g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

CloneMC16

It's out early this week so it doesn't clash with the Superbowl, 2am (Saturday morning / tonight if you stay up) on sky Atlantic I believe.
I did know that was the case in the US, but I didn't know if it was the same in the UK on Sky. The Sky tv guide doesn't show it being on at 2am tonight. It still shows it being scheduled for Monday at 2am.

I will stay up and see if they show it or not.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I did know that was the case in the US, but I didn't know if it was the same in the UK on Sky. The Sky tv guide doesn't show it being on at 2am tonight. It still shows it being scheduled for Monday at 2am.

I will stay up and see if they show it or not.
Got it slightly wrong, apparently it's available on demand at 2am, airs normal days and times on sky Atlantic apparently. Just read a sky tweet about it

Drawfull

Best episode yet I thought, edges 3 for me.

Kathleen is an evil bitch
The sniper bit was great, and the bloater - and its kill
Henry and Sam (especially) were great too, and I thought Sam being deaf added loads with his relationship with Ellie

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Great episode again. This has gotten off to an amazing start, have to say. Was excited but didn't think it'd be this good. Was heavy to watch that one.

Wittmann45

I haven't played the game in many years, and I don't remember much of it anyway, but that was the episode that felt the most like the video game. I think they are striking the perfect balance - good homage through little Easter eggs without the over the top fan service

Last edited:

Moiraine

Absolutely brilliant episode, I think Bella Ramsey is absolutely killing her role, easily over shadowing Pedro Pascal.

SirAnderson

So finally caved in a binged all 5 between last night and this morning the last 2.

Enjoyable and you want to keep watching.

You kind of know where's it going but enjoy seeing it unfold.

Must say, the first bit of Ellie irritated me a bit, as she was way to aggro and swearing all the time, but the relationship development is going well.
I like Pascal as Joel, think he is doing it so well.

I liked episode 3 as a standalone, didn't care much for any of the discussion until Norman :lol: thanks for a Cafe classic that will forever be remembered.

So far, I like the fact that it keeps me wanting to watch the next and the next. It has the ability to keep me engaged despite knowing the broadstrokes of the game and more or less where it's going.

Last edited:

SirAnderson

Absolutely brilliant episode, I think Bella Ramsey is absolutely killing her role, easily over shadowing Pedro Pascal.
I much prefer Pedro. He's been consistent for me, where as it took a bit for me to grow on Bella as Ellie.
Maybe as I said in the previous post of mine, that she's a bit more aggro than I remember.

But she's still great, nailing it and I think the chemistry between them is excellent.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Best of the season. I'm so sold on Bella as Ellie now. Great job.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I hate that I already know the story from the game.
I feel a bit like this, I feel like its missing the magic for me that my wife and friends who didn't play the game are experiencing.
For me its a good tv show, they are completely blown away by it.

Stupid Neil Druckmann and his stupid game spoiling it on me 9 years ago.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
One thing I found weird was
the Bloater behaving like a Lotr troll as in, it was mostly intent on murdering people instead of infecting them. That seems out of, erm, character. Other than that it was awesome

Also, I have no idea if I should spoiler this stuff.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Well, that was the best episode, so far!

My only criticisms was the convenience of the infected showing up, the miscast of Kathleen and the bloater not looking great. But these are minor things.

I really loved ellie trying to save sam with her blood. A great little scene and really powerful stuff.

Sam and Henry were built up well in just an hour to get you to care.

The action was well shot and paced.

I'm really buying both actors as joel and ellie now. The relationship is building nicely. Week after week.

AlPistacho

My only criticisms was the convenience of the infected showing up, the miscast of Kathleen and the bloater not looking great. But these are minor things.

I really loved ellie trying to save sam with her blood. A great little scene and really powerful stuff.

I'm really buying both actors as joel and ellie now. The relationship is building nicely. Week after week.
I was going to type that too but thinking about it. To get out of that situation anything else would have taken an extra episode or 2.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Thought it was a really good episode building up the characters of Henry/Sam, up until the end scene, when it descended into the cliche
scene. A hoard come just as the good guys are about to be killed by villains, and the good guys manage to magically escape while all the other bad guys get swarmed by zombies and killed.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Thought it was a really good episode building up the characters of Henry/Sam, up until the end scene, when it descended into the cliche
scene. A hoard come just as the good guys are about to be killed by villains, and the good guys manage to magically escape while all the other bad guys get swarmed by zombies and killed.
I mean they didn't really manage to magically escape, since one of the good guys got bit and died because of it, leading to the suicide of another of them. Hardly cliche. The two main characters survived, and that's kind of cliche, but in any kind of show like this you're going to be able to point to plot armour over the course of the season.

nimic

something nice
Scout

I really don't understand the concerns about the miscast of Kathleen. I thought it worked brilliantly. You don't have to be a big burly brute to be a leader. I'd argue those kinds of characters are more sinister than when the bad guys are big and loud.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

I thought it looked awesome really. It's behaviour was off for me. It seemed too purposefully malevolent instead of acting on instinct.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
One thing I found weird was
the Bloater behaving like a Lotr troll as in, it was mostly intent on murdering people instead of infecting them. That seems out of, erm, character. Other than that it was awesome

Also, I have no idea if I should spoiler this stuff.
Other half said the same

Simbo

I thought it looked awesome really. It's behaviour was off for me. It seemed too purposefully malevolent instead of acting on instinct.
I'm imagining some sort of loose story to explain it, like there's different kinds of ants that exist for a specific purpose in the colony.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
There’s another thread for this sort of talk.

AlPistacho

That scene is actually the first time in this series I’ve thought “wooow” that would be a great gaming sequence, with you being Joel.

PS: not a reference to the game as I’ve not played it, was just a thought while watching the episodes climax.

AlPistacho

I really don't understand the concerns about the miscast of Kathleen. I thought it worked brilliantly. You don't have to be a big burly brute to be a leader. I'd argue those kinds of characters are more sinister than when the bad guys are big and loud.
I thought the “miscast” was intentional. She’s a bit out of her depth & naive and her backstory and motives was explained as was the reason why she has a following Its her brother who was the genius leader that everyone followed, he got killed, the rebels then followed her and her anger got a brutal victory at the cost of the people

Revan

Assumptionman
Best episode so far IMO. Tension the entire episode, goes in character development of several other people while advancing the main plot and the characters of Joel and Ellie. Also, lots of zombies.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Mags Bennet from Justified (my favorite villain in the show) vibes.