Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

Meller

The Last Of Us an average game... I've heard it all now!
Yeah it's actually pretty great. Just started playing it and having a lot of fun with it. Mostly because of the story obviously but it's still a really fun game to play as well.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Looks amazing, but Bella Ramsey really doesn't look like an Ellie, she's looks too young, I think? Hope she can pull it off.

Hal9000

Looks amazing, but Bella Ramsey really doesn't look like an Ellie, she's looks too young, I think? Hope she can pull it off.
She's 5 years older than Ellie is in the game. Think we are just use to seeing Hollywood having older actors play younger characters it kinda distorts things... Plus unless your going to find a young actress that's a clone of Ellen Page you won't get someone who looks like Elie

Massive Spanner

She's 5 years older than Ellie is in the game. Think we are just use to seeing Hollywood having older actors play younger characters it kinda distorts things... Plus unless your going to find a young actress that's a clone of Ellen Page you won't get someone who looks like Elie
Not necessarily looks like. I mean Pedro Pascal doesn't look like Joel but he feels like a Joel, it's weird. I'm not sure. I'm sure she will be great, she seems like a good young actor. The show looks fantastic anyway.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Yeah, that has me way more excited than that teaser did a few weeks ago. Looks good. As for the casting? Well, time will tell on that front. Still not completely convinced.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Much better trailer, thats got me excited. Just wish it had a colour grading on it to make it more filmic. Maybe I'll adjust my tv picture settings :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not convinced with the casting either but will still watch it.

AaronRedDevil

Looks good but ellie just looks clapped man. Least Ron F***ing Swanson is in this show.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
The last of anything remotely looking like, the last of us?

Weird.

RedDevilRoshi

Same. The game was fantastic (even though I was sooo late to it)
Was thinking earlier that if this tv series turns out in receiving as good a reception as the actual game itself, could they end up doing a series 2 covering the 2nd game?

Sylar

Was thinking earlier that if this tv series turns out in receiving as good a reception as the actual game itself, could they end up doing a series 2 covering the 2nd game?
I don't know how many EPs this has (given its hbo id assume ten)
So wouldn't be surprised if game 1 lasts more than a season

Ted Lasso

Apparently the casting decision is causing a stir again with the reveal of the actors playing side characters.

Not really bothered by any of that but I am besides myself that the directors asked the actress playing Ellie to NOT play the original game.

I'm not looking for some HBO jerk off and child actress's blind interpretation of the game. Just make a live action version as close to the original content in theme and dialogue as possible. Cast them with oompa loompas I don't care but for the love of God don't try to get creative with the story you stupid, talentless and overpaid artsy fartsy twa ts.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Apparently the casting decision is causing a stir again with the reveal of the actors playing side characters.

Not really bothered by any of that but I am besides myself that the directors asked the actress playing Ellie to NOT play the original game.

I'm not looking for some HBO jerk off and child actress's blind interpretation of the game. Just make a live action version as close to the original content in theme and dialogue as possible. Cast them with oompa loompas I don't care but for the love of God don't try to get creative with the story you stupid, talentless and overpaid artsy fartsy twa ts.
It always happens, great stories loved by millions, changed by some rarf who thinks they know better, because they want to put their name down in lights. Bellends.

Look at what happened to the Witcher series.

Ted Lasso

It always happens, great stories loved by millions, changed by some rarf who thinks they know better, because they want to put their name down in lights. Bellends.

Look at what happened to the Witcher series.
Actually haven't played the Witcher or read any of the books yet ( I will soon though). Didn't find the series very riveting and it sounds like that's why :/

Cole9

the directors asked the actress playing Ellie to NOT play the original game
That’s just stupid. I suspect that this show will go down well with people that never played the game, but will probably disappoint people that did. I still can’t get past the casting for Joel & Ellie. They really don’t seem like a good fit for the characters.

Cloudface

I also want the same stuff repeated to me again and again. All characters must be the same, all locations replicated and the plot completely unchanged.

