The Halo 3 thread

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I'll be on this.

Some of you cnuts who I know from posting before should add your tags so we can have some games.

I'd ask Spoony but no doubt that tool isn't ever getting on Live.
Spoony has trouble operating his nightlight.

I'm on live, as is Weaste. Although Weaste is a bit reluctant to give out his gamertag for some reason.

Nate

Poached vegetables a speciality
Get your tag on then, i'm needing to boost my list with people who actually play.

Weaste isn't on Live I bet the anti MS spastic.

SmashedHombre

Get your tag on then, i'm needing to boost my list with people who actually play.

Weaste isn't on Live I bet the anti MS spastic.
I'm Muska99. Whats this deathmatch thing then? When is it?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Just picked up my copy, 50 euro in Tesco - a whole 20 euro cheaper than your average retailer = sweet!

No sign of MacGyver though.

I still have to finish Halo 2 though, have been slowly working my way through it the last couple of weeks.

SmashedHombre

Just picked up my copy, 50 euro in Tesco - a whole 20 euro cheaper than your average retailer = sweet!

No sign of MacGyver though.

I still have to finish Halo 2 though, have been slowly working my way through it the last couple of weeks.
You realize you are possibly the only person on the planet to make Halo 2 last longer than 2 and a half hours.

Rudie

Mentary
With all the talk of Halo 3 i'm considering buying an xbox 360 but the reliability factor still remains there for me :confused: I'm willing to get any of the next gen consoles but have been stalling for a while now. I think it's between the xbox and ps3 but still haven't made my mind up. :annoyed:

Can anyone with both give me an unbiased review, cheers.

Nate

I'll bet Nails Live tag is GaryNevillesnumber1lookalike or ratfacedcunt

;)

SmashedHombre

Not sure when it'll be, maybe a week or so till people get used ot it. Then it should be a weekly thing.
Thats alright because I won't have a chance to play it properly until the weekend. I only pre-ordered it because I wasn't expecting it to turn up the day it was released. feckin playdotcom cnuts.

Well sign me up anyway, I'm fairly active on Live so will be able to play

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Completed the 1st two levels. I should have a break and go get a drink before I set to and go on Live.

Nate

Thats alright because I won't have a chance to play it properly until the weekend. I only pre-ordered it because I wasn't expecting it to turn up the day it was released. feckin playdotcom cnuts.

Well sign me up anyway, I'm fairly active on Live so will be able to play
I won't be on till the weekend anyway as my home connection is fecked right now.

WeasteDevil

With all the talk of Halo 3 i'm considering buying an xbox 360 but the reliability factor still remains there for me :confused: I'm willing to get any of the next gen consoles but have been stalling for a while now. I think it's between the xbox and ps3 but still haven't made my mind up. :annoyed:

Can anyone with both give me an unbiased review, cheers.
The XBox is quite a capable machine when it doesn't break. It's also as expensive as the PS3 for what you get out of the box. It currently has the best software library of all three "new" consoles if you like playing lots of shooters, and hack and slash.

How is that for unbiased?

Rudie

Mentary
The XBox is quite a capable machine when it doesn't break. It's also as expensive as the PS3 for what you get out of the box. It currently has the best software library of all three "new" consoles if you like playing lots of shooters, and hack and slash.

How is that for unbiased?
Yeah that's pretty good, thanks for the info, cheers.

WeasteDevil

Yeah that's pretty good, thanks for the info, cheers.
If Blu-Ray and HD movies do not really bother you, are willing to take the risk of it breaking, don't mind the fact that it will last you about 4-5 years maximum, and like first person shooters, get an XBox. It's an in your face games console. If you want and expect a little more, then get a PS3.

WeasteDevil

I never said that GeOW was a bad game, I was merely stating that IMO it is and was overhyped - overrated. Technically at least it's not very special. It's very good, but it's not THAT good.

Halo's graphics are coming under the microscope now, and they don't seem to be all that either from a technical standpoint. If it has a 1080p tick on the box them somebody needs a bloody good slap.

WeasteDevil

graphics arent the main focus in a game like Halo though, its all about the gameplay
All games should have gameplay as their major premise. You want it to look good though don't you, because the better it looks and sounds and feels, the more immersing it becomes, and that can add significantly to gameplay. I see where you are coming from, many Wii proponents say exactly the same thing.

The best thing about Halo 3 on the technical level at the moment (I've not played it, just taking other's opinions) seems to be that at least its framerate is stable and it doesn't suffer any tearing. Both of those can be highly distracting.

sonymobby

I never said that GeOW was a bad game, I was merely stating that IMO it is and was overhyped - overrated. Technically at least it's not very special. It's very good, but it's not THAT good.

Halo's graphics are coming under the microscope now, and they don't seem to be all that either from a technical standpoint. If it has a 1080p tick on the box them somebody needs a bloody good slap.
It's MS Weaste, the game "supports" 1080p, through upscaling.

Nate

Weaste is quite the nerd.

More than I thought possible.

SmashedHombre

All games should have gameplay as their major premise. You want it to look good though don't you, because the better it looks and sounds and feels, the more immersing it becomes, and that can add significantly to gameplay. I see where you are coming from, many Wii proponents say exactly the same thing.

The best thing about Halo 3 on the technical level at the moment (I've not played it, just taking other's opinions) seems to be that at least its framerate is stable and it doesn't suffer any tearing. Both of those can be highly distracting.
Whats tearing ?

Nate

I'm not a nerd at all. Calling me a nerd would be like calling a mechanic a nerd.

I'd call a mechanic a nerd if he told me the ins and outs of stuff I have no interest in.

Console on, play game, enjoy.

That's me.

And yes I have had one go back.

sonymobby

That's what I mean!
I'm 100% with you Weaste. By saying it's MS, I mean it's their usual marketing bull****. But the game is great, or so everybody that has played it says. I'll have it tomorrow, I hope, and you'll have my balanced view on the game!:p

Spoony

The People's President
I'll be on this.

Some of you cnuts who I know from posting before should add your tags so we can have some games.

I'd ask Spoony but no doubt that tool isn't ever getting on Live.
I will. Honest.

Keep reminding me.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
games are great as 1 player but even better when playing multi-player, whether its through a network, a direct link or over the internet