The Make A Fecking Sub ETH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Great against Spurs. A coward tonight. Start fecking trusting your youngsters.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Fred should have come on for Eriksen.

McTominay is a complete idiot. Players like Sancho, Fred, Eriksen are just not good enough. Will take a few windows to improve.

Erics_Collar

Cowardly substitution costs us.

Too scared to bring on Iqbal or Garnacho.

Instead bringing on players who have proven on countless, countless occasions that they are more than not good enough, they're undeniably shit.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
McTominay doesn't have two brain cells to run together. Fecking two hands around the waist. Braindead, completely fecking braindead.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He got the tactics perfect first half, but some of our players are just not good enough to maintain it.

We need to trust and back him.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
we have casemiro one of best headers in the game and we only do fecking short corner routines that amount to nothing. 1st cross in the game = goal

Sylar

He got the tactics perfect first half, but some of our players are just not good enough to maintain it.

We need to trust and back him.
His subs were Fred, mctominay, lindelof and elanga

He badly needs to be backed especially up front

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His subs were Fred, mctominay, lindelof and elanga

He badly needs to be backed especially up front
There was nothing better either, shouts for Garnacho and Iqbal are silly.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Does he ever make an attacking minded sub when games are tight? Mourinho lite won't work in the long run.

Vapor trail

Last two prem league games in row ETH substitutions have negatively impacted the game in the same area of the midfield. Fred / Mctomminay have no class whatsoever and when the team doesn't score enough goals it's not a gamble that's sufficient to take.

paulscholes18

These BS negative subs when we are only 1-0, nearly cost us vs Leicester, Southampton and again tonight,

arnie_ni

Shows the lack of quality in the squad. No good subs to bring on and one injury has to start elanga

saivet

Remind me of the wealth of quality attacking options he can select from our bench?
He could have brought on Garnacho or Sancho for Elanga. In a way that McT change gave them a bit of confidence that we are looking to keep it 1-0 rather than trying to make it 2-0.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We are usually worse after the subs. I also think keeping Bruno at all costs is a mistake, especially if he's part of the front 3 and high up the pitch.

avgp_1

Bringing on a midfielder for a winger and pushing Bruno out wide is becoming his favoured sub so far

Resonance

People asking for attack minded subs when West Ham were dominating us all over the pitch is very strange. It’s not ETH fault that he can only resort to Fred or McTominay to help try regain midfield control.

Dominos

These BS negative subs when we are only 1-0, nearly cost us vs Leicester, Southampton and again tonight,
Not to mention Chelsea at 0-0.

Flooding the team with midfielders in the 2nd half doesn't seem to be having any sort of positive impact at all. We've just been fortunate not to concede late goals, every single game we're holding on for dear life being bombarded with corner after corner, ball pinging round our box like a pinball, opposition missing chances and De Gea making saves.

Dominos

People asking for attack minded subs when West Ham were dominating us all over the pitch is very strange. It’s not ETH fault that he can only resort to Fred or McTominay to help try regain midfield control.
We have to ask why our 3 midfielders aren't enough in the first place to maintain some semblance of control on our own pitch against West Ham? We've had to resort to playing 4 or 5 midfielders several times this season already, and not even against good teams.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Elanga should have gone off at half time. He was dreadful in the first half. Sancho or Garnacho should have been the change as WH were there for the taking.

I’m really hoping that he isn’t now afraid to sub Ronaldo. He should have been hooked in that second half as he offