Film The Highwaymen (Netflix)

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It does looks gritty and dark and interesting. The thing I hate about this kind of movies is that we all know how it ends and it kinda turns me off.
I kind of watch movies for the performance and plot and usually the suspense of the ending is not a big deal for me. I don't even care much about spoilers for the same reason.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I kind of watch movies for the performance and plot and usually the suspense of the ending is not a big deal for me. I don't even care much about spoilers for the same reason.
Well the ending is part of the big plot mostly. But each to his own. Knowing how it'll end kinda ruins the acting and my own hindsight. Although sometimes knowing what the character supposedly dont know could lend to a different kind of fun

lsd

The Oracle
Trailer looks good and woody seems on top form which is always going to be a good watch

As for the story being too familiar at least this is another take on it from the Lawmen's side and besides it's not like there has ever been a true take on them anyway .

Bonnie never fired a gun in her life for one thing

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Reviews are a bit shite but I'll watch it anyway as I do like both the leads.

Netflix fecking suck at making good movies.
Why is that? Do the economics of TV shows just make it more valuable for Netflix to do their best work there?

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Why is that? Do the economics of TV shows just make it more valuable for Netflix to do their best work there?
No I don't think so. They've sunk a lot of money into their movies. Some of them have budgets as big as cinema blockbusters. I think right now a lot of the best work being doing in the entertainment industry is on TV and not film and that probably plays a part.

However I do think that it's more important for them to have their TV shows be of a higher quality because then they will get popular and people will want to watch more seasons of the show and therefore stay subscribed. With films that doesn't really apply, as long as they have the big names and marketing attached, people will likely watch it. Bird Box was a massive success viewers wise for them despite being a thoroughly forgettable film.

EDIT: Probably worth adding that they have made a hell of a lot of rubbish TV shows too. They just make so many that there are usually some good ones relatively often.

Loublaze

ATLien
If you want to watch something brilliant (and recent) with Kevin Costner in it, then watch Yellowstone. Brilliant tv.
I struggled to get into it. I think I watched 1.5 episodes. Need to get back to it at some point, there's just too much to watch these days with so little time. It kinda reminded me of a show called 'Blood and oil'. It was a family oil business drama centered around the North Dakota oil boom. Have you seen Costner in 'Hatfield and McCoy' (2012)? That was brilliant too. Some of his best work recently.

Hoof the ball

I struggled to get into it. I think I watched 1.5 episodes. Need to get back to it at some point, there's just too much to watch these days with so little time. It kinda reminded me of a show called 'Blood and oil'. It was a family oil business drama centered around the North Dakota oil boom. Have you seen Costner in 'Hatfield and McCoy' (2012)? That was brilliant too. Some of his best work recently.
It's much better than Blood and Oil. Definitely try to watch some more of it because it gets very intense and personal very quickly. The best thing about Yellowstone is that it does something the other shows like it do not; they explore the modern relationship between a multi-generational Native American family and a multi-generational white family, both with huge levels of influence within the community and operating in a whole bunch of shades of grey. I haven't seen Hatfield and McCoy yet, but it's on my western list along with Hell on Wheels.

Costner is great in these types of shows. He has a real connection to the genre in that he's truly obsessed with the frontier and the old west, in general, so he's well prepared the roles he takes. Incidentally, did you know he's also the lead singer of a country-folk band? When I was living in New Braunfels, TX, his band played at Gruene Hall. Wasn't expecting that, but he's good.

Loublaze

ATLien
It's much better than Blood and Oil. Definitely try to watch some more of it because it gets very intense and personal very quickly. The best thing about Yellowstone is that it does something the other shows like it do not; they explore the modern relationship between a multi-generational Native American family and a multi-generational white family, both with huge levels of influence within the community and operating in a whole bunch of shades of grey. I haven't seen Hatfield and McCoy yet, but it's on my western list along with Hell on Wheels.

Costner is great in these types of shows. He has a real connection to the genre in that he's truly obsessed with the frontier and the old west, in general, so he's well prepared the roles he takes. Incidentally, did you know he's also the lead singer of a country-folk band? When I was living in New Braunfels, TX, his band played at Gruene Hall. Wasn't expecting that, but he's good.
I'll definitely get back to it. I was aware of his music career when he launched the band. They're pretty good indeed but i've never seen them live. I think you'll enjoy 'Hatfields and McCoys'.