Gaming The Last Of Us

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've barely played this so looking forward to actually getting a bit further in today.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just booted up my PS3 and sat there for a few minutes waiting for the game to load. Got annoyed because it was just a black screen, then realised my TV wasn't on. :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I just got my face ripped off by a big feck-off clicker thing.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Ellie's a pretty decent sidekick when she's not standing in my way. Saved me a couple of times but shouting watch out when I haven't spotted someone charging at me, and also smashing bottles over people's heads when I'm in trouble.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Haven't played it yet, decided to take the ps3 apart and clean it first...suppose I'll take the leap a bit later on.

vanthaman

Winner
Another problem I have with the game is that if a Clicker attacks you early in the game, you are dead, yet if they attack your companions you have time to save them

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was hiding in a building, two guys come round looking for me, one hops in through the window and the other walks along the outside. Hit both of them with my last two arrows. Had no ammo left for anything else. They were such good shots :drool:

Hitchcocker

How the hell can you be so accurate with arrows? It's ridiculously hard especially with Joel's hands shaking.

Hal9000

Yeah i suck with Arrows, you really have to take your time with them. Good for clearing out rooms of infected quietly as well.

walsh

Looking on PSstore now, this worth getting?

I've played around 4 hours and already I'd say it's definitely worth playing. The atmosphere is amazing and the graphics are fantastic. The gameplay isn't that revolutionary but it's still good and the tension that the game creates is palpable. I can't wait to play more of it later.

LARulz

Just finished it. Great game, normally these kinds of games are hit and miss with me but was quality.

The ending was a bit disappointing. I thought it was odd that Joel lied knowing she will eventually figure it out/demand to know answers when she gets older. I agreed with Marlene but thats just because it can lead to a possible cure, but can understand it from Joel's point of view. There is a part of me that wants a sequel but it works best as a standalone.

When Joel looked like he was about to die and then they cut to Ellie and you had to control her, I almost lost my shit thinking 'I spent all that time trying to build this guy up into a one man wrecking ball and its now pointless'. Though I did enjoy playing as Ellie and the Winter part was the best overall in my opinion.

I do have a question, and I probably missed this somewhere, but how did Marlene get there before Joel and Ellie?

Hal9000

The final part.

On a whole was quite a let down for me. The tunnel section was probably one of the easiest encounters with the infected i came played. Then the hospital section, was pretty quick and actually easy (think the flashlights the enemy had made it easier). After the previous two sections, it did seem a bit of a come down.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
The final part.

On a whole was quite a let down for me. The tunnel section was probably one of the easiest encounters with the infected i came played. Then the hospital section, was pretty quick and actually easy (think the flashlights the enemy had made it easier). After the previous two sections, it did seem a bit of a come down.

agreed, I had a flamethrower full to bursting which decimated everything in the tunnel and the hospital guys as well. Very easy game overall and I played on hard with wall vision turned off.

LARulz

agreed, I had a flamethrower full to bursting which decimated everything in the tunnel and the hospital guys as well. Very easy game overall and I played on hard with wall vision turned off.
The flamethrower made it far too easy to be honest. I stopped using it after the tunnel, I agree with you both the tunnel should have been a lot more difficult than it was

Hal9000

Yeah start it on hard, it also really helps with the feel of the game as you really are left with almost zero ammo at points. Also suffered a bug just after leaving Boston where my health meter was just constant black. Actually liked that idea so did not restart. So played through from Boston to Winter with no real idea of my health.

Will probably play through on survivor mode next weekend.