Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes, as a man who has slept with many men, Im always shocked by how off putting I find watching men kiss on tv. I mean, I enjoy when men cum inside me, but watching them kissing on tv? ewww. Thats just gross.

As for that other dog shit you posted, do you think I should stop listening to music as well? I mean, Justin Beiber is loved by millions, but I can't stand his music. Or could it be that different people have different tastes, and that just because someone doesn't like something it doenst actually say anything about their character?

maybe the reason I don't like it is because Im not dazzled by seeing gay men on tv. Maybe, because Im not a straight virtue signalling, internet clout chasing stain on society, I watched the story for it was, and not for purpose of using it as prop to show everyone how "Alright I am with the gayz".

Honestly, feck you. I'll take that points or the ban for that. Utterly sick of cnuts pulling the "you don't like gay people" card to defend tv shows and movies. Just fecking accept that not everything will find universal acclaim. And really fecking accept that thats ok. Let people like and dislike what they fecking want without dragging everything into the dumb fecking culture war. Because as you just found out, you don't know who the feck youre talking to online. You just assume everyone is a straight while male. Which is kinda bigoted of you. Sad fecking loser.
:lol: Good rant. And fair enough, you’re obviously not a homophobe. You just have bad taste in television.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I’ve never played the game, and know nothing about it. From that perspective I didn’t particularly enjoy the first two episodes. It was well made, well acted, high quality, but I didn’t exactly love the story or setting. I thought it was just……okay.

So I went into episode 3 not expecting much. But good grief, that was wonderful. What a fantastic hour of TV, best I’ve seen in a while. If the rest of the show is as good as that, this will be some series. 10/10 for EP3. Nick Offerman, who I always love, was brilliant in his role. As was Murray Bartlett, who I had only seen before in White Lotus. He has such charisma.

It was a really unexpected storyline tangent, but helped me make an actual emotional connection with the universe.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’ve never played the game, and know nothing about it. From that perspective I didn’t particularly enjoy the first two episodes. It was well made, well acted, high quality, but I didn’t exactly love the story or setting. I thought it was just……okay.

So I went into episode 3 not expecting much. But good grief, that was wonderful. What a fantastic hour of TV, best I’ve seen in a while. If the rest of the show is as good as that, this will be some series. 10/10 for EP3. Nick Offerman, who I always love, was brilliant in his role. As was Murray Bartlett, who I had only seen before in White Lotus. He has such charisma.

It was a really unexpected storyline tangent, but helped me make an actual emotional connection with the universe.
Yeah, that’s very true. Even ignoring the specifics of the love story it really brought it home how long they’d all been living in this fecked up society. Which added a lot more depth to the story. And was, unsurprisingly, a lot more effective than just putting some grey to in Joel’s hair.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well... this thread took several unexpected turns.

Kind of fitting for this show really :D

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I mean, it's probably top 10 for me. Some people just have different opinions to you.
The only thing stopping me from putting it in my top 10 is the choice of Max Richter. It's a daft reason but I associate that song with Arrival and that film personally hits me in the feels a lot deeper, so that touching moment in this episode just made me think "feck it I'm watching Arrival after this".

nimic

something nice
Scout
The only thing stopping me from putting it in my top 10 is the choice of Max Richter. It's a daft reason but I associate that song with Arrival and that film personally hits me in the feels a lot deeper, so that touching moment in this episode just made me think "feck it I'm watching Arrival after this".
Same for me except I associate it with The Leftovers. Also Arrival, which is amazing. Still top 10, though.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Just saw all three episodes together, think it's a good show till now but nothing special or all time great like it's being rated on IMDb. Love Ellie's acting though, Pedro Pascal is decent as well.

The third episode was a detour from the rest of the show though, didn't fully get why. I haven't played the games so don't know if the characters are from there, but they didn't really provide a lot of backstory to them.

jm99

It was a grand episode but I've no idea why people on Reddit are naming it among the best tv show episodes they've ever seen?!
I guess it depends what you like, it wa a fantastic standalone piece of television, but obviously didn't add a lot to the shows narrative, a lot of episodes traditionally considered top 10 or whatever involve the payoff of long plot threads like ozymandias and 4x07 in mr robot, so if you're more invested in plot based episodes as opposed to character based you likely will have enjoyed it less and that's totally fine, not everyone has to like everything

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It was a grand episode but I've no idea why people on Reddit are naming it among the best tv show episodes they've ever seen?!
I personally wouldn't go that far either (Not sure I'd put it up with any of the best 3 epiosde of TV I saw from just last year alone) - but I can totally understand if someone does. It was an incredibly well crafted hour of television that was very moving/touching and brilliantly acted and that will resonate with a lot of people... horses for courses and all that.

Raven

Thought the last episode was a little pointless, didn't mind it too much but just seemed totally redundant to the story and can't possibly be developed.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I finally got around to checking this out since it's been getting a lot of hype and after a few attempts and then falling asleep watching it, I finally made it to the end of epi2

I've been a little underwhelmed so far. It hasn't grabbed me the way Them did right off the bat. The writing feels a little sloppy so far maybe because it's based off a video game.

