The leaks against the manager 2023 edition

quadrant

What, did they want fecking praise for shipping 10 goals in 3 games? They'll keep hearing criticism until they earn the right for it to stop. There is so much that needs to change in this dressing room its untrue.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Fail to win tomorrow and there will be weeks of this kind of thing.

Ricardo de la Vega

If you're tired of criticism, play less shit.
Why bother? You can just down tools and get your manager sacked if he gets above his station and asks you to work hard. What are they going to do? Sell you? Good luck finding someone who can cover my wages I'll just sit here on £300k pw doing nothing.

Grande

That’s cool and all but it doesn’t mean the story isn’t true. You have literally no idea what sources he has so don’t talk nonsense.
It pretty much means it either isn’t true, or it’s blown out of proportion. The few times MEN’s ‘revelations’ has been founded on anything real, it’s when one or two outcasts have aired personal complaints as if they were not a miniscule minority. Bailly, for example.

Lickhurst doesn’t write outright lies, he’d be finished if he did, but that doesn’t mean that what he writes is true, if you see the difference. He is got at getting clicks, unfortunately what get’s the most clicks is anything that stirs emotions like fear, anger, fascination or outrage in us United followers. This always hits back on the team, and by extention, on us fans. In that, he is some one pisses in the collective drinking water for a job.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A manager has certain expectations from certain positions in his team? Outrageous.

It's just such a bizarre criticism. A self own that they're not willing to work as hard as Antony does.
I think it can be both, it's definitely on the player to own the fact they don't work hard as Antony, but it's not like Antony has done a great deal. The manager just expecting someone to be to be a completely different player is also not exactly reasonable.

I personally think whoever it is, is being a whiny cnut, but I can see where they might be coming from.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Was that defense used for Ole, or is it just used for Tan Hag?

For some reason, it seems that posters here like to defend ETH for everything that happens, unlike his predecessors. It’s always the fault of someone/something else, not the manager.
Yes.

Cantona in disguise

For some reason, it seems that posters here like to defend ETH for everything that happens, unlike his predecessors. It’s always the fault of someone/something else, not the manager.
The manager may get the tactics wrong and deserves criticism but there is no excuse for lack of effort. Erik can't force them to do the bare minimum that's on them.

RedDevil@84

Same old same old. Players whine and whine when asked to play and try to get the manager ousted. Works every time and will be awarded with contract extensions

JB7

I think it can be both, it's definitely on the player to own the fact they don't work hard as Antony, but it's not like Antony has done a great deal. The manager just expecting someone to be to be a completely different player is also not exactly reasonable.

I personally think whoever it is, is being a whiny cnut, but I can see where they might be coming from.
It sounds to me like they are expected to run as fast in one direction as they are another. That's not an unreasonable request.

Telsim

Absolutely toxic to carry players we publicly wanted to get rid off. The effort shown by McTominay on Wednesday a clear example.
Luckhurst in a known shit-stirrer, so the chances of this being true a rather low.

If it is true, then it's just the pattern repeating itself. The beginning of the end, as it were.

IRN-BRUno

Wasn't there a report a couple of days ago that the players applauded his speech after the Brighton game?

It's just so easy to write this kind of thing and people lap it up so they do it again and again. Pointless even denying it because it's then "well they would say that". There's an obsession with leaks, sure some stuff will inevitably find it's way to journalists as it does at every club but most of it is no doubt made up. And if it does happen it's not necessarily one of the players, it could family, friends, agents, staff.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Luckhurst in a known shit-stirrer, so the chances of this being true a rather low.

If it is true, then it's just the pattern repeating itself. The beginning of the end, as it were.
If it's not true Bruno can come up with a quick remark of everyone is behind ETH and show a good game next game

It's that simple. Smoke fire and stuff

Ricardo de la Vega

We need to stop giving this stuff any oxygen. If it's not made up the powers that be at United need to get to the bottom of which players are 'leaking' and make an example out of them.

Just replace them with some youth players - can't be any worse. it would be a huge mistake to give in to these players - AGAIN. Doesn't matter your opinion of ETH, we can't let these players think they have any power here. It's destroying the club.
You can't replace the players. No one can buy them because they're on ridiculous contracts worth too much money. Don't you see? The clubs executives made this happen. They GAVE these players this power, this entitlement, knowing that they couldn't offload failures like Sanchez, Di Maria, Memphis, Maguires of this world etc easily. The reason they did this was because they wanted immediate success post fergie and were so desperate that getting rid of the wage structure was OK because we were going to carry on in the United Way tm. This is idiocy and its got us to where we are. We need to rebuild from the ground up - model ourselves and our system wage structures on other more successful clubs in recent years once these idiots contracts are up, even if it means going backwards and finishing in the bottom half for three or four years. Back ten hag, let him rebuild under a proper director of football putting a strategic vision of our football from everything from scouting to transfers to style of play on the pitch from top to bottom of the club.

