Gaming The Last Of Us

Hal9000

Mine was delivered today, but i was out. Bastard ShopTo, since when did they start requiring you to sign for parcels?

vanthaman

Winner
Mine was delivered today, but i was out. Bastard ShopTo, since when did they start requiring you to sign for parcels?
They don't, it's an option when you order, they used to always need it signed but changed it

walsh

Decided to go to my local Asda at midnight to get it instead of tomorrow, trade in some games, buy some snacks and shoot some weird zombies in their weird faces.

Leg-End

Gutted that I can't get this for at least another week, just too busy to be able to play it so I'm punching out of this thread until then.

LARulz

Got my game, Shopto never seem to let me down. This will sound like a stupid question but the code they give said its valid from Friday, are they just saying that cos its the official release day and it will work today or will it actually not work till tomorrow?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You can tell it's a good game just from the mechanics. Only played the first ten minutes but enjoying it. I like the way that pushing down on the left analogue makes you walk backwards rather than turn 180 on a sixpence. Ladder thing seems cool too though I'm not sure why he grunts when he carries it, it's just a ladder.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I read an AMA with some Naughty Dog employees the other day and they said it takes about 17 hours.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
That'd be pretty depressing if something as hyped as this was only about 10 hours in length.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
If anyone is interested, you can pre-order this game and God of War Ascension for £44 from Tesco:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/the-last-of-us/135-2876.prd?sc_cmp=aff_1018132

Add both items to the basket and use promo code - 'TDX-PKMW' at checkout to get it for £44. You need to be a new customer to get the code (just create/use a new email address). I had pre-ordered on Amazon but cancelled that and have now ordered this for only £4 extra :D.
Cheers Ha_Rooney. Just did this, although it actually came up to £42 so even better :D

walsh

Turns out none of my local supermarkets' entertainment desks are open 24 hours so I'll have to go down tomorrow. Was getting excited for tonight as well!

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Nope. I am an original Sony man myself but got an X-Box a few years ago instead of a PS3.

I'll be definitely buying the Sony console when the next generation are released.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
I'm 20% through after about 2 hours and nothing has happened yet. Linear paths and basic gameplay. Would be surprised if it managed to turn into a 10/10 game after the start.

vanthaman

Winner
I'm 20% through after about 2 hours and nothing has happened yet. Linear paths and basic gameplay. Would be surprised if it managed to turn into a 10/10 game after the start.
Yea it's basically been a two hour tutorial showing you how to do stuff that you'd already worked out how to do before you need to

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Oh motherfecker. It's restarted me way back! What the feck happened to autosave?

This game makes my PS3 sound like a fecking plane.

vanthaman

Winner
My PS3 just turned itself off, mid-game.
I haven't had my ps3 turn off but I have had some strange kind of deaths, right at the beginning when you go down some stairs straight after going up the first ladder, I went down before the woman and it went black and took me back to bottom of the ladder, this happened twice,

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think there's an autosave bug. I'm turning it off and saving every time I do something.

vuc

First Team Serb
I tried to get it just now at ASDA. The guy said it can't be sold till 12. I bartered with him a bit and said it's like 2 in India man comon. He laughed and said the real reason is there is a big fine if they sell it before 12. I left with a cool story bro to tell Redcafe. :(

shaggy

Yea it's basically been a two hour tutorial showing you how to do stuff that you'd already worked out how to do before you need to

Where you at now mate?

I'm around 30% in (the woods). Another game with shite AI. Seriously dumb enemies. Still struggling to see how this has received such high praise. Predictable, cliche, scripted, linear and average gameplay so far. I also can't shake off the feeling I'm controlling an older Nathan Drake.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Underwhelming response so far in here. I was half-wondering whether this thread was going to end up like the Skyrim one with a load of "OMFG, THIS IS AMAZING!!11" type comments flying around. :D

If this isn't all that, I'm genuinely never going to trust any review that is released ever again. I'm even going to go into Watchdogs assuming it's shite.

vanthaman

Winner
Where you at now mate?

I'm around 30% in (the woods). Another game with shite AI. Seriously dumb enemies. Still struggling to see how this has received such high praise. Predictable, cliche, scripted, linear and average gameplay so far. I also can't shake off the feeling I'm controlling an older Nathan Drake.
Downtown 22%

shaggy

Underwhelming response so far in here. I was half-wondering whether this thread was going to end up like the Skyrim one with a load of "OMFG, THIS IS AMAZING!!11" type comments flying around. :D

If this isn't all that, I'm genuinely never going to trust any review that is released ever again. I'm even going to go into Watchdogs assuming it's shite.

Long way to go yet still. But I thought it was going be a far more open game, interactive environment, unpredictable enemies, survival of the fittest, sort of thing. There's even a cop out "listen mode", which is basically x-ray vision through the walls. I would describe it as Uncharted with Zombies so far.

shaggy

I'd also strongly advise those with Fat PS3's to avoid for the time being as reading around their appears to be a problem with the game on fat PS3's and overheating.

vanthaman

Winner
I'd also strongly advise those with Fat PS3's to avoid for the time being as reading around their appears to be a problem with the game on fat PS3's and overheating.
I thought mine seemed rather hot earlier, although I had been on my ps3 all day playing heavy rain and portal 2 before last of us