The Impossible Draft

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Based on a strict interpretation of the language in the OP, Tresor and Thuram absolutely have to be considered Europe as Guadeloupe is literally part of France and part of the Eurozone.
There is nothing in the OP about "footballing federation" determining the continent - it just says "Modern Only" and gives the example of Serbia not Yugoslavia.

If @Edgar Allan Pillow wants to amend the OP to clarify that continent is NOT based on the modern country but instead based on Football Federation then I think that needs to be done for consistent rule set

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
@Moby is stuck here really. He can't have Zizinho as per the OP. Max 2 players per country. But also can't repick or drop him. Once you pick it's final.

How do we move forward from here.

Moby

Dick
Don't really understand what so bothering you about this.
Making a picked player available for the rest of the managers, or being blocked for that matter, is a very big change that impacts the draft going forward. As it was not mentioned in the OP, it shouldnt be applied after 5 rounds are over.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
FIFA recognizes guadalupe NT as seperate team to play in CONCACAF, so that should be reason enough to treat this as Americas. If that was not the case, then overseas terrirotries will be considered part of parent for country/continent purposes.

It' really impossible to list out every kind of mistake managers make.

Don't really understand what so bothering you about this.
No, Guadeloupe selection can't play FIFA tournaments.

Guadeloupe selection is under the scope of the French Football Association (FFF)

The Guadeloupe National team doesn't exist but the "Guadeloupe Selection" exists: the FFF signed an agreement with CONCACAF to enable La Sélection de la Guadeloupe play such tournament like Golden Cup

I really don't care about the outcome but let's be precise!

@Moby is stuck here really. He can't have Zizinho as per the OP. Max 2 players per country. But also can't repick or drop him. Once you pick it's final.

How do we move forward from here.
I think he should be allowed to make his pick now

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
No, Guadeloupe NT can't play FIFA tournaments.

Guadeloupe NT is a subsidiary of the French Football Association.

That is a massive distinction. Gaudeloupe really should be considered Europe as the Wikipedia literally says its part of the Eurozone and uses the fecking Euro.

I looked this up at the start and thought it was crystal clear that Guadeloupe is part of France and thus Europe.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
That is a massive distinction. Gaudeloupe really should be considered Europe as the Wikipedia literally says its part of the Eurozone and uses the fecking Euro.

I looked this up at the start and thought it was crystal clear that Guadeloupe is part of France and thus Europe.
I have updated my post. There isn't a 'Guadeloupe National Team' but a 'Guadeloupe selección'.

Well, EAP will have to choose between the geographical definition and the administrative definition.

Tuppet

Guadeloupe has always been considered France in previous drafts.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
The Guadeloupe regional football team (French: Sélection de la Guadeloupe de football) represents the French overseas department and region of Guadeloupe in international football. The team is controlled by the Ligue Guadeloupéenne de Football (English: Guadeloupean Football League), a local branch of French Football Federation (French: Fédération Française de Football).

As an overseas department of the French Republic, Guadeloupe is not a member of FIFA and is therefore not eligible to enter the FIFA World Cup or any competition organized first-hand by the organization. Guadeloupeans, being French citizens, are eligible to play for the France national football team. Guadeloupe is, however, a member of CONCACAF and the CFU and is eligible for all competitions organized by both organizations. Indeed, according to the status of the FFF (article 34, paragraph 6): "[...]Under the control of related continental confederations, and with the agreement of the FFF, those leagues can organize international sport events at a regional level or set up teams in order to participate to them."'

Tuppet

Also I really would be opposed to blocking or holding an illegal player. With 14 players team it would become trivial to just pick some GOAT inelligeble players so others can not pick him.

idmanager

When the OP says place of birth and continent without any mention of country, it is geographical. There was no other footballing criteria too.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
When the OP says place of birth and continent without any mention of country, it is geographical. There was no other footballing criteria too.

- Only 2 per country (place of birth) (Modern only. Serbia instead of Yugoslavia)
Pretty simple. Guadeloupe is not its own country. It is part of France (modern only) and literally considered part of the Eurozone.

