The leaks against the manager 2023 edition

HJ12

If Luckhurst has sources as he claims, he really shouldn't be allowed to the press conferences. I mean he gets inside info anyway (apparently), so why does he need to be there?
Tired of the rotten elements in our club, but am equally tired by the sh*t stirrers amongst the press. Club should call them out, or at the very least limit the access they get.

SteveCoppellFan

If our bloody fanbase stopped reacting to this stuff in such a feeble way then journalists might stop doing it.

astracrazy

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out which players it may be.
It won't be Maguire, EtH has defended him recently plus he isn't even playing. I'm not sure how Maguire could complain about criticism with a straight face.

Marcelinho87

So Pogba has gone, Lingard is out -- Who is likely to be the leak?

Rumours in the past about Shaw and Heaton... Could it be?

JB7

Doesn’t take a genius to figure out which players it may be.
You're right, it certainly doesn't take a genius to guess at what players it may be and even less of a genius to assume it's definitely X or Y. As it said, it is baseless.

astracrazy

Shaw is out injured. He won't even be around the squad, let alone have any reason to be moaned at by EtH.

All fingers point to Rashford and he is a common dominator over the years this has been going on. Put it like this: how many players have been here since the LvG days this stuff started and are still here now, plus are fit and playing recently.....

Zen86

Favourites in the dressing room, haven’t heard this story before. Players are a bunch of fecking children.

JediSith

To be expected. A lot of journalist are not happy with the Maguire situation. They’ve just been waiting for a few bad results.

If they do have sources. Then the following players and their camps; Maguire, Sancho, McTominay.

Don’t think Shaw, as he’s benefited from ETH so no reason.

From the unexpected players . Also mentioned in another article, and I did think of it from before. I’m guessing players who liked/respected De Gea. That can increase the list quite significantly. The change might have been correct, but what was incorrect is how it was done.

Now, my personal opinion is that it was not ETH intention to do it like that. He was going to keep DDG for an extra year or two. But when the Kim min-Jae transfer flopped he decided to bring the number 10 goalkeeper signing a year or two ahead and De Gea was collateral. But from the players perspective it’s a crappy way to treat our longest serving player (Jones doesn’t count).

So.. anyone or more of the back four especially last season they had that tight bond. And from the squad could be anyone. I’d guess most of those there longer than 1 year would have had an opinion on that.. The more they played or more they knew DDG the more intense that opinion would be.

LordSpud

The leakers will be some of the British players. It’s one of or more from Rashford, Sancho, Maguire, McTom I think.
I would imagine it's the ones that Ten Hag wanted out but decided to stay for an easy buck. Maguire, McTominay etc

Judas

Open to offers
Shaw is out injured. He won't even be around the squad, let alone have any reason to be moaned at by EtH.

All fingers point to Rashford and he is a common dominator over the years this has been going on. Put it like this: how many players have been here since the LvG days this stuff started and are still here now, plus are fit and playing recently.....
Rashford is a clear favorite and plays all the time in his favoured position, it doesn’t make sense for it to be him?

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

I think it’s an error to assume it’s been the same person for the last 6 or 7 years. If it was then, aside from support staff, it’s going to be a very short list.

astracrazy

Now, my personal opinion is that it was not ETH intention to do it like that. He was going to keep DDG for an extra year or two. But when the Kim min-Jae transfer flopped he decided to bring the number 10 goalkeeper signing a year or ahead and De Gea was collateral. But from the players perspective it’s a crappy way to treat our longest serving player (Jones doesn’t count).
You're timing all out for that to be the case. We announced De Gea was released a few weeks before Kim moved to Bayern and we signed Onana. If what you are suggesting is true and we planned on keeping DDG, we wouldn't of made it official until either scenario was settled i.e we sign Kim and then keep DDG or we sign Onana and then announce we are cutting him loose. We did neither, we cut him loose first. I also don't think we were ever signing a defender unless Maguire left.

I think it’s an error to assume it’s been the same person for the last 6 or 7 years. If it was then, aside from support staff, it’s going to be a very short list.
I appreciate that, but also can't be discounted.

RedDevil@84

Obviously, but it gets harder still if you let players call the shots and set their own standard.
At United, players have ridiculous power. Even an average player at the club knows that few months of good form is awarded with a big salary bump and a long contract extension. They can oust any manager because the club wouldn't stand with the manager.

