The leaks against the manager 2023 edition

Hughes35

Not many players left it can be anymore really (If there is a leak, which there does seem to be).

It's somebody that was here under previous managers. Probably British but not guaranteed.

IMO the options are - Maguire, Rashford, Mctom, Martial, Sancho or Shaw.

Shaw seems to be enjoying life under ETH, Maguire gets an obscene amount of criticism from the media & Mctom seems pretty professional.

Rashford is a media darling and definitely has contacts, Martial just seems the type, and we don't need to discuss Sancho as he clearly has a grudge...... Take your pick out of those three. (It's more than likely Sancho)

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Hasn't the volume/timing of leaks (this season anyway!) started now after the whole Sancho fiasco? Doesn't mean it's him directly but could be someone close to him?

Plastic Evra

Isn't it a fool's errand to plug all leaks ? Of course when numerous people start doing so it's never a good sign. But there's journos who the whole beat (or most of it) will be MU (or any other given club), constantly chit chatting on the phone or roaming around Carrington to get pieces and bits from the gardener / some player, etc... (or maybe that's too old fashioned, but their finger on the pulse ofs agents, entourages, players...).

There's something a little paradoxical as us fans like to have a lot of info about how the team is doing and at the same time a lot of discussions veering into praising the manager being tight lipped / only giving the same rehashed prepared quotes.

Apokalips

Not many players left it can be anymore really (If there is a leak, which there does seem to be).

It's somebody that was here under previous managers. Probably British but not guaranteed.

Shaw seems to be enjoying life under ETH, Maguire gets an obscene amount of criticism from the media & Mctom seems pretty professional.

Rashford is a media darling and definitely has contacts, Martial just seems the type, and we don't need to discuss Sancho as he clearly has a grudge...... Take your pick out of those three. (It's more than likely Sancho)
Martial "seems the type" - really? To talk to British press...Martial of all people. He seems quite reserved and shy and in no way connected in the media. Martial is one of the absolute last people I'd expect to be leaking anything to the media.

Any leaker would likely get majority positive press, as that's kinda the whole deal of scratching each other's back, and would most likely be British or someone that uses the media to highlight their causes. Alternatively, it could be an indirect leak from a family member, etc.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

Why does the leak have to be a player?

It's more likely it's a staff member rather than playing staff.

People originally thought the leaks were Henderson, then Lingard, then Ronaldo....

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

People originally thought the leaks were Henderson, then Lingard, then Ronaldo....
It's very likely they all were leaks, but you're also right that it's likely some staff members leaking things too.

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
There's definitely a snake, probably more than one, and I have my suspicions who it is, but if I speak I'm in big trouble.
I'll just go ahead and say it and let the chips fall where they may. At least one of them is that heavyset geezer in outdated clobber that's always chatting with the kit man. Walks like he's got a pebble in his sneaker. Don't know his name, but it's him. Guaranteed.

cyberman

Saw a rumour that’s it’s Tom Heaton

Hughes35

True. Have any staff that closely linked to the first team dressing room survived several managers though?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Why does the caf assume the manager is just the victim and not leaking stuff himself? it's not like we haven't had pro-eth leaks literally just today about him "being frustrated with body language." Who else would let that slip to make the cult buzz with excitement?

FortunaUtd

I guess it is the account "YO_INSIDERUNTD" that was up since July and broke the Wan Bissaka injury well ahead of official media the other day, and was posted here via one of the aggregators. We all wondered how they would know, well, the hint was in the account name "Insider United". Not well camouflaged.

Last edited:

Marcus

Maybe it's not the player deliberately leaking, but perhaps they have a nosy agent/friend /family member whom they confide in who is a big mouth?

M16Red

Talk crap.
"He said the players are not having the manager (EtH). They're not having him at all.

"By all accounts, they are disgusted by the way he treated Ronaldo - and they say Sancho is a great guy who works his socks off."

I don't know be this seems to happen a lot when on a international break. Maybe Utd players with England need to keep the talking on the fecking pitch, not running their mouths. Sir Rashford is my bet.

Last edited:

glasgow 21

Talk crap.
"He said the players are not having the manager (EtH). They're not having him at all.

"By all accounts, they are disgusted by the way he treated Ronaldo - and they say Sancho is a great guy who works his socks off."

I don't know be this seems to happen a lot when on a international break. Maybe Utd players with England need to keep the talking on the fecking patch, not running their mouths. Sir Rashford is my bet.
It happens on international break as these nonsense stories are piled up for publishing on a quiet sport day. I couldn't care less what happen to Ronaldo or Sancho .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Talk crap.

I don't know be this seems to happen a lot when on a international break. Maybe Utd players with England need to keep the talking on the fecking pitch, not running their mouths. Sir Rashford is my bet.
This is the most obvious bullshit. "A mystery player who spoke to someone we know who told me they aren't having him". Ya right.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I doubt they were disgusted with the way he treated Ronaldo. He carried on picking him after he refused to come on as a sub and stormed out of the ground....and that was after he spent the whole summer trying to leave and still got picked the second he was half way to being match fit.

And Ronaldo himself basically said he only liked about 3 of the players, one of whom is injured and joined from Ajax BECAUSE Ten Hag was the manager.

Oranges038

This is the most obvious bullshit. "A mystery player who spoke to someone we know who told me they aren't having him". Ya right.
You'd have to be mental to think it's possible that a man who briefly played for Utd almost 40 years ago, still has inside knowledge from contacts within the club.

He's clearly a bullshitter.

Crimson King

Talk crap.

Weird how we instantly got better after Ronaldo was dropped and then shipped off to the Saudi's.

astracrazy

Talk crap.

Well we instantly know right there this is all a load of bs. It's not just Man Utd that said about his poor attitude, it was even reported in Germany.

Santos J

I guess it is the account "YO_INSIDERUNTD" that was up since July and broke the Wan Bissaka injury well ahead of official media the other day, and was posted here via one of the aggregators. We all wondered how they would know, well, the hint was in the account name "Insider United". Not well camouflaged.
Yeah it was that one, the account is back now though

croadyman

Talk crap.

Yeah every international break we get this

Irwin99

Talk crap.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Talk crap.

This only makes sense if his contact is Sancho.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Makes sense they are disgusted. That Europa league game where every player on the field was trying to help Ronaldo score was disgusting haha.

Makes me sick how some people try to get 5 minutes of fame or to cash in a little bit from our bad form right now.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Your right, never read it like that till just then!

:lol:

@Chipper do the opposite of sancho here, start off with "what women" or "where is this cupboard"
He's bad at following RedCafe instructions. Watch him say "what cupboard" and "where are these women?"

El Zoido

If Sancho is a “great guy who works his socks off” then why has he been ostracised from the squad by the manager? ETH just personally dislikes him?