The Halo 3 thread

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Can't wait for this.

I've not played my 360 or Wii or PS3 for so long now, that I feared I wouldn't even look forward to this anymore. Fortunately, I was wrong. I can't wait for Halo 3, each day is a step closer to heaven.

Anyone fancy hitting some LIVE on Halo 3 when it comes out? I love it.

WeasteDevil

* IGN's Best of 2006
o Xbox 360 Game of the Year[33]
o Best Action Game[34]
o Best Xbox 360 Action Game[35]
o Best Graphics Technology[36]
o Best Graphics Technology for Xbox 360[37]
o Best Developer for Xbox 360 (Epic Games)[38]
* 2006 Spike TV Video Game Awards
o Best Multiplayer Game
o Best Shooter
o Best Graphics
o Best Studio (Epic Games)
* D.I.C.E 07
o Overall Game of the Year
o Console Game of the Year
o Outstanding Achievement in Animation
o Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
o Outstanding Character Performance - Male
o Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play
o Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering
o Action/Adventure Game of the Year
* IEAA Awards[39]
o Samsung Xbox 360 Game of the Year
o GameSpot AU Editor's Choice Award
o GAME 1 Ultimate Game of the Year

* GameSpot's Best and Worst of 2006
o Game of the Year
o Fyo's choice award
o Best Xbox 360 Game[40]
o Best Graphics, Technical[41]
o Best New Character(s) (Delta Squad)[42]
o Best Multiplayer Game[43]
o Best Shooter[44]
* Official Xbox Magazine
o Xbox 360 Game of the Year
o Developer of the Year Epic Games
o Enemy of the Year : Berserkers
o Best Studio (Epic Games)
* 2006 Interactive Achievement Awards
o Game of the Year
o Animation
o Character Performance Male
o Original Music Composition
o Sound Design
o Console Game of the Year
o Console Action/Adventure

* G-Phoria 07
o Best Action
o Best New Character (Marcus Fenix)
o Best Multiplayer
o Best Voiceover (The Mighty Rasta as Augustus Cole)
o Best Graphics
o Game of the Year

:lol: ;)
Not exactly that difficult in the context it found itself was it?

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Can't wait for this.

I've not played my 360 or Wii or PS3 for so long now, that I feared I wouldn't even look forward to this anymore. Fortunately, I was wrong. I can't wait for Halo 3, each day is a step closer to heaven.

Anyone fancy hitting some LIVE on Halo 3 when it comes out? I love it.
I will be. I rarely play single player games anyway. Live is the reason I got a 360

WeasteDevil

I don't get all this Live is better than PS network thing TBH! What is so different to say playing Warhawk over PSN and Halo 3 over XBL? Apart from not having to pay 50 quid a year for the privilege in the case of PSN.

SmashedHombre

I don't get all this Live is better than PS network thing TBH! What is so different to say playing Warhawk over PSN and Halo 3 over XBL? Apart from not having to pay 50 quid a year for the privilege in the case of PSN.
What the hell is warhawk? I went for Live because pretty much everyone I know has Live. I couldnt give a flying feck about which has the better processor or disc drive or whatever to be honest. I enjoy the games on the 360 and I enjoy playing them on Live.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I've found the LIVE version to be a lot more user-friendly, and the whole system in general is brilliant. I don't care about the prices really, I've found that the LIVE service is fantastic for pretty much all games, and they've really made an effort to make it an easy feature alongside the console and games. It's personalized quite well, and they have made it the focus of gaming.

With the PSN, I feel it's an improvement to their older service, but it's not been integrated half as good as LIVE. It's nowhere near as user-friendly, and it doesn't seem too personalized either. It's not the same, but then again, they didn't market it to be the same either. Because it's not the PS3's main feature, they haven't gone to the lengths Microsoft have to make it such an integral feature in the console. In fact, Microsoft depend on their LIVE service to sell many games, whereas Playstation just don't need to.

I feel that Playstation have so many other things to offer in the connection types, console features and Blu-Ray, that they didn't have to depend on their online service being so good. Whereas Microsoft doesn't have as many console advantages as the PS3, so they have made the LIVE service so brilliant to cover up the lack of other features. Pretty much the same thing if you compare the two consoles overall. The PS3 made a very good effort to provide next-gen features like the Blu-Ray player and out of the box wi-fi etc, instead the 360 put a lot of effort into LIVE instead.

I find it isn't so much to do with the actual quality of the LIVE performance. If you had both consoles, and you were playing the same game, I don't know which one will give you a better gaming performance in terms of speed, graphics etc. But it's the actual feel of LIVE that wins this particular battle, because it's a lot more personal and important to each and every game. You have the gamer points for each game, gamer score in total, messaging services etc. It's the whole feel of LIVE that works so well, that and everyone who has a 360 has LIVE. Well, not everyone of course, but most people do because it's such an excellent service. Both consoles online service is far superior to that of Nintendo's, which is complete and utter shit.

WeasteDevil

I've found the LIVE version to be a lot more user-friendly, and the whole system in general is brilliant. I don't care about the prices really, I've found that the LIVE service is fantastic for pretty much all games, and they've really made an effort to make it an easy feature alongside the console and games. It's personalized quite well, and they have made it the focus of gaming.

With the PSN, I feel it's an improvement to their older service, but it's not been integrated half as good as LIVE. It's nowhere near as user-friendly, and it doesn't seem too personalized either. It's not the same, but then again, they didn't market it to be the same either. Because it's not the PS3's main feature, they haven't gone to the lengths Microsoft have to make it such an integral feature in the console. In fact, Microsoft depend on their LIVE service to sell many games, whereas Playstation just don't need to.

I feel that Playstation have so many other things to offer in the connection types, console features and Blu-Ray, that they didn't have to depend on their online service being so good. Whereas Microsoft doesn't have as many console advantages as the PS3, so they have made the LIVE service so brilliant to cover up the lack of other features. Pretty much the same thing if you compare the two consoles overall. The PS3 made a very good effort to provide next-gen features like the Blu-Ray player and out of the box wi-fi etc, instead the 360 put a lot of effort into LIVE instead.

Both consoles online service is far superior to that of Nintendo's, which is complete and utter shit.
What's all of this HOME bullshit then? Really, I don't know, and it probably should be in another thread.

SmashedHombre

It's a game.

Nobody is talking processors or hard drives here.

You said you bought a 360 because of Live. I asked a valid question of why Live is seen to be better for multiplayer than PSN. You then start on about everyone you know is on Live. I now know why the Wii is selling shitloads.
Why are you finding it so hard to contemplate the fact that I bought the 360 because I wanted to play against my friends, and not because of its technical specs? I enjoy the 360, I love GoW and Halo 2, I run windows on my pc and I have an msn email address. This doesnt make me a bad person.

And whats wrong with the wii selling shitloads anyway? People buy game consoles for fun. Most couldnt give a shit about whats in them or how evil the corporation that manufactures them is.

WeasteDevil

Why are you finding it so hard to contemplate the fact that I bought the 360 because I wanted to play against my friends, and not because of its technical specs? I enjoy the 360, I love GoW and Halo 2, I run windows on my pc and I have an msn email address. This doesnt make me a bad person.

And whats wrong with the wii selling shitloads anyway? People buy game consoles for fun. Most couldnt give a shit about whats in them or how evil the corporation that manufactures them is.
I think that you've lost the plot here TBH!

You stated that you bought XB360 because of Live, as if is was a bullet point feature that no other system had. I generally tossed a simple question into the air as to why people think that way. Basically, you didn't buy the XB360 because of Live, but rather because all your mates have one and you have the ability to play with them over a network. Back in the olden days we used to do what people now do with the wii - all go round to each others houses and have some fun.

Spoony

The People's President

You stated that you bought XB360 because of Live, as if is was a bullet point feature that no other system had. I generally tossed a simple question into the air as to why people think that way. Basically, you didn't buy the XB360 because of Live, but rather because all your mates have one and you have the ability to play with them over a network. Back in the olden days we used to do what people now do with the we - all go round to each others houses and have some fun.
:lol:

Peep peep!

WeasteDevil

:lol:

Peep peep!
Wait a minute, all I said was:

I didn't even quote him to make that statement/question.

SmashedHombre

You stated that you bought XB360 because of Live, as if is was a bullet point feature that no other system had. I generally tossed a simple question into the air as to why people think that way. Basically, you didn't buy the XB360 because of Live, but rather because all your mates have one and you have the ability to play with them over a network. Back in the olden days we used to do what people now do with the wii - all go round to each others houses and have some fun.
Yes and back in the olden days you used to walk 15miles to school, because the bus hadn't been invented. And it would snow storm every day. Wolves hadnt been killed off yet so you had to fight them for your lunch. There was no such thing as gas or electricity either so you would all share one giant bearskin blanket. But you had to kill the bear yourself or else you would be forced to sit on your own and if you froze to death you would get 4 straight weeks detention and a cane to the back of the head. Thank feck for evolution eh

SmashedHombre

Wait a minute, all I said was:

I didn't even quote him to make that statement/question.
Oh and I'm not saying live is better than the ps3 version. I dont really care if it is or isnt, its not going to alter my enjoyment of the xbox or xbox live one jot to be honest.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
HALO????

you mean GAYLO... hahahahahahaha

hahaha
haha
ha

oh man,

got you good.

hahahahahahahahha, GAY....LO.....hahahahahahahahaahah,

man, that was good, can't believe no one came up with that yet.

gay, ... , lo .. .. . hahahahaaahaha.

anyway, enjoy gaylo

hahahahahahaha

I'll be getting it too

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Already out on the net, a region free release.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Gutted, I wonder if the Argos selling it in Belfast is selling the version that gets you banned on Live.

Ronaldo No.9

Redcafe FIFA Champion 2010
''Ronaldo was the attacker more difficult to tackl
People who bought a legitimate copy from a game retailer will not get banned according to a MS PR spokeperson:

''Hopefully I can put these Halo 3 ban rumors to rest...

If you obtain a copy of Halo 3 prior to its street date of Sept 25th, you will NOT be banned from Xbox Live for playing Halo 3 early
''

The people who were banned sneaked onto the Epsilon beta test.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Ahhh ... 12 hours, 38 minutes until I have the Legendary Edition. I've taken off from work all this week. :lol:

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
It is already being sold here, and pro evo will be out here on the 1st of october. Just need to get some money now!

pert

My Xbox started melting today

It's going back

WeasteDevil

You forgot to add "hope this helps".

Bastards (that's you, Weastedevil and Bill Gates).:(
It's not really Bill's fault, but then he doesn't really need to worry about getting a new one.

And GB keeps his in a small beer cooler. I can't wait for it to blow up and set the fridge and his house on fire. It will make quite a tale.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
actually its an american style fridge ;)

no im just careful not to let it overheat. I dont keep the power adaptor close to the unit, i have enough space for air ventilation with around 2 ft between it and the wall and i always use it vertically as apparently it can overheat more when its used horizontally.

Now, i dont know if these things actually help or whether my unit is just a bit more reliable but touch wood (fnar fnar) its ok so far..