Robaldo

Scott McTominay has barely any social media presence, has been with the club since he was a kid and doesn't strike as a 'brat'. I don't think it's him.

Rake

It is just baseless speculation, but this is a forum, so I'll give it a brief glance. Reading through the article, i get the feeling it is 90% made up with a bit of truth he was told. That bit with the right winger if awfully specific and narrows down the players who could be concerned about that (which does not mean that one of them is the leak).

Leaks are persistent, so it might a player that has been around for a few years. Additionally, someone that journos might get an easier contact with so maybe and English player.

Sancho - Likely goner. The Scapegoat outs EtH for having favorites and "shitting" on him while vindicating himself because EtH is secretly Krampus.
Rashford - Not happy by treatment of his mate Sancho? Not happy with something that he has to do on the pitch. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Maguire - Another dead transfer walking. Constantly berated by fans and pudits alike, never likely to play despite what EtH said. Also, the manager said several times that he has to improve. We know that Maguire doesn't think he has anything to prove.
Shaw - currently nowhere near the team. Probably rehashing what he heard, if it was him.
Heaton - don't really know much about him. We did not let him leave during the summer, so maybe something there.
DDG - leaking old stuff because of how things ended up. Not likely.

Assuming it is not someone from the staff, Sancho and Maguire stick out from the rest of the lot.

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
You're right, it certainly doesn't take a genius to guess at what players it may be and even less of a genius to assume it's definitely X or Y. As it said, it is baseless.
It’s a discussion forum. I’m giving my opinion. If you have an issue then maybe you’re in the wrong place.

Eriku

At United, players have ridiculous power. Even an average player at the club knows that few months of good form is awarded with a big salary bump and a long contract extension. They can oust any manager because the club wouldn't stand with the manager.
Indeed. I was quite happy with ETH last year, and thought how he handled Ronaldo and Rashford was great, and other players said that it was a solid statement when Rashford was benched for being late.

I think it’s doubly important that ETH gets full backing now, or we’ll just see the same from this weak group the next time the going gets tough.

Redstain

It won't be Maguire, EtH has defended him recently plus he isn't even playing. I'm not sure how Maguire could complain about criticism with a straight face.
Omitted as club captain, was allowed to move compared to Mctomminay who the club was more reluctant to sell according to reports. I think it's one of the two and Sancho potentially.

What it does show however is that more than one player feels there is favouritism as was displayed in the case with Jadon's statement. The fact that there's criticism of the tactical aspects of the game suggests it's a player who's had game time recently.

JediSith

You're timing all out for that to be the case. We announced De Gea was released a few weeks before Kim moved to Bayern and we signed Onana. If what you are suggesting is true and we planned on keeping DDG, we wouldn't of made it official until either scenario was settled i.e we sign Kim and then keep DDG or we sign Onana and then announce we are cutting him loose. We did neither, we cut him loose first.
De Gea left on 8th July. Bayern Munich officially signed Kim Min-Jae 12 July.

As clueless as our club is i don’t think they’ll be waiting for the official Twitter announcement or even Romano here we go to know that they’ve lost a key target to a rival.

The Romano here we go for Kim Min-Jae to Bayern was on 28 June. Also the Onana links started around July 13th, before that there were no links. So time line totally adds up.

Last edited:

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I appreciate that, but also can't be discounted.
Yep, you’re absolutely right. It’s one of those things that there will never be a answer to I think. No journo is going to reveal their source, especially if that source gives them clickbait headlines at a club like Utd.

Grande

Of course he outright lies, what he writes consistently doesn’t happen. Why? Because he made it up.

Claimed Amrabat wasn’t signing days before he signed.
Made up info on Mainoo’s injury return which was very clearly just a guess.
Made up a story about Adnan Januzaj falling out with staff and being dropped from the squad, played the very next day.
Made up story of bad attitudes of players based solely on Warren Joyce yelling.
Made up a story about a huge fight between Nicky Butt and CallumGribbin during a match that didn’t happen.
Has made up contract lengths for players that aren’t even legally possible.
Has consistently failed to use google to check basic facts.
These are just off the top of my head. He makes up vaguely possible stories about everything. He has no sources.