Castia

The club isn’t ruthless enough and now a handful of unhappy players that should have been binned in the summer are leaking their displeasure. If a player is told he’s not wanted and is transfer listed like Maguire there is no circumstance in the world that should see him be playing games, he’s basically told us to shut the feck up and continues to be picked :lol:

It’s a Jose and Ole carbon copy. A decent season followed by players who cba to work to a high level and drop off knowing the manager will be taking the bullet.

IRELANDUNITED

I don't understand why people believe this shit. It's Luckhurst.
Yeah exactly, I don’t think ever seen a less informed journalist than Luckhurst, the lad hasn’t got a clue.

But if ten Hag was overly critical of some players more so than others I wouldn’t have a problem with it, some players need more criticism because their efforts on the pitch aren’t up to scratch. Ten Hag knows the players he’s brought in will at the very least try their best 100%. Look at Mctomminy the other night, lost the ball and barely jogged back - he deserved special criticism after that.

TsuWave

I fecking despite the players man. I might actually be done with football if this all turns sour.
You guys are so dramatic. This could easily be journos making something out of nothing. Even if it was true, managers are not infallible - and the results combined with the lack of coherence on the pitch will start to raise eyebrows - even among the players. Ultimately, we have players we need to sell and bought questionably, so Ten Hag will naturally come under a bit of pressure.

el3mel

Fair, it could be that. Though with the recent Sancho nonsense my mind was primed to think this was about public criticism.

I’m not inclined to give our squad the benefit of the doubt, though. Ajax players didn’t seem to have a hard time when he was managing them with great success. Meanwhile this club has had players put their thumb on the scale and influence the last days of a manager’s tenure here. I’d rather us back the manager than give in to player power.
Managing United's dressing room is far harder than Ajax's.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It sounds to me like they are expected to run as fast in one direction as they are another. That's not an unreasonable request.
Maybe, I guess without the data, it's hard to say. I would have thought it's easy to disprove the player moaning with all the GPS tracking etc, now used for performance.

Ricardo de la Vega

The club isn’t ruthless enough and now a handful of unhappy players that should have been binned in the summer are leaking their displeasure. If a player is told he’s not wanted and is transfer listed like Maguire there is no circumstance in the world that should see him be playing games, he’s basically told us to shut the feck up and continues to be picked :lol:

It’s a Jose and Ole carbon copy. A decent season followed by players who cba to work to a high level and drop off knowing the manager will be taking the bullet.
I'll say it again. You cannot replace these players. The club has fecked it big time by giving them unmatchable contracts for many years because they were desperate to get them in and the agents knew it. Now we pay the price.

RuudTom83

Common sense would tell you any player complaining or whinging should be the ones to leave before any manager.

This unfair treatment bullshit or favouritisms narrative is so weak. The obvious candidate being Sancho vs Antony who had 21 vs 23 starts in the league last year...hardly screams unfair treatment does it.

Next in line would be Maguire...did he not get enough hints last season he wasn't starting eleven...did he not have an entire summer to move.

As Keane would say...."big babies" the lot of em.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You guys are so dramatic. This could easily be journos making something out of nothing. Even if it was true, managers are not infallible - and the results combined with the lack of coherence on the pitch will start to raise eyebrows - even among the players. Ultimately, we have players we need to sell and bought questionably, so Ten Hag will naturally come under a bit of pressure.
Technically his source could just be Sancho too, or just rehashing the Sancho stuff

KD6-3.7

Oh boy I wonder who this group of players could be.

Sick of so many players in this squad, so much deadwood that survives under new management time and time again and A large reason why we wouldn’t thrive under pretty much anyone. Imagine this group trying to adopt to Pep’s tactics they wouldn‘t last half a season but this club rewards mediocrity and created a dressing room full of brats.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wasn't there a report a couple of days ago that the players applauded his speech after the Brighton game?

