Gaming The Last Of Us

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Long way to go yet still. But I thought it was going be a far more open game, interactive environment, unpredictable enemies, survival of the fittest, sort of thing. There's even a cop out "listen mode", which is basically x-ray vision through the walls. I would describe it as Uncharted with Zombies so far.

I see. At least if this is a let down I won't have to be bothered about not being able to play it! Felt a bit disappointed when I found out it was a PS3 exclusive.

Leg-End

I accidently clicked this thread again.

I hear this game is bit of a slow burner, starts great and then it gradually feeds you into it rather than just throwing it all at you from the start, the exploration options as well as more combat ramp up past a certain point. I wouldn't be writing it off just a few hours in.

paceme

Golly Gilmore
“What’s the matter, lager boy, scared you might ta
Long way to go yet still. But I thought it was going be a far more open game, interactive environment, unpredictable enemies, survival of the fittest, sort of thing. There's even a cop out "listen mode", which is basically x-ray vision through the walls. I would describe it as Uncharted with Zombies so far.
I knew there'd be x ray vision! fecking knew it!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've turned off shit like Listen Mode and the game hints.

Yeah that's probably what happened to me. I actually stopped playing last night because I was worried it would crash again.

Cina

So is it good? Thinking of buying it at lunch, convince me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's nothing groundbreaking. It's good but I don't think worthy of the 10/10 reviews. It's nothing we haven't seen before.

Cina

It's nothing groundbreaking. It's good but I don't think worthy of the 10/10 reviews. It's nothing we haven't seen before.
Hmm, that's slightly disappointing. gamespot did only give it 8/10 and they're usually a bit more realistic with reviews than the others, so I did sort of assume it wasn't as good as it was hyped to be.

Is it worth the 50 squid?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Where are you buying games for £50?

Not sure really, I haven't played enough of it because it fecks up fat PS3s.

Cina

oh, I have a fat PS3..

€50, you English bastard.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
It fecks up the fat PS3? Well feck that then, not getting it until a fix is out thats for sure.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
There was a patch last night which may have fixed the issues.

Anyway it's not that great. Terrible AI, average gameplay. If you were super hyped for this game like I was then you can only be disappointed.

iSparky

There was a patch last night which may have fixed the issues.

Anyway it's not that great. Terrible AI, average gameplay. If you were super hyped for this game like I was then you can only be disappointed.
Really? Well shit thats not good.

vanthaman

Winner
This game is pissing me off, what's the point of stealth kills if everyone within a hundred yard radius hears it

And if you are in a darkened room and crouched behind something the enemies can still see you and silently call 5 of their mates over who are in different rooms

Also you can't seem to kill people from behind corners or behind objects like you can in most games

shaggy

Worse than Uncharted?
Uncharted 2 is comfortably better, but that's one of my favourite games of all time.

This game is pissing me off, what's the point of stealth kills if everyone within a hundred yard radius hears it

And if you are in a darkened room and crouched behind something the enemies can still see you and silently call 5 of their mates over who are in different rooms

Also you can't seem to kill people from behind corners or behind objects like you can in most games

Yeah not being able to kill people behind walls or objects is really annoying.

The main problem with the game is the terrible AI. Seriously awful. How can this not have been picked up in reviews? You are also the only person who can 'alert' the enemies, so it's pretty amusing watching one of your pals run right in front of an enemy only not for him to react because you yourself haven't triggered it.

vanthaman

Winner
The main problem with the game is the terrible AI. Seriously awful. How can this not have been picked up in reviews? You are also the only person who can 'alert' the enemies, so it's pretty amusing watching one of your pals run right in front of an enemy only not for him to react because you yourself haven't triggered it.
Yea the ammount of times Ellie has run into a clicker or marine and they haven't even flinched

Cina

Yeah but she looks like Ellen Page so it's all good.

kps88

Shit, I already got it today. Guess the reviews are all rubbish again.

shaggy

It's a bit silly, she keeps talking about things like coffee shops, music records, posh hotels and stuff.... when she was born 6 years after the start of the zombie influx. So really she should have no idea about how most things were before. Obviously it's realistic that she would get told a lot, but she speaks like she 'misses' these things which doesn't add up.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Very nearly brought this at lunch before looking at the reviews on here, looks as if I saved £35.

iSparky

Its not getting great feedback around the internets this morning. Plenty of people unhappy with it.

shaggy

If anyone did buy it but hasn't played it yet I would recommend to start on hard mode and switch off all tips and x-ray vision, which thankfully you can do under options.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If anyone did buy it but hasn't played it yet I would recommend to start on hard mode and switch off all tips and x-ray vision, which thankfully you can do under options.
Can you move the difficulty down to normal mid game if it gets too hard?

shaggy

Can you move the difficulty down to normal mid game if it gets too hard?

Yup :)

Pretty straightforward so far though. Am 46% through. Very satisfying taking out 3 guys with a bow without getting caught. Shame it seems pretty random whether the arrow breaks or not, hardly any arrow pick-ups.

vanthaman

Winner
A few people who have finished the game are saying its brilliant, I reckon it's just one of those games you have to persist with till you it pays off

iSparky

Mother feckers, is this thing good or not?
Opinion seems to be split, people either think that its great or think its a big steaming pile of shit.