Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

SuperiorXI

Ive made no secret of the fact I didnt like it, so it's not so much a bet as something you would know with a quick look at the thread. I bet you loved it? See that actually is a bet, as I dont care enough about you or this argument to go check. Like what you want, mate. Im not gate keeping anything, never mind opinions on entertainment. And if all you have to the point of "most video game adaptations suck" is "I bEt YoU hAtEd ThE pArT tWo!!!", then I dont know what to tell you other than pull your dress down, youre showing off your fanboy bits.

But since you think it's so great, let me ask you this. Whats so great about knowingly splitting the fans of the game right down the middle and giving no fecks about it? Wether you like it, love, jerk off to it on those cold and lonely nights, the one thing you cant deny is that part 2 destroyed the franchise. So much so that the game is constantly on sale. Just last month it was £8 while other games that didnt get 10/10 praise across the board by Sony shills are still only seeing discounts as low as £16. A franchise is supposed to build its base, not half it in two. What kinda a fecking moron goes into the sequel business to make less money? And according to Neil, the game sold 10million units in the past 2 years. Thats off the back of a massively successful first game. Part 2 is considered a success. Meanwhile, Days Gone which sold 9 million, and had no built in audience is a failure. Ghost of Tsushima, another game with no built in audience also is not considered a good seller at 8 million units. And the cherry on the cake? The last of us part 1 sold less than the saints row reboot. A game that was universally panned as dog shit of the highest order.

See, when you attack fans of something because they dont like your shitty story or trope filled CW quality characters, it tends to make them not buy your shit. Neil know this, played his stupid fecking game anyway, and here we are. Fangirls doing their fan girls thing and defending, chortle, a video game adaptation :lol: .

Doom, alone in the dark, street fighter, mortal combat, house of the dead, Bloodrayne, resident evil, Mario, hitman, double dragon, silent hill, tomb raider, assassins creed, prince of Persia the list goes on for so long golden Labrador puppies could play with it. But here you are, confident that this time will be different because...youre a fanboy? Seems reasonable, Im persuaded. feck the haters... :rolleyes:
I'm not reading all that

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I mean...like with my old friend the lizard, there's always signs that people want to ignore and them BOOOOOM it's a meltdown :lol:
Meltdowns are fun and keep the Caf going. You say something that is memable, Solius memes it in the meme thread, everyone laughs. Life goes on.

Sylar

I'm confused is the guy going to not watch it cos there are no good video game adaptations upto this point?

Or is he going to watch but still posted why he dislikes it before it's out?

Anyway nice trailer

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I'm confused is the guy going to not watch it cos there are no good video game adaptations upto this point?

Or is he going to watch but still posted why he dislikes it before it's out?

Anyway nice trailer
The cool thing to do these days is pan anything without giving it a chance based on 2mins of footage.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ive made no secret of the fact I didnt like it, so it's not so much a bet as something you would know with a quick look at the thread. I bet you loved it? See that actually is a bet, as I dont care enough about you or this argument to go check. Like what you want, mate. Im not gate keeping anything, never mind opinions on entertainment. And if all you have to the point of "most video game adaptations suck" is "I bEt YoU hAtEd ThE pArT tWo!!!", then I dont know what to tell you other than pull your dress down, youre showing off your fanboy bits.

But since you think it's so great, let me ask you this. Whats so great about knowingly splitting the fans of the game right down the middle and giving no fecks about it? Wether you like it, love, jerk off to it on those cold and lonely nights, the one thing you cant deny is that part 2 destroyed the franchise. So much so that the game is constantly on sale. Just last month it was £8 while other games that didnt get 10/10 praise across the board by Sony shills are still only seeing discounts as low as £16. A franchise is supposed to build its base, not half it in two. What kinda a fecking moron goes into the sequel business to make less money? And according to Neil, the game sold 10million units in the past 2 years. Thats off the back of a massively successful first game. Part 2 is considered a success. Meanwhile, Days Gone which sold 9 million, and had no built in audience is a failure. Ghost of Tsushima, another game with no built in audience also is not considered a good seller at 8 million units. And the cherry on the cake? The last of us part 1 sold less than the saints row reboot. A game that was universally panned as dog shit of the highest order.