I'd hate to have to play The Last of Us to enjoy the story of The Last of Us again.

Cole9

I also want the same stuff repeated to me again and again. All characters must be the same, all locations replicated and the plot completely unchanged.

I'd hate to have to play The Last of Us to enjoy the story of The Last of Us again.
Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Meh, open to most changes. Don't want the same thing over again, plus the game/s is fairly cinematic as it is.

Ted Lasso

Meh, open to most changes. Don't want the same thing over again, plus the game/s is fairly cinematic as it is.
Isn't that the point of turning books or games into live action film? To present the same exact story or close as possible to a broader new audience so they can begin to understand why the original was so beloved. And for those who love the original, give them another way to relive it.

If the directors said go ahead actors, play the game and then give us an interpretation it would be one thing. But they actively asked them NOT to play the original. For all intents and purposes they're misusing the name and brand of an iconic game as a platform to get their own shitty writing in front of the world.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Isn't that the point of turning books or games into live action film? To present the same exact story or close as possible to a broader new audience so they can begin to understand why the original was so beloved. And for those who love the original, give them another way to relive it.

If the directors said go ahead actors, play the game and then give us an interpretation it would be one thing. But they actively asked them NOT to play the original. For all intents and purposes they're misusing the name and brand of an iconic game as a platform to get their own shitty writing in front of the world.
You dont even know if the writing for the TV series is shitty, it hasnt been released yet.

Prediction: You will label the writing shitty when its released.

kps88

:lol: Pretty much.

Ted Lasso

You dont even know if the writing for the TV series is shitty, it hasnt been released yet.

You're predicting that someone who has a strong and impulsive opinion will go on to have the same opinion later on? Bravo Nostradamus

Anyway ,I'm referring to their previous works.

I believe this show if going to be another one of those written by committee. Where each episode has different directors. I'm looking forward to the ones by Druckman and wary of the others. Some shows work ok with that style , like mandalorian , but I can't see it being so for a retelling of TLOU .

Ted Lasso

Where are you getting all this from? I thought all episodes were being written by Druckman and Mazin? And any high budget show having the same director direct every episode is incredibly rare because it's just not practical. This section from Wiki specifically goes against what you're saying -

You're going into worst case scenario mode all because one member of cast was told off hand during her audition that she wasn't required to play the game.
I'll tell you what, you're making me feel a lot better. It's quite possible I misread or misunderstood then. I was going off a daily newsclip app I have coming from one of the video game aggregators.

Still find it odd that they would ask the girl to not play the game.

Stack

I'll tell you what, you're making me feel a lot better. It's quite possible I misread or misunderstood then. I was going off a daily newsclip app I have coming from one of the video game aggregators.

Still find it odd that they would ask the girl to not play the game.
I wonder if its in some way similar to trying to get her to avoid spoilers so her acting is authentic and not biased by knowing whats coming?
Although I think its a bit odd too, would have helped her have a feel for her character.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap

it’s a video game adaptation, bud. We might not know, but the smart money ain’t on it being good. Just look at pretty much every video game adaptation there has ever been.

Prediction: you will label the writing amazing when it’s released.

Stack

it’s a video game adaptation, bud. We might not know, but the smart money ain’t on it being good. Just look at pretty much every video game adaptation there has ever been.

Prediction: you will label the writing amazing when it’s released.
I bet you hated the last of us 2

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I bet you hated the last of us 2
Ive made no secret of the fact I didnt like it, so it's not so much a bet as something you would know with a quick look at the thread. I bet you loved it? See that actually is a bet, as I dont care enough about you or this argument to go check. Like what you want, mate. Im not gate keeping anything, never mind opinions on entertainment. And if all you have to the point of "most video game adaptations suck" is "I bEt YoU hAtEd ThE pArT tWo!!!", then I dont know what to tell you other than pull your dress down, youre showing off your fanboy bits.

But since you think it's so great, let me ask you this. Whats so great about knowingly splitting the fans of the game right down the middle and giving no fecks about it? Wether you like it, love, jerk off to it on those cold and lonely nights, the one thing you cant deny is that part 2 destroyed the franchise. So much so that the game is constantly on sale. Just last month it was £8 while other games that didnt get 10/10 praise across the board by Sony shills are still only seeing discounts as low as £16. A franchise is supposed to build its base, not half it in two. What kinda a fecking moron goes into the sequel business to make less money? And according to Neil, the game sold 10million units in the past 2 years. Thats off the back of a massively successful first game. Part 2 is considered a success. Meanwhile, Days Gone which sold 9 million, and had no built in audience is a failure. Ghost of Tsushima, another game with no built in audience also is not considered a good seller at 8 million units. And the cherry on the cake? The last of us part 1 sold less than the saints row reboot. A game that was universally panned as dog shit of the highest order.

See, when you attack fans of something because they dont like your shitty story or trope filled CW quality characters, it tends to make them not buy your shit. Neil know this, played his stupid fecking game anyway, and here we are. Fangirls doing their fan girls thing and defending, chortle, a video game adaptation :lol: .

Doom, alone in the dark, street fighter, mortal combat, house of the dead, Bloodrayne, resident evil, Mario, hitman, double dragon, silent hill, tomb raider, assassins creed, prince of Persia the list goes on for so long golden Labrador puppies could play with it. But here you are, confident that this time will be different because...youre a fanboy? Seems reasonable, Im persuaded. feck the haters... :rolleyes:

Stack

Ive made no secret of the fact I didnt like it, so it's not so much a bet as something you would know with a quick look at the thread. I bet you loved it? See that actually is a bet, as I dont care enough about you or this argument to go check. Like what you want, mate. Im not gate keeping anything, never mind opinions on entertainment. And if all you have to the point of "most video game adaptations suck" is "I bEt YoU hAtEd ThE pArT tWo!!!", then I dont know what to tell you other than pull your dress down, youre showing off your fanboy bits.

But since you think it's so great, let me ask you this. Whats so great about knowingly splitting the fans of the game right down the middle and giving no fecks about it? Wether you like it, love, jerk off to it on those cold and lonely nights, the one thing you cant deny is that part 2 destroyed the franchise. So much so that the game is constantly on sale. Just last month it was £8 while other games that didnt get 10/10 praise across the board by Sony shills are still only seeing discounts as low as £16. A franchise is supposed to build its base, not half it in two. What kinda a fecking moron goes into the sequel business to make less money? And according to Neil, the game sold 10million units in the past 2 years. Thats off the back of a massively successful first game. Part 2 is considered a success. Meanwhile, Days Gone which sold 9 million, and had no built in audience is a failure. Ghost of Tsushima, another game with no built in audience also is not considered a good seller at 8 million units. And the cherry on the cake? The last of us part 1 sold less than the saints row reboot. A game that was universally panned as dog shit of the highest order.

See, when you attack fans of something because they dont like your shitty story or trope filled CW quality characters, it tends to make them not buy your shit. Neil know this, played his stupid fecking game anyway, and here we are. Fangirls doing their fan girls thing and defending, chortle, a video game adaptation :lol: .

Doom, alone in the dark, street fighter, mortal combat, house of the dead, Bloodrayne, resident evil, Mario, hitman, double dragon, silent hill, tomb raider, assassins creed, prince of Persia the list goes on for so long golden Labrador puppies could play with it. But here you are, confident that this time will be different because...youre a fanboy? Seems reasonable, Im persuaded. feck the haters... :rolleyes:
hahahahaha

Massive Spanner

Oh wow, a good old fashioned meltdown.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Very good post

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Balljy

That trailer has increased my expectations. It looks like it could be good.

The meltdown for no reason was better though.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Chernobyl was a brilliant series. Last of Us is an amazing game. I'm confident this series might be the best screen adaption of a video game we've seen. I'm very excited.