Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

AlPistacho

Yes, as a man who has slept with many men, Im always shocked by how off putting I find watching men kiss on tv. I mean, I enjoy when men cum inside me, but watching them kissing on tv? ewww. Thats just gross.

As for that other dog shit you posted, do you think I should stop listening to music as well? I mean, Justin Beiber is loved by millions, but I can't stand his music. Or could it be that different people have different tastes, and that just because someone doesn't like something it doenst actually say anything about their character?

maybe the reason I don't like it is because Im not dazzled by seeing gay men on tv. Maybe, because Im not a straight virtue signalling, internet clout chasing stain on society, I watched the story for it was, and not for purpose of using it as prop to show everyone how "Alright I am with the gayz".

Honestly, feck you. I'll take that points or the ban for that. Utterly sick of cnuts pulling the "you don't like gay people" card to defend tv shows and movies. Just fecking accept that not everything will find universal acclaim. And really fecking accept that thats ok. Let people like and dislike what they fecking want without dragging everything into the dumb fecking culture war. Because as you just found out, you don't know who the feck youre talking to online. You just assume everyone is a straight while male. Which is kinda bigoted of you. Sad fecking loser.
You naughty lil slooot

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Episode 5 is coming out early on Friday at 9pm EST on HBO Max.

AlPistacho

Episode 5 is coming out early on Friday at 9pm EST on HBO Max.
Maybe sky Atlantic will show it earlier too or have it demand. I remember something similar happened with another hbo show, might have been True Detective series 2 or 3, but can’t remember if sky showed it earlier.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Another good episode I thought. Really nice stuff with Joel & Ellie. Laughing scene at the end was sweet.

AlPistacho

Thought it was excellent. Sets up next weeks nicely. Was nice to see Joel and Ellie bonding throughout.
I like the setup to what looks like being a mid season finale. It was a good episode, but I think we could have done with more on Kathleen, her right hand man, plus Henry. We’re supposed to view the former two as villains and I am guessing sympathise with Henry but we’ve not been shown enough to feel for any. If next week is a mimi finale, then we won’t really be invested in any of the characters involved other than the Joel & Ellie.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
To be somewhat fair to those comparing to TWD, it has a lot of what I used to slag that off for too. Such as tedious conversations which spell out everything about to happen and dumb as you like characters. But exactly like the games, which can and do suffer from similar at times, Ellie and Joel's interactions are what pushes this above. So for people to moan it's not beat for beat the same as the game, but missing the point being that the heart is there even if the medium dictates a different path sometimes, is frankly just a sign of the marvel times.

Now don't get me wrong, that episode could do with more action after the beauty of the last imo, but it's the 4th episode. When it does 20 straight episodes of nothing happening, and when Ellie and Joel get as badly written as the Cop and Corrral, then we can compare.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If this was The Walking Dead, Cop would be angry with Corral for using the gun to save him. Corral would be angry with Cop for being angry with him. This would last 4/5 episodes.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I am not able to VPN with my Spanish HBO accou.... ah you mean seafaring.
Are you in Spain?
The opinions of people on the caf who hated episode 3, hate Bella, hate the changes, and like men cumming in them.
:lol:
Bring back Bill and Frank!
I mean I'm up for a sitcom of just Bill, Frank, Ellie and Joel.

Great episode once again, more plot progression and some really nice moments between Joel and Ellie.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Its just the newest hit in the latest round of prestige tv. It ticks all the correct boxes: gritty/serious but also “realistic”, lack of any use of colour, long shots, Terrence Malick style filter, middle class LGBT+ side storyline, self aware dialogue, vague themes about love and hope, minimalist to non existent orchestra soundtrack, etc.

Its the production process applied to tv after the popularity and critical awards of the Sopranos(Basically it’s like if the shopping brand John Lewis made tv shows or most A24 films).

Which doesn’t make it bad or good(From the clips I’ve seen, it seems like a ok show)but these things tend to follow a trend.
I see what you're saying but I had hopes for this after all the hype and, for me at least, Succession living up to the hype. Outside of episode 3 (which was great), epi4 is back to the same old tired paint-by-numbers crap that just feels really cliche and underwhelming to me. I'm going to give it one more episode and if it's just more of the same 1,2,4 garbage then I'm binning this show and putting it on my most overrated shows of all-time list.

I'd rather re-watch Copenhagen Cowboy, which at least is really pushing the superhero concept into some new territory.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
:lol:

I’ve been obsessed with fungi for ages, after doing a lot of foraging over the last few autumns. I notice them everywhere now. And I’ve seen them bursting through tarmac. So that was the first thing I thought of.

They're definitely underrated things. When they're not murdering everyone, anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I see what you're saying but I had hopes for this after all the hype and, for me at least, Succession living up to the hype. Outside of episode 3 (which was great), epi4 is back to the same old tired paint-by-numbers crap that just feels really cliche and underwhelming to me. I'm going to give it one more episode and if it's just more of the same 1,2,4 garbage then I'm binning this show and putting it on my most overrated shows of all-time list.

I'd rather re-watch Copenhagen Cowboy, which at least is really pushing the superhero concept into some new territory.
Like others have said before, it's really about the relationship between Joel & Ellie. Anything else is just facilitating that. If you're wanting a zombie/survival/apocalypse show that has different things that focus on that actual genre then I'd advise not even watching episode 5 tbh.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Like others have said before, it's really about the relationship between Joel & Ellie. Anything else is just facilitating that. If you're wanting a zombie/survival/apocalypse show that has different things that focus on that actual genre then I'd advise not even watching episode 5 tbh.
I'll watch it in the hopes there is another epi3 waiting somewhere but fair enough, I don't find that relationship very compelling or particularly well-written so I'll just stop posting in here.

ExoduS

Yeah, just like in walking dead - people are bigger enemies than mushbies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'll watch it in the hopes there is another epi3 waiting somewhere but fair enough, I don't find that relationship very compelling or particularly well-written so I'll just stop posting in here.
I was about to leave a note on your profile that said "Smug wanker who hates good TV" but I realised you would see it. Bullet dodged there!

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
I was about to leave a note on your profile that said "Smug wanker who hates good TV" but I realised you would see it. Bullet dodged there!
I love good TV. I mentioned a half dozen of my favorite shows in the earlier response you quoted. I'd be happy to name plenty more good TV since you need some help identifying it ;)

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I love good TV. I mentioned a half dozen of my favorite shows in the earlier response you quoted. I'd be happy to name plenty more good TV since you need some help identifying it ;)
Fighting the urge to write a note that says "pretentious wanker" now. It's really hard :(