The fact that the regional football side is generously allowed to compete in some regional CONCACAF is entirely irrelevant here. Its basically like arguing that Mexico is part of South America because Mexico is allowed in some Copa America tournaments.

idmanager

Guadeloupe (/ˌɡwɒdəˈluːp/; French pronunciation: [ɡwadəlup]; Antillean Creole: Gwadloup) is an insular region of Francelocated in the Leeward Islands, part of the Lesser Antilles in the Caribbean. Administratively, it is an overseas regionconsisting of a single overseas department. With a land area of 1,628 square kilometres(629 square miles) and an estimated population of 400,132 as of January 2015, it is the largest and most populous European Union territory in North America.[3][note 1]

idmanager

Onenil, sure count him a french player. Those are two independent criteria.

Moby

Dick
I'm actually not sure why I have to wait two rounds to pick another player, @Edgar Allan Pillow . Again, there's absolutely no mention of blocks or people missing entire rounds to make their next picks in the OP. In previous drafts, either the manager is stuck with the pick if it is ineligible, or they have to re-pick. The rules in your OP contradict each other in the absence of a clear mention of the outcome of such a scenario. Hadn't gone through the OP earlier and thought people having to wait till the next rounds, having their pick as "Blocked", having players thrown into the blocked list or being made available for other managers was mentioned in there, but literally none of the action that was taken is mentioned in there.

The best course of action due to the major ambiguities in the OP would be to follow the previous norms which he would mean I get to re-pick. Not to mention, I've already had a few managers pick before realising this.

Moby

Dick
Should have just copied the rules written by @antohan when he ran the one player per nation draft and defined nationalities. Were crystal clear and had no scenario left whatsoever.

idmanager

I dont mind Moby getting a repick. Too crucial a stage in the draft to drop a pick.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Onenil, sure count him a french player. Those are two independent criteria.
And France is part of Europe and Gaudeloupe is literally part of the Eurozone.

You are making up your own criteria here (like the CONCACAF participation which is irrelevant) to sneak a pick past the literal rules.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Enigma: (1) Zico (2) G. Batistuta (3) P. Nedvěd (4) D. Santos (5) A. Shesternyov

P-Nut0712: (1) F. Puskas (2) L.Yashin (3) J.Tigana (4) J. Charles (5) B. Bremner

Gio: (1) P. R. Falcão (2) Z.Zidane (3) Z. Czibor (4) L. Kubala (5) A. Brehme

Charly: (1) D. Džajić (2) S.Kocsis (3) A. Nesta (4) W. Van Hanegem (5) A. Demyanenko

Pat Mustard: (1) Romario (2) J. Bozsik (3) G. Facchetti (4) D. Edwards (5) D. Godin

Brwned: (1) B. Moore (2) G. Meazza (3) M. Coluna (4) I. Netto (5) Amoros

2mufc0: (1) G. Scirea (2) R. Gullit (3) O. Varela (4) L. Junior (5) G. Nordahl

MJJ: (1) R. Baggio (2) G. Lato (3) Hidegkuti (4) S.Marzolini (5) E. Ocwirk

Tuppet: (1) D. Passarella (2) J. Masopust (3) O. Blokhin (4) L. Riva (5) K. H. Schnillenger

Prath92: (1) B. Robson (2) V. Voronin (3) D. Bergkamp (4) J. Zanetti (5) O. Ruggeri

Ecstatic: (1) U. Seeler (2) N. Santos (3) L. Figo (4) Neymar (5) G. Bergomi (6) D. McGrain

Indnyc: (1) L. Thuram (2) R. Krol (3) D. Da Guia 4) A. Pedernera (5) J. Fontaine (6) E. Cantona

Sjor / Jim Beam: (1) B. Charlton (2) H. Chumpitaz (3) H. Stoichkov (4) P. Elkjaer (5) B. Schuster (6) B. Vogts

Idmanager: (1) F. Gento (2) S. Matthews (3) M.Tresor (4) K.H. Forster (5) E.Davids (6) T. Cubillas

Skizzo: (1) Sócrates (2) P. McGrath (3) M. Sammer (4) C. A. Torres (5) R. Van Nistelrooy (6) J. M. Moreno