The main actor guy to me also lacks charisma. I don't find him very compelling as an actor, not like Rick Grimes. I didn't find the main woman very interesting or likable either. Didn't care a bit about the end of epi2. Marlene seemed the most interesting character but a few scenes and she's gone.

I'll give it another epi or two but so far it feels below the quality of acting and writing for HBO that I'm expecting. Oops just realized I haven't watched epi3 yet just the first two.

Last edited:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Naw, no bait and TWD descended fairly quickly into an unwatchable show. But that first season, Rick Grimes was definitely more compelling as a lead than the guy in Last of Us. It's also possible I'm just over this type of zombie apoc show. Or maybe it's just the writing behind this show because I liked the actor in Narcos. I still think Them is light years better than this show and I'm just not seeing the hype.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Rick Grimes more charismatic than Pedro :lol: SERIOUSLY CORAL?
Not in general, just in their respective roles in these zombie apoc shows first season. I thought Pascal was great in Narcos and as The Red Viper, just don't find him or the woman very compelling or likable in this show.

Jesus, Rick Grimes was a horrific main character for fecks sake. :lol:
I feel the two main characters in this show are pretty bland and I find myself not caring about either one of them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not in general, just in their respective roles in these zombie apoc shows first season. I thought Pascal was great in Narcos and as The Red Viper, just don't find him or the woman very compelling or likable in this show.

I feel the two main characters in this show are pretty bland and I find myself not caring about either one of them.
Prob not for you then.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Prob not for you then.
Maybe not, although I did realize I haven't seen epi3 yet. With all the falling asleep during the show, I guess I only made it to the end of epi2 so I have yet to see this episode some people are raving about. Like I said I'll give another episode or two but it could be the whole zombie apoc thing and the writing in this show just don't do it for me. The show just feels like a mashup of TWD and The Road with a little Jeff Vandermeer thrown in.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Maybe not, although I did realize I haven't seen epi3 yet. With all the falling asleep during the show, I guess I only made it to the end of epi2 so I have yet to see this episode some people are raving about. Like I said I'll give another episode or two but it could be the whole zombie apoc thing and the writing in this show just don't do it for me. The show just feels like a mashup of TWD and The Road with a little Jeff Vandermeer thrown in.
How many seasons of TWD did you put up with? Could be zombie apoc fatigue, I got out pretty early on after the hilarious ending of the Guv'nor.

nimic

something nice
Scout
This thread is the Entertainment forum equivalent of those CE threads that suddenly reveal that posters that have been here for years are racists.

Except this is much worse, now they're being revealed as having really poor taste in TV.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
How many seasons of TWD did you put up with? Could be zombie apoc fatigue, I got out pretty early on after the hilarious ending of the Guv'nor.
Maybe 4 seasons and then I gave the first spinoff a chance for one season. It had already become mostly background while multi-tasking though. It's generally not my favorite genre at all tbh which is why I was surprised I really like Them so much. I think the mystery of the creatures and the character interactions really drew me in there.

Eriku

This thread is the Entertainment forum equivalent of those CE threads that suddenly reveal that posters that have been here for years are racists.

Except this is much worse, now they're being revealed as having really poor taste in TV.
:lol:

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports

Yeah, sure. This show, so far, is just nowhere near The Wire, The Bureau, Nirvana in Fire, Gomorrah, Mr Robot, Twin Peaks or Succession in the first season.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Yeah, sure. This show, so far, is just nowhere near The Wire, The Bureau, Nirvana in Fire, Gomorrah, Mr Robot, Twin Peaks or Succession in the first season.
I don't think anyone is saying that it is? But there's a lot of space between being "an all time great" and "shit".

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
I don't think anyone is saying that it is? But there's a lot of space between being "an all time great" and "shit".
There were posts from Reddit, mentioned here, comparing to the greatest TV episodes ever, I've seen reviews from Guardian and Esquire already putting it as a "great show" and one of the "finest shows of the year" and IMDB is already rating it among the best shows of all time. Plus clearly, some posters here are really rating it so far.

I never said it was "shit" either, simply that I was underwhelmed and didn't see the reason for the hype in the first two episodes.

To be fair, by me falling asleep I mistakenly thought the end of Epi 2 was Epi 3 so I couldn't see why anyone would be sad at the ending of Epi 2, which was fairly cliche and plain silly overall. After actually seeing Epi 3, I thought that was a great episode, easily the best of the series. Bill and Frank are, by far, the most likable characters in the entire show. I'd love to see more of them.

I still don't care for the Pascal character (at least not yet) and the Tess woman is just boring as feck and cliche. I don't rate the overall series, yet, on par with 2020s shows like Them or Yellowjackets. With the third Epi, I think it has the potential to be better than TWD but it has to do better than the writing for the first two Epis. More of Epi3 and less of Epi1-2.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What is this shit. That is not how the Mario Cart game went. The banana was too big, Toad was not human in the game, and don't get me started on making Yoshi bisexual. Stupid woke HBO. Why the need to change the story? And shotguns? Mario never had a shotgun.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
:lol: I would watch the feck out of that!

What is this shit. That is not how the Mario Cart game went. The banana was too big, Toad was not human in the game, and don't get me started on making Yoshi bisexual. Stupid woke HBO. Why the need to change the story? And shotguns? Mario never had a shotgun.
All too true.