Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm thinking about selling my PS4 to get a Switch with Zelda. Few questions:

1. Does a Switch come with two controllers?

2. Does Zelda have any multi-player modes and if not is it a good game to take in turns to co-op?

3. Does the Switch ship with any games bundled in with it?

Sweet Square

2. Does Zelda have any multi-player modes and if not is it a good game to take in turns to co-op?

1. Kind of

The Blue & Red parts come off and can be used as two controllers.

2. No multiplayer

3. No

Overall if your still using the PS4 then I wouldn't sell it for a switch.

Last edited:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Cool.

Yeah I've seen some people say they enjoy doing it. Maybe once I try it I might as well, but from looking up some recipes it seems a bit of a hassle.
I love the cooking, but be aware you simply don't have to do too much, just make specific recipes for specific times, you don't need to spend hours on it.

The defense, stamina, speed boosts (for example) really do make a big difference so maybe get a simple recipe for each and go from there.

caid

Just beat the "Modest Test of Strength" shrine. He was a tough fecker.
You get used to them, theres a lot of tricks
Remember having a minor nightmare against one of them when i started but i just sail through rarely taking damage nowdays.
Their attacks are pretty easy to read, they're one of the easier enemies to perfect dodge / block when you know what to look for.
Finishing them off can be annoying when they start spamming the laser I guess (you can reflect that back at them btw)

Guardian weapons and arrows do a lot more damage against them than most weapons btw.

RedMist99

God, I played for 15 hours yesterday. The whole time was spent doing shrines and armour upgrades and it absolutely flew by because I was enjoying it so much.

Unbelievable game

RedMist99

Remember having a minor nightmare against one of them when i started but i just sail through rarely taking damage nowdays.
Their attacks are pretty easy to read, they're one of the easier enemies to perfect dodge / block when you know what to look for.
Finishing them off can be annoying when they start spamming the laser I guess (you can reflect that back at them btw)
Guardian weapons and arrows do a lot more damage against them than most weapons btw.
Yeah I found these a nightmare before I had a bit of a strategy. Never lose a heart now.

The bolded bit: you can get up close to it in its final stage and just run round it. You'll never get hit. After the fourth blast, unleash he'll on it!

kps88

Finally got around to finishing it. Few minor grievances here and there but this will go down as a masterpiece. Can't wait for the DLC.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
God, I played for 15 hours yesterday. The whole time was spent doing shrines and armour upgrades and it absolutely flew by because I was enjoying it so much.

Unbelievable game
That'll happen alright, 15 hours later.... "I just need three more frogs..."
Finally got around to finishing it. Few minor grievances here and there but this will go down as a masterpiece. Can't wait for the DLC.
No game is 100% perfect, to be fair.

PepsiCola

I'd hold off on getting a switch til the end of the year. There will be more games out and you'll have a better idea of how well supported it will be.

However Zelda is a must play imho.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I want to get the kid an Amiibo for this, what would be best Wolf link or Epona. @Earthquake Is it even worth it?
I haven't tried either. Wolf Link is supposed to be pretty good though. I guess Epona would be best for nostalgia, plenty of good horses available in game as it is, though Epona is probably the best.

I have the BOTW amiibos(the only ones I've ever bought, but the models are amazing). None of them give off especially good rewards, I think. Got some useful swords from the horse-rider Link, and Zelda can give royal shields which are better than most standard available stuff.

I wouldn't say they were worth it, tbh, unless you really like the models.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I haven't tried either. Wolf Link is supposed to be pretty good though. I guess Epona would be best for nostalgia, plenty of good horses available in game as it is, though Epona is probably the best.

I have the BOTW amiibos(the only ones I've ever bought, but the models are amazing). None of them give off especially good rewards, I think. Got some useful swords from the horse-rider Link, and Zelda can give royal shields which are better than most standard available stuff.

I wouldn't say they were worth it, tbh, unless you really like the models.
Might get him the wolf since it looks cool but probably not worth it.

RedMist99

I've got the Smash Bro's (I think) Link and that gives you Epona.

I didn't know I had to register her though and lost her in the early hours of the game. Not seen her since :(

caid

I just got...

The Master Sword

and earlier on defeated Divine Beast Vah Medoh.

Still absolutely loving the game!
Wow,your flying through
Not much work getting done this week im guessing :)

Siorac

I have a decent PC. You are a thief.

BTW, it won't really be ready that soon, but it will come as Nintendo always use an OpenGL based api, coupled with the already well known hardware.
Who says he's not going to buy the game? Plenty of people do that: use an emulator but buy the game anyway for the sake of supporting the developers.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Who says he's not going to buy the game? Plenty of people do that: use an emulator but buy the game anyway for the sake of supporting the developers.
wonder what the percentage is of people who pirate games that also buy a copy?

2% a bit generous I reckon

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect

I found that shrine and then immediately stumbled into the Major test :lol:

Not perfected the timing yet but parrying their beam back at them ruins them so hard.

Siorac

wonder what the percentage is of people who pirate games that also buy a copy?

2% a bit generous I reckon
Well probably but I have faith in United fans. He'll buy the game, I'm sure! He looks like a decent, trustworthy fella.

caid

Heh,
I like the pile of apples for the horse at the end

I need to farm some more guardians for the last piece of armor
Anywhere good other than hyrule castle? (just a bit bored of it)

re emulators - i actually have a pile of games for consoles i dont own anymore and emulate every so often to play.
This game is in a relatively weird position as its rare to be able to emulate a console till pretty late in their lifespan and then usually not very well.

Its definitely a bad situation as this game is a system seller if ive ever seen one but generally speaking i think emulation is a good and necessary thing for gaming.
I just cant imagine being able to get a working sega saturn nowdays and dont think i have a tv i could connect to if i did.
The whole archiving nature of it is important

kps88

I need to farm some more guardians for the last piece of armor
Anywhere good other than hyrule castle? (just a bit bored of it)
There's a lost temple somewhere that has a lot of them. Can't remember where but you can look it up I guess. There's a shrine at the end of it as well so you can fast travel

caid

There's a lost temple somewhere that has a lot of them. Can't remember where but you can look it up I guess. There's a shrine at the end of it as well so you can fast travel
Yeah i remember it now actually. Dragon flys by every so often too
I suppose the tests of strength would work too.

RedMist99

There is a Guardian 'graveyard' on the east of the map. Loads of ancient parts to be found in defunct guardians but there are still a few active ones knocking around

Bojan11

Just asking, why are you selling your PS4? There's been a few decent exclusives on the PS4 in the last few months like Yakuza, Nier, Nioh, Horizon and Persona 5.

I would never sell a Xbox or PS4 to buy a switch unless you got a good gaming PC. As I don't think third party publishers will treat it seriously.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
East Akala, I think.
It's directly north of the Ancient Workshop, you'll see a floating labyrinth island you can glide to. Full of flying Guardians and one normal one, with a pit drop right in front of the shrine leading down to the graveyard which has shitloads of Guardians. Great item in the chest down there too.

Phil

I finally have it. Am stuck trying to get to Mount Hylia right now though.