The Happy Corner (a thread about the positive)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm not sure if it's a discussion thread but there are positives, first we have a young inexperienced team and most of our players are going to be better, technically, mentally and physically in the next seasons or at least they should. Secondly we all know that the manager is a bit shit, he isn't inherently shit but his mentality at United isn't right and it's limiting the team. Thirdly we have money, so we can always improve the team by throwing money at our problems and finally we still have a chance to win the Europa League for the first time.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Anthony Martial is one of the most exciting young players in the world right now, and he's ours.

David De Gea is somehow still ours, and is a top tier, elite footballer. I also think he will still be here next year so long as we get top 4. We are under no pressure to sell.

Chris Smalling is currently the best defender in the league, and is becoming a central figure at the club. His development since 2010 has been very exciting to see, and he's shutting up his many, many doubters from the last few years. He'll be captain soon, I am sure. And rightly so.

All in addition to a solid core of players who are mostly at the right age. Schneiderlin, Blind, Darmian, Shaw, Herrera, Mata, Memphis, Rojo etc. The squad still needs work, and that is to be expected given the clearout we have seen over the last 18 months. We keep hearing "£250m" from all corners of the media, but we didn't add £250m to good squad. We tore the squad apart, and it is now unrecognisable from the squad that won the title in 12/13. We need a few more bodies, and we need LvG to take the shackles off the squad, or have him replaced with a manager who will. I don't think we are that far away.

mu77

it wasn't 250m it was 240m - that's without the loan of the century. buying power.

Raw

I don't think we are that far away.
Same. Just a few more signings and I think we'll be sorted. I find it laughable that some people think the squad is totally shit and we need to replace half the team.

In reality, I think we just need a new CM and two new attackers. The problem is finding who would be best for us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There are plenty of positives but it's hard for them to outweigh something so incredibly stupid like stories coming out after barely winning a game that Van Gaal's job is perfectly safe until Giggs is ready to take over. How can our board be so stupid? I always went along with we are too big and rich to fail, and it seemed that way for a while. We can spend all the money we want and still be fine, we have loads of quality youngsters and all that. But it's almost as if the board is trying it's hardest to make us into a mediocre club, with the way it's handling the managerial appointments. More sentiment then reason.

So this isn't all negative though... Positives would be that we have a great crop of u21 players, who if we have the right manager in charge, can bring us back to the top. We don't need to sell too many players or have another big clear out, just fellaini basically as I think he hinders us more then he helps. But we just need to sign like 4 starting quality players, so a few of our starting players become squad players like they should be. That, along with a few players developing, and we can have an excellent side.

mu77

IMO we need a striker , winger and fb. 3 players in january. we have the money just give it over.

arthurka

Cash.. CHECK
Talented youngsters.. CHECK
Coolest kit.. CHECK
Best keeper.. CHECK
Above Liverpool.. CHECK
Best supporters.. CHECK
Smalling.. CHECK

Couldn't be better.

RedFish

Whatever position we perceive ourselves to be in at the moment, at least we are safe in the knowledge we have the resources and will to invest in the team until we get it right!

ManUArfa

It's great to have Herrera, Schneiderlin and BFS back in the side and I think this, and Rooney's recent turnaround, has helped us as we've taken the more open approach. Our worry that Martial had gone off the boil should be going away. The lad is going to be magnificent for us.

I'm looking forward to FA cup and then Europa matches as I hope that will facilitate more game time for the youngsters. I hope Memphis can rekindle that initial fire too.

Mora-16

It's been a hell of a time since the departure of SAF and we have enough critics outside the club without turning on ourselves.
The battle for top four is still within our grasp, as is the Premiership title, the FA cup and Europa League.
We have had too many records set and broken recently, for all the wrong reasons. However, to be a United fan when things aren't going well, it's an opportunity to prove how much we love and support our club and to appreciate our past achievements.
Uniteds status is still as an elite global club, whose fan base stretches from Salford to Slovenia, from Trafford Park to Tokyo, be proud to call yourself a Manchester United fan and wear your kit with pride.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
All of the great english teams either struggle heavily or look very vulnerable right now. This is a strange season without any of the traditional top clubs looking anything close to dominant. So feck it, try to do some damage control in the 2nd half. You can still be fastest out of the blocks next season. Who's gonna stop you if you get your shit together?

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
We have at least 4 players who I believe have the potential to become the best in the world in their position - DDG, Shaw, Martial, and Smalling.

RedDevil@84

When we feck up, we have the balls to say we fecked up. We dont have ridiculous excuses such as we had no money. We built stadiums. We live for being 4th in league.

LInkash

Only seven more points until we are guaranteed safety. Two wins and draw might be a bit of a stretch but seven draws is very much doable I think.

Varun

Staff
Quick question. Who all have actually read the entire OP? Cmon lads, be honest.

Minimalist

Martial is almost certainly going to be a top European striker in due time. If United can get their collective finger out - we may just hang on to him.

Other than that, the 'engine' of the side is fine (although unremarkable) and will serve us well when a new manager comes in (and adds some proper attacking flair to the side).

Croftona7

Martial looked genuinely pleased to score a goal, I think he smiled, and maybe, unless I'm imaging this, maybe I think I saw him fist pump too.

That's the first time in a while I've seen him be very effective from the left, going past players like they weren't there.

Get someone similar on the right and that alone could be the key to unlock our attacking menace once more.

Mane??

Tyrion

Positives from the last few years:

1. The owners are spending serious money to improve the team so the intent is there.
2. Our best players are our youngest (e.g. Martial, Shaw) which is promising for the future.
3. The constant complaining from the media about us when we were top of the league earlier this season shows how ridiculously high the standards of this club are which, imo, is proof that we're comfortably the biggest in the country.
4. The fans at OT have been hugely supportive of the team.

We are rich.

Ryan7

Wayne Rooney has scored in every game this year.

nick2004

Happy corner --- big smile!

It is raining! I like rain! Unfortunately, LVG hasn't resigned yet ... but we can't expect that everything will be perfect every single day!...

NoPace

We have at least 4 players who I believe have the potential to become the best in the world in their position - DDG, Shaw, Martial, and Smalling.
And I think Schneiderlin-Herrera-X could form a very solid midfield 3 for the next 3-4 years if we sign the right player. That would leave us 2 defenders and 2 attackers away from a very strong XI, and hopefully one or two of those players are already here (Memphis, Darmian or a youngster most likely).

So, between 4-5 signings away from a very strong first team. Seems like a lot, but Shaw, Herrera, Martial and Schneiderlin all came in the last 2 years. We have tons of money. If we can find 3 proper stars under 27 this summer like Citeh did last summer, we'll have a strong squad.

wiz4231

Possibly the best U21 players of any team
CM->Attack

Pearson
Pereira...........Goss
Januzaj
Wilson.............................Martial
Depay
Not in any precific position, almost forgot, we've also got Nick Powell