It's just so easy to write this kind of thing and people lap it up so they do it again and again. Pointless even denying it because it's then "well they would say that". There's an obsession with leaks, sure some stuff will inevitably find it's way to journalists as it does at every club but most of it is no doubt made up. And if it does happen it's not necessarily one of the players, it could family, friends, agents, staff.
They are not a single voice. There are unhappy players there, and as has been pointed out, players that have left may have an axe to grind too (but they'd need to be communicating with the current unhappy players ).

How you can expect a dressing room to be unified when there was a list of players for sale briefed to the press this summer and the manager clearly not wanting some of these players with the club incapable of moving them on, is beyond me. He absolutely did the right thing with Sancho if he's a toxic element.

There are quite a few players who clearly do not put in the effort and there are also players who have terrible body language in matches. Wasn't that a thing under Ole/Rangnick - that body language thing, as in, wasn't it talked about openly that we want to change it?

ManUtd1999

Back ten hag, let him rebuild under a proper director of football putting a strategic vision of our football from everything from scouting to transfers to style of play on the pitch from top to bottom of the club.
Is he capable of building, though? I haven’t seen enough signs of that. I haven’t been impressed by his signings so far.

I want to see what ETH and the current group of players can do in the next few weeks (which means that he shouldn’t be sacked anytime soon). However, if it doesn’t work and we decide to have an overhaul of our team, then I don’t want him to lead it or be part of it.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's Luckhurst so I don't really want to give it any attention. The way this stuff comes out at the first sign of adversity is always quite annoying, though.

Ricardo de la Vega

Is he capable of building, though? I haven’t seen enough signs of that. I haven’t been impressed by his signings so far.

I want to see what ETH and the current group of players can do in the next few weeks (which means that he shouldn’t be sacked anytime soon). However, if it doesn’t work and we decide to have an overhaul of our team, then I don’t want him to lead it or be part of it.
I don't want him to rebuild. I want him to coach the team according to a plan and players brought into that plan by a DOF and a scouting team ran by the DOF.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It pretty much means it either isn’t true, or it’s blown out of proportion. The few times MEN’s ‘revelations’ has been founded on anything real, it’s when one or two outcasts have aired personal complaints as if they were not a miniscule minority. Bailly, for example.

Lickhurst doesn’t write outright lies, he’d be finished if he did, but that doesn’t mean that what he writes is true, if you see the difference. He is got at getting clicks, unfortunately what get’s the most clicks is anything that stirs emotions like fear, anger, fascination or outrage in us United followers. This always hits back on the team, and by extention, on us fans. In that, he is some one pisses in the collective drinking water for a job.
Of course he outright lies, what he writes consistently doesn’t happen. Why? Because he made it up.

Claimed Amrabat wasn’t signing days before he signed.
Made up info on Mainoo’s injury return which was very clearly just a guess.
Made up a story about Adnan Januzaj falling out with staff and being dropped from the squad, played the very next day.
Made up story of bad attitudes of players based solely on Warren Joyce yelling.
Made up a story about a huge fight between Nicky Butt and CallumGribbin during a match that didn’t happen.
Has made up contract lengths for players that aren’t even legally possible.
Has consistently failed to use google to check basic facts.
These are just off the top of my head. He makes up vaguely possible stories about everything. He has no sources.

He has outright lied time after time for years

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The leakers will be some of the British players. It’s one of or more from Rashford, Sancho, Maguire, McTom I think.

JB7

The leakers will be some of the British players. It’s one of or more from Rashford, Sancho, Maguire, McTom I think.
You'd think Luckhurst was a known Brexiteer who doesn't speak to foreigners.

Frank White

Definitely been a leaker all along, his on the pitch attitude tells you everything about him.
So Rashford is leaking that he's tired of favouritism in the squad but he's routinely played every week and see's out a full 90 more often then not? Makes sense.... Big if here but IF this is real then it's going to be someone frozen out.

RC89

I mean, there should be no shortage of criticism from the manager this season so far. We've been absolute shite. What are they expecting?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Wondered how long it would be before Maguire got blamed for this :lol:

Really didn't take long for some to use their favourite scapegoat.

The Purley King

I’m doing that definitely and it’s because I can see that ETH is trying to build the right culture.
Discipline, hard work, being on time for shit.
With the others I didn’t see that.
Edit - specifically Ole calling everyone by matey names and it turning into some sort of holiday camp.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Wondered how long it would be before Maguire got blamed for this :lol:

Really didn't take long for some to use their favourite scapegoat.
Chances are that it is him or that he is involved.

UK press protect the British players and blame the foreign players.

Dan_F

Apart from Sancho, I can’t even recall ETH being critical of any individual players.