Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
I see episode 2 already has a 9.9 rating on IMDb. Must be one hell of an episode that so many people traveled back in time to give it a glowing review...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This might be the first adaptation where I hope the show diverges from the source material.

The game was already like a playable movie. If they continue with a one-for-one adaptation (as with the first episode), then I'm not sure it'll be enjoyable (for me) other than the technical aspects. This isn't a book adaptation where I'm getting to see the characters visualized for the first time, I've already known and seen these characters and their stories on screen, I'd like something new.
But it's not a straight adaptation? There's already been numerous changes and they're arguably better than what were in the game.

DLE

Alternative for Docklands Light Rail
I see episode 2 already has a 9.9 rating on IMDb. Must be one hell of an episode that so many people traveled back in time to give it a glowing review...
There is a bunch of people who are in position to see/screen the show before it’s aired.

AlPistacho

But it's not a straight adaptation? There's already been numerous changes and they're arguably better than what were in the game.
I know you’re technically not breaking any rules. But this is how game stuff start accidentally getting put into the thread.

AlPistacho

You can only discuss what has actually happened in episodes that have been already broadcast.

• No game talk whatsoever. None at all. Especially no comparisons between the game and TV show. It might seem harmless to you but even something like discussing a character in part 2 of the game means they lived and that spoils the tv series for non-gamers.
From now on warning points will be handed out.
Reminder for everyone.

Series 1 Episode 2

AlPistacho

Very solid start to the second episode so far.
I like tying in the radio report from ep 1 about Jakarta quickly to show the origins without lingering too much on it

AlPistacho

Character building, dialogue especially some of the quips by Ellie is top tier stuff, also they’ve got the tension just right for people who have lived with it, not ott but just enough so you know a threat is always there

AlPistacho

It's really pretty good. The VFX are great. Can't wait for next week.

It's genuinely tense as well, the Atmos is great/horrible.
I love how straight after my last post The tension escalated when they discovered something they hadn’t seen before

Ep2 was very good and keeps up, even improves, on Ep 1.

Last edited:

AlPistacho

The museum sequence was really good, which I guess was around when you posted.

Also, the kiss at the end had been mentioned in some reviews and it was as unsettling as had been described.
That was unnerving, also a good way other than lighter failing to make us wonder if she’d succeed

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Just watched the 2nd episode and I loved it. Casting has been fantastic and I love how thats turned out. Absolutely love the interpretations of the various scenes etc.
Im blown away I couldnt be happier.

One question though, people complaining about the pacing.... what the feck do you mean exactly?
It feels like one of those onl;ine buzzwords that people use to make themselves sound intellectual or some shit.
The show is fantastic, this whinging about pacing just mirrors the feckwits who used that buzzword relative to the game.
Give me a fecking break you pretentious twats.

AlPistacho

Just watched the 2nd episode and I loved it. Casting has been fantastic and I love how thats turned out. Absolutely love the interpretations of the various scenes etc.

One question though, people complaining about the pacing.... what the feck do you mean exactly?
It feels like one of those onl;ine buzzwords that people use to make themselves sound intellectual or some shit.
The show is fantastic, this whinging about pacing just mirrors the feckwits who used that buzzword relative to the game.
Not a complaint I’ve heard but I absolutely love the pacing and buildup to everything in each episode so far.

TheReligion

Abusive

I mean if you don’t understand what’s meant by pacing then that speaks volumes tbh!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’m not really feeling it. It’s obviously really well made, so no shade on the quality of production. I’m just not finding post-apocalypse adaptation number 11,794,765 to be all that original or refreshing. There are some unique elements I suppose but it just feels like another zombie thing with a twist. Good acting, great production, but I find the material pretty dull tbh. I’m not familiar with the game, so perhaps just am not that connected to the universe.

Drawfull

I’m not really feeling it. It’s obviously really well made, so no shade on the quality of production. I’m just not finding post-apocalypse adaptation number 11,794,765 to be all that original or refreshing. There are some unique elements I suppose but it just feels like another zombie thing with a twist. Good acting, great production, but I find the material pretty dull tbh. I’m not familiar with the game, so perhaps just am not that connected to the universe.
Hard to reply without spoilers or referencing the game, but your expectations are wide of the mark. If you like the characters so far, definitely keep watching.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

I haven't watched the second episode and think the pacing in E1 was fine. Pacing isn't some sort of obscure film buff reference though. We all know when we're watching a film/tv series that some bits are fast-paced, some bits slow. If the pacing is good then the balance between the two is working. I assumed everyone would be familiar with that?

Sylar

That was so much fun to watch. The tension and atmosphere is great. So far so great, cast has been really good too.

the clickers were excellent, hadn't seen them in previews but they looked and sounded great

That kiss scene was creepy AF

RedDevilRoshi

That was so much fun to watch. The tension and atmosphere is great. So far so great, cast has been really good too.

the clickers were excellent, hadn't seen them in previews but they looked and sounded great

That kiss scene was creepy AF
I agree. Watching this is giving me the urge to play the game again for the umpteenth time! :lol:

EDIT: game specific spoilers removed.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Brilliant, loving the backstory at the start of each episode and hope they continue with this