See, when you attack fans of something because they dont like your shitty story or trope filled CW quality characters, it tends to make them not buy your shit. Neil know this, played his stupid fecking game anyway, and here we are. Fangirls doing their fan girls thing and defending, chortle, a video game adaptation :lol: .

Doom, alone in the dark, street fighter, mortal combat, house of the dead, Bloodrayne, resident evil, Mario, hitman, double dragon, silent hill, tomb raider, assassins creed, prince of Persia the list goes on for so long golden Labrador puppies could play with it. But here you are, confident that this time will be different because...youre a fanboy? Seems reasonable, Im persuaded. feck the haters... :rolleyes:
Is this one of those parody posts that I often don’t get?

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
The cool thing to do these days is pan anything without giving it a chance based on 2mins of footage.
I didnt do that. I defended the idea that having no faith in it was valid based on past history of video game to tv/movie had a bleak history. The knee-jerk pearl clutching says it all really. Fanboys cant have a single word said against their precious...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
With everything HBO (well, Discovery) have been doing recently I already fear for this show. It'll probably get cancelled after a couple of seasons unless it's the biggest thing on the network.

HBO aren't the old HBO that thought quality is better than quantity. Since the merger they've been overtaken by Discovery Channel executives and their new CEO is the same guy who turned Discovery from a fact focused, documentary channel into the reality TV slosh it is today, and he's openly said he wants HBO to focus on this model as well.

The news this week that they're taking HBO shows, including ones they've just brutally cancelled like Westworld and Raised By Wolves, off of their streaming platform and selling them off to third party free-to-view ad based services is another reason I say "this'll get canned quickly".

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I can sort of agree with him regarding the story criticism. It's not that it's bad, but it was very standard for a post apocalyptic setting, and was something we'd seen many times before through various mediums. I think you nailed it in a later comment though when you talked about how well written the characters were, and for me personally that was what elevated the game, combined with the immersion the game managed to generate by really getting things like the audio and atmosphere done right.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Most reviews I've seen have labelled it the best video game adaption ever. Also, usually a very good sign when reviewers are granted access to the entire series a few days before the first episode is aired. I'm excited for this.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Most reviews I've seen have labelled it the best video game adaption ever. Also, usually a very good sign when reviewers are granted access to the entire series a few days before the first episode is aired. I'm excited for this.
In all fairness that's a pretty low bar to get over :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

:) Getting really strong reviews.
Encouraging, looking forward to this.

I know it's going to be getting released weekly on a Monday but I wonder if SKY might drop all the episodes to download and binge as well? Similar to what they did with Gangs Of London.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good to hear about the reviews. Was worried it would be crap and not sure it needed an adaptation but will watch and see.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
There have actually been some really good ones recently. Arcane and Cyberpunk: Edgerunners are both excellent.
Was surprised that the new Sonic films are pretty decent too as kids films go

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Sounds like they've done it justice. Pretty fecking excited about this!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I predict this thread will be

if they've changed anything from game -> FFS why did they have to go change that, that's stupid!

OR

if they haven't changed anything from the game -> FFS seriously they could've done something a bit more original instead of copying the game

Sylar

Looking forward to it. It looks visually great from the teasers you see on sky

nimic

something nice
Scout
Otherwise known as; the video game community.
In general, yes, but the TLOU community takes that to another level. It's extremely hateful. The "official" (first) subreddit for The Last of US 2 was quite literally made to shit on the game, the developers, the voice actors, the animators, the players and everything and anything else.

I think in the end it's mostly a very vocal minority, who manage to run the discourse and make it so toxic that nobody else wants to participate.