destroy Ret on. Getting a bit bored of doing it on Vegas now to be honest.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
COD4 Beta trial is excellent

seem to be getting on with that much better than I did with Halo Beta Trial

having said that it does look like it is going to break all records set before it

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Well I will certainly give you that. Once you start buying novels based on video games you know you've left the normal world behind.....
Yes, its called escapism. A bit like forking out £100 to go see your favourite football team play against a nomark team.