Moby: (1) R. Keane (2) J. Neeskens (3) Rivelino (4) Jairzinho (5) Bican (6) Blocked

BLOCKED LIST:
A Di Stefano, C Ronaldo, D Maradona, Eusebio, E Figueroa, F Beckenbauer, F Baresi, F Rijkaard, Garrincha, G Muller, G Best, Johan Cruyff, L Messi, L Ronaldo, L Matthaus, M Platini, M van Basten, Pele, P Maldini

@prath92

idmanager

And France is part of Europe and Gaudeloupe is literally part of the Eurozone.

You are making up your own criteria here (like the CONCACAF participation which is irrelevant) to sneak a pick past the literal rules.
Not really. Wiki says its part of North America. I have put it up above. Google Guadelope continent. Even that says NA. Show me where on wiki it says its part of Europe. And check the world map for common sense

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Not really. Wiki says its part of North America. I have put it up above. Google Guadelope continent. Even that says NA. Show me where on wiki it says its part of Europe. And check the world map for common sense
Its literally all over Wiki

Guadeloupe, like the other overseas departments, is an integral part of France. As a constituent territory of the European Union and the Eurozone, the euro[4] is its official currency and any European Union citizen is free to settle and work there indefinitely. As an overseas department, however, it is not part of the Schengen Area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadeloupe

idmanager

Its literally all over Wiki

Guadeloupe, like the other overseas departments, is an integral part of France. As a constituent territory of the European Union and the Eurozone, the euro[4] is its official currency and any European Union citizen is free to settle and work there indefinitely. As an overseas department, however, it is not part of the Schengen Area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadeloupe
Its a constitutional territory. Not physical. Geographically its in North America.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
One of Europe’s Outermost regions (ORs), Guadeloupe benefits from the European Union’s (EU) support for its economic, social and cultural development. Since 1989, Europe has been granting our archipelago with structural funds (ERDF, ESF, EAFRD) via multi-year programmes.

As the managing authority for these programmes, the Guadeloupe Regional Council thereby benefits from complementary financial resources, essential to increase our territory’s competitiveness and attractiveness. This funding contributes notably to supporting local actors — they key cogs of our archipelago’s vitality.

As a French territory located in the Caribbean, Guadeloupe is one of Europe’s Outermost regions (ORs) — a status recognised and regulated since December 1st, 2009 in articles 349 and 355 of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union (TFEU).

http://www.regionguadeloupe.fr/guadeloupe-regional-council/europe/#_

Deleted member 101472

dont let @Moby pick someone else until he agrees to update the pick order properly instead of being a lazy bastard.

idmanager

Onenil so would u call reunion islands in Africa beside Mauritius a European country too because the French rule it?

FFS, its basic geography

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Onenil so would u call reunion islands in Africa beside Mauritius a European country too because the French rule it?

FFS, its basic geography
Yes for drafting and footballing terms. Generally we always base territories on the country that actually controls the territory unless otherwise noted for simplicity and to avoid situations exactly like this. A US player born in Guam would be US, NA not US, Asia.

As mentioned this has been an issue before and Guadeloupe has always been ruled part of France and thus logically part of the Europe since technically it is part of Europe.

TBH before you picked you absolutely should have asked and gotten clarification ahead of time instead of just assuming

idmanager

Yes for drafting and footballing terms. Generally we always base territories on the country that actually controls the territory unless otherwise noted.

As mentioned this has been an issue before and Guadeloupe has always been ruled part of France and thus logically part of the Europe since technically it is part of Europe.
As I have said multiple times, constitutionally and physically are different things. When its not mentioned, you take it geographically. I guess we are repeating ourselves at this point. Lets chuck it :)

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
As I have said multiple times, constitutionally and physically are different things. When its not mentioned, you take it geographically. I guess we are repeating ourselves at this point. Lets chuck it :)
That's irrelevant because like I said its not its own country, its part of France.
Anyway @Edgar Allan Pillow needs to update the OP for clarification because they are a few more players that will be borderline based on how this is going.