Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Oh, if you daze them with a headshot with an arrow, you can mount them like a horse and go wild on the back of their head with a sword.
Sweet! Sounds like my kind of method, I shall try it soon!

Well ... some of his attacks cant be blocked
Blocking the charge might not be possible until you've unlocked ... something. Maybe just run out of the way of it?

They definitely take a while to get the hang of but they get easier

Works after a charge if your quick too (works any time he lowers his head actualy, there's a few things trigger it)
Thanks for the tips! I'll keep them in mind and just keep trying :)

Anyone turned off the HUD? I did earlier for the couple of hours I played. Reckon I'll leave it off from now on.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
It says it's damaged on a couple of the features of it until you get to that lab place and that woman fixes it, iirc. The map should work though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So what's the consensus on this now you guys have had time with it?

How many have actually got through and finished it? How many are still playing regularly? How many have given up, or got a bit bored?

How high up do you regard it compared to all time greats?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

How many have actually got through and finished it? How many are still playing regularly? How many have given up, or got a bit bored?

I'm definitely taking my time. I have no idea why though, as everytime I play I spend hours just getting distracted by something shiny in the distance. This is going to top the likes of Skyrim and Witcher for hours put in for me.

And it's a bona fide all time great, there's no two ways about it. What Levine and the guys say in that video I posted is bang on, there's just nothing quite like it especially for balance and variation all through the game.

caid

I finished it, still have the rito divine beast to do and i haven't really wandered around that part of the map at all.
I play it less, an hour or two every few days. Still only 30% complete apparently
As far as all time greats go ... I dont know, its hard to tell even this long after its release.
I'd be surprised if it didn't win the GotY in most places this year, beyond that I dont know.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout

I've played it for over 70 hours so far and absolutely love it.

Next time I do a top 10/20 favourite games of all time list, I'll have to find a place for it.

Last edited:

Maxii

Paad
I played for about 80 hours I'd say and I'll admit, towards the end I just finished the last dungeon and headed to Hyrule Castle as quick as I could just to finish it. I get very burnt out by games these days so I think it's just me and gaming in general to be honest. Same thing used to happen to me with the Witcher 3. I would play that for about 80 hours, have to take a break and then go back to it after a month or so. And I put 215 hours into that game.

BotW is easily an amazing game, but probably my biggest gripe with it is the shrines. What I love about Zelda games is going to a new massive dungeon with a whole new theme for each one (I know the whole forest, fire mountain, water etc has been done to death but I really missed the big dungeons in this game.) I got bored with the shrines because they all had the same theme basically with the same enemy types. I didn't like the music in them either.

I'm also sad to say I was kind of disappointed with the divine beast dungeons. They were a nice idea but kind of fell short imo. The way you interacted with the beast so solve certain puzzles was a nice idea, but the puzzles still didn't have much of a wow factor and were very easy.

Now, saying all that - the exploration blew me away. I've never spent so much time in a game just endlessly walking around looking for new ways to interact with the environment. I'd never even think of half the stuff that was posted in this thread would be possible :lol:.

All in all, I loved the game but I kind of lost interest quicker than I would have thought. Saying that, I'm sure I'll come back to it in a months time again like I did with the Witcher and throw another 80 hours in!

Woodzy

I could play this forever.

I just sold a load of shit in order to afford the stealth attire but I'm half wondering whether I shouldn't have. I sold 30x Amber pieces and some Topaz, amongst other things.

I'm now wondering if I'm going to regret it (this exact same thing used to stress me out on The Witcher too)

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout

I just sold a load of shit in order to afford the stealth attire but I'm half wondering whether I shouldn't have. I sold 30x Amber pieces and some Topaz, amongst other things.

I'm now wondering if I'm going to regret it (this exact same thing used to stress me out on The Witcher too)
Nah, there's plenty more around.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Right up there with Suikoden 1&2 and Final Fantasy 7&9 for me.

Nah, they're about as straightforward as it;ll get to farm, well besides bundles of wood, but Amber especially is easy to amass.

Woodzy

So I guess it's a better question to ask what I should not sell? I haven't come across much rupees in the game yet so I'm guessing selling is the best way?

caid

So I guess it's a better question to ask what I should not sell? I haven't come across much rupees in the game yet so I'm guessing selling is the best way?
Star Fragments, Ancient Springs etc, Diamonds, Sapphires and Rubies are all ones to keep.
I'd avoid selling any bugs or lizards that hard to get (you need some for armor upgrades and ... they're hard to get).

I usually sell monster parts. Amber and Topaz are good too

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The monster parts can have uses too, so I wouldn't junk them, but it's really easy to build up more amber. What I did was mark where each Talos was, and after each blood moon do the rounds taking them all out, they'll give you loads of gems and aren't much hassle to fight.

caid

The monster parts can have uses too, so I wouldn't junk them, but it's really easy to build up more amber. What I did was mark where each Talos was, and after each blood moon do the rounds taking them all out, they'll give you loads of gems and aren't much hassle to fight.
I tend to sell any over 40ish. Which often means selling 100+ of each.
I guess i've reached a point where if i sit down and start cooking, i'll have filled my food bag before i get to the monster pars
And tbh i think its easier to farm bokoblins and lizarfos than anything else.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I tend to sell any over 40ish. Which often means selling 100+ of each.
I guess i've reached a point where if i sit down and start cooking, i'll have filled my food bag before i get to the monster pars
And tbh i think its easier to farm bokoblins and lizarfos than anything else.
It's not the cooking, as much as the armour upgrades I was thinking, but yeah, probably not too bad to chuck bokoblin and lizfalos bits(but keep the tails).

caid

It's not the cooking, as much as the armour upgrades I was thinking, but yeah, probably not too bad to chuck bokoblin and lizfalos bits(but keep the tails).
good point actually
... wish i didn't sell them ones : (

Woodzy

Star Fragments, Ancient Springs etc, Diamonds, Sapphires and Rubies are all ones to keep.
I'd avoid selling any bugs or lizards that hard to get (you need some for armor upgrades and ... they're hard to get).

I usually sell monster parts. Amber and Topaz are good too
I already sold some Rubies :(

Woodzy

I'm loving it, it sucks you in just like The Witcher did but it is so different in its own way. It's far less full on than the Witcher, which is what you would expect from Zelda, but it certainly makes it much easier to pick up and play.