He has outright lied time after time for years
All right, I’m not going to argue against that. Bottom line is, the best we could do for our club is to totally ignnore him.

jem

Jettison Maguire, McTominay, and Sancho and see how quickly these leaks disappear.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Jettison Maguire, McTominay, and Sancho and see how quickly these leaks disappear.
The leak come from more influential people. My best Rashford.

Sancho : nobody cares bout him. He's toast anyway. And if it's indeed him the team would have played better anyway since he's not in it.

Maguire : same as Sancho.

People who leaked this are still in the team and his position is under threat and needs ETH to be sacked. McT is unwanted whoever comes in I doubt he care that much

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
If these lazy, entitled cnuts sack another manager, I'm done watching United for a very long time. What's the fecking point?

jem

I also think Rashford has this kind of behaviour in him, but I can't really imagine him having the nerve to accuse ETH of favouritism given that he'd be the prime example of such favouritism, should it actually exist.

jem

Sancho : nobody cares bout him. He's toast anyway. And if it's indeed him the team would have played better anyway since he's not in it.

People who leaked this are still in the team and his position is under threat and needs ETH to be sacked. McT is unwanted whoever comes in I doubt he care that much
But why would Rashford leak against ETH - he's been overly-favoured by ETH if anything.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Lolz, I can't even deal

What is wrong with these players

JB7

It’s a discussion forum. I’m giving my opinion. If you have an issue then maybe you’re in the wrong place.
As was I. My opinion is that your view is baseless, which it is. If you can't deal with someone pointing that out then maybe you're in the wrong place.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Chances are that it is him or that he is involved.

UK press protect the British players and blame the foreign players.
Based on what exactly? Other than the hatred for the guy on here?

UDontMessWith24

When they had the disciplinarian in Mourinho they cried he wasn’t being nice. When they had the nice guy in Ole they took liberties and did whatever they wanted. Now they’re back to crying. They can pretty much all f*** off at this point.

JediSith

Rashford has no reason. Don’t underestimate Maguire’s influence with the media and pundits.

Got arrested in Greece and the media portrayed him as the victim. Even did a sympathy interview with him.

Get’s criticism for being rubbish and criticism of him as a player gets lumped into the same basket as acts of criminality by the media. Eg look how many people now connect criticism of Maguire to the bomb threat etc.

In general look how silent the media and pundits were to him being so rubbish for so long. Now compare it to Casemiro this season.

jem

Based on what exactly? Other than the hatred for the guy on here?
'Based on' is a bit of a pointless comment given that the whole idea with a leak is that it can't be directly attributed to someone. That being said, it's not hard to imagine Maguire feeling aggrieved/entitled. He's lost his starting spot and the captaincy (rightfully so, but that's a different story) and has members of the media blowing smoke up his ass, man-cretins like Agbonlahor being a prime example. Given his past actions/comments (cupping his ears, not feeling he has anything to prove, etc.) coupled with the current narrative doing the rounds that he's a scapegoat for club and country, it's again not hard to imagine him feeling emboldened to chat off the record with certain trusted press members.

hobbers

McTominay may be useless and lazy but I dont think he'll be leaking to Luckhurst.

The squad has a spineless element to it and it seems we'll never be rid of it. At least not while the Glazers are around setting rock bottom standards and playing favourites with players themselves (Martial etc)

Sancho will be leaking the worst stuff, obviously. Maguire could be. Rashford is a known briefer but he's the one getting the red carpet kid glove treatment despite being utter shite for months. Donny's agent usually has a lot to say.

Giggsy13

So it’s safe to say that “dressing room” is probably just Jadon Sancho and his camp spouting off shite. Noise noise noise, shut the feck up, apologize and play better Sancho.

United Hobbit

If these lazy, entitled cnuts sack another manager, I'm done watching United for a very long time. What's the fecking point?
So fecking sick of them, I'm starting to question ETH but hopefully this time they won't get their own way with the manager being sacked. Probably doesn't like that he's actually brought some discipline in and theyre expected to toe the line so theyve started the campaign to sack their next manager

Perhaps if they put in as much effort on the pitch as they did to whining... let's not forget they'll still take in their massive salaries...