Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Phil

I wasn't expecting to get it until the 1st April or so since that's when Amazon said they had stock in, but I woke up to a dispatched email yesterday morning which was a nice surprise!
I hate you. I'm in the same boat. Where are you based?

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Zeldah merchine?

Also, in further "there's always something new" news, I was watching a vid on youtube, and at some point a bokoblin started throwing pebbles, and the player was able to bat them back at it with a sword. :lol:
Yeah, I've actually done that with a boko club accidentally, it's pretty cool when you time it and hit them!

I'm currently mastering Guardian parrys, I'm getting really good at them vs normal enemies. I find the dodging a little clunky though, but that's perhaps because unlike the Souls games, this doesn't have invincibility frames. Nintendo finally go back to being a big hard core! :lol:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
amfilm is the one I've used, it's really very good. Neither me nor my young children had any problems with the dock, but it is plastic inside, so you can't be too careful!

Now go away and get rescuing Zelda! (I'm on about 36 hours, and am still about 5% through the game at best :lol:).
I might get something like this as well - http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...witchs_screen_with_these_fetching_dock_covers

From the hour or so I've played so far I'm pretty sure it's going to be a while until I stop pissing about doing random stuff :lol:

Redlambs

Yeah I was looking at those, for fun more than anything though. I've currently got the blue lense wipe that comes with the PSVR over mine, it looks rather nice actually!

From the hour or so I've played so far I'm pretty sure it's going to be a while until I stop pissing about doing random stuff :lol:
Oh, newbie, you have no idea! :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm currently mastering Guardian parrys, I'm getting really good at them vs normal enemies. I find the dodging a little clunky though, but that's perhaps because unlike the Souls games, this doesn't have invincibility frames. Nintendo finally go back to being a big hard core! :lol:
I've been having a lot of fun chopping their legs off.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Get a screen protector! I've got a tempered glass one from amazon I'd highly recommend. In the meantime, don't be a spaz with how you put it in the dock ;)
I got screen protector as I had read the glass melts

Can you link me to the one you got please

Also did you get a spare plug for charging just the handheld?

Redlambs

I got screen protector as I had read the glass melts

Can you link me to the one you got please

Also did you get a spare plug for charging just the handheld?
Here's the film: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-S...&qid=1490295929&sr=1-1&keywords=switch+amfilm

And I've not yet got a spare charger, I've got mine in a place it's easy to just unplug. I probably will though, however I think for extra docks there'll soon be cheap alternatives since there's not actually much to them.

Edit: Forgot to add, again I've had no issues with mine. I've got a feeling people were playing for hours way too soon after applying it and what they are actually seeing is the glue melting a bit.

Last edited:

Phil

Bournemouth.
When I saw your posts yesterday I was thinking how that's the exact position I was expecting to be in :lol:
Ha. You bastard. Last question I promise, when did you order?

caid

I used to avoid them like the plague until I needed to farm them, had to get used to dealing with them right quickly.
I've been killing them by batting their lasers back at them but i've broken all my shields now so need to come up with a better plan
They're kind of annoying, they really take a beating.
Just wailing on them with a sword doesn't seem to be a great way of killing them as it just chews through your weapons

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I've been killing them by batting their lasers back at them but i've broken all my shields now so need to come up with a better plan
Just wailing on them with a sword doesn't seem to be a great way of killing them as it just chews through your weapons
Chopping all their legs off will take about half their health off and is pretty easy to do, and shouldn't chew through much of a good weapon.

If you can bomb them just right, or hit them in the eye with some really powerful bows, they can flip over and usually have a big weakpoint on their underbelly.

Redlambs

There seems to be a specific timing that doesn't destroy your shield with them. I've had some luck with weak shields not breaking when batting the beam back.

caid

There seems to be a specific timing that doesn't destroy your shield with them. I've had some luck with weak shields not breaking when batting the beam back.
I think the damage, if any, is minimal if you do it right.
I just messed up the timing and that eats through pretty much any shield in 1 hit
Crappy boko shield is as good for it as any other though.
I should just stop doing it once ive gone through my weaker shields

Chopping all their legs off will take about half their health off and is pretty easy to do, and shouldn't chew through much of a good weapon.

If you can bomb them just right, or hit them in the eye with some really powerful bows, they can flip over and usually have a big weakpoint on their underbelly.
I didn't know chopping off their legs did any damage or that the underside was a weakpoint but thinking back the ones i could flip did die pretty quick
I was just chopping off one side of legs so they got stuck and i could smash them up in peace.
Is there turret type ones around hyrule castle that you cant flip?
Not sure i tried but think they were the main problem

Last edited:

RedMist99

:lol:

When this game keeps surprising you. Rode my horse up to a shrine and noticed there were a few statues with a cradle of an apple. Obviously I'm about to place an apple for the korok to appear then my my horse pops up and starts munching the apples next to me.

I didn't have any more apples!

caid

Cool.

Yeah I've seen some people say they enjoy doing it. Maybe once I try it I might as well, but from looking up some recipes it seems a bit of a hassle.
I enjoyed it at first (mostly from experimenting) but not so much now,
its a bit of a chore i have to go through every few hours of play.
Its quick enough to cook up a massive stack of food to keep you going for a good while though (if you skip the animation)

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I enjoyed it at first (mostly from experimenting) but not so much now,
its a bit of a chore i have to go through every few hours of play.
Its quick enough to cook up a massive stack of food to keep you going for a good while though (if you skip the animation)
I might just do it when I come across somewhere to cook whatever ingredients I have, rather than specifically head out to do it. Hopefully it wont feel too much like a chore then.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
As the laser intensifies, you see the bright white light and thats when you hit A. I think I've somewhat mastered it. I spent a while in Akala just fighting them!

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Cool.

Yeah I've seen some people say they enjoy doing it. Maybe once I try it I might as well, but from looking up some recipes it seems a bit of a hassle.
I literally just add anything and everything to see what crap I can make. Most times, you'll end up with dubious food.