The Ludo draft

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Let me get this right.

If I choose one of my choice players and someone else also goes for my choice player. I get him, the other person gets blocked and end up with no one.

If I go for a random block player and someone else also does, said player gets blocked for us both and we both end up with no one?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Let me get this right.

If I choose one of my choice players and someone else also goes for my choice player. I get him, the other person gets blocked and end up with no one.

If I go for a random block player and someone else also does, said player gets blocked for us both and we both end up with no one?
That's correct

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
reckon we will have Fellaini esque passing stats, 1/10

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Sent. Hopefully I pass and can change my stance to this actually being a fun round.

GodShaveTheQueen

I was hoping you’d get no one and moan some more instead :)
Haha no draft was awesome without a bit of moaning and raging.

I'd have personally liked the edited idea if

1. No one was guaranteed a pick from the word go. Especially of the quality of Ronaldo/Matthaus.
2. The rest were not given a harsh 1 chance pass or fail round with technically only 15 players worth picking from that list to be split among 15 managers.

Last edited:

Skizzo

Haha no draft was awesome without a bit of moaning and raging.

I'd have personally liked the edited idea if

1. No one was guaranteed a pick from the word go. Especially of the quality of Ronaldo/Matthaus.
2. The rest were not given a harsh 1 chance pass or fail round with technically only 15 players worth picking from that list to be split among 15 managers.
1. Was only done that way as the original idea from the get go was to let managers choose one of their two chosen players at the end. The caveat was that whoever they didn’t pick, would be assigned to their opponent.

2. The rest of the managers now have a chance at getting more than they would have. Some managers had two goalkeepers to choose from, and others had the likes of Anelka/Shaqiri. This way at least they have a chance at someone better.

GodShaveTheQueen

1. Was only done that way as the original idea from the get go was to let managers choose one of their two chosen players at the end. The caveat was that whoever they didn’t pick, would be assigned to their opponent.

2. The rest of the managers now have a chance at getting more than they would have. Some managers had two goalkeepers to choose from, and others had the likes of Anelka/Shaqiri. This way at least they have a chance at someone better.
Chuck this, we'll probably never agree :lol:

How many left?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The last round should have just been a simple sheep for the Banned players or nothing at all. All this advantage for picking your "choice" player is just rubbish.

GodShaveTheQueen

All this advantage for picking your "choice" player is just rubbish.
For me, choice picks like Foulkes, Anelka, Stimac, Rijsbergen, Winter were well researched picks in the spirit of the draft while Ronaldo/Zidane/Matthaus/Baresi etc were obvious lazy choices which didn't require any research.

Being at a disadvantage for making well researched picks is not cool or even makes too much sense to me at least which is why the uber moaning

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
For me, choice picks like Foulkes, Anelka, Stimac, Rijsbergen, Winter were well researched picks in the spirit of the draft while Ronaldo/Zidane/Matthaus/Baresi etc were obvious lazy choices which didn't require any research.

Being at a disadvantage for making well researched picks is not cool or even makes too much sense to me at least which is why the uber moaning
Baresi maybe, but not the other three, they played for multiple clubs over a long period of time opening up different decades, wide range of team mates and at the same time denying a GOAT to drafters in a neighbouring timeline.
Good choice players imo.

Last edited:

Skizzo

You get a free pass with the triplets, this one is all on the Pillow ;)
:lol:

Nah I’ll take the heat for it. Was my idea from the beginning. I understand some people’s aversion to it or it seeming unfair, but complaining is a part of drafting anyway.

People moan in sheep drafts because a round comes up where they have less options than someone else based on choices they already made. People complain in luck based drafts because a random dice roll means they have to pick from the same category again.

It’s hardly the end of the world, and you can see how little it matters when people are already signing up for two more drafts.

TL;DR people moan and if this is the worst part of their day to complain about, I’m ok with that :)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
:lol:

Nah I’ll take the heat for it. Was my idea from the beginning. I understand some people’s aversion to it or it seeming unfair, but complaining is a part of drafting anyway.

People moan in sheep drafts because a round comes up where they have less options than someone else based on choices they already made. People complain in luck based drafts because a random dice roll means they have to pick from the same category again.

It’s hardly the end of the world, and you can see how little it matters when people are already signing up for two more drafts.

TL;DR people moan and if this is the worst part of their day to complain about, I’m ok with that :)
Can you imagine how boring a draft would be if no one moaned

Skizzo

Makes it tempting to run a draft which is advertised as a complete mindfeck in terms of surprises and such. Can get it out of our system and then keep the other drafts “normal” :lol:

Indnyc

Makes it tempting to run a draft which is advertised as a complete mindfeck in terms of surprises and such. Can get it out of our system and then keep the other drafts “normal” :lol:
Was thinking about this actually.. Chaos draft.. Mix of Sheep, Roulette, decade restriction, Region restriction etc (I.e. each round is different but no clue to what is happening each round)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I was thinking of a Battleship draft, where the mod has a excel file with about A-Z and 26 columns with players in some cells, criteria in some cells, penalty criteria in some cells etc.
  • Every round managers make 2 choices (e.e. A16, F24) in private and at the end mod announces the results.
  • If someone else hits on same box later, they "steal" the player from manager who got him previously.
Looks like a bit too much effort for the mod though, so I pass. Just in case anyone else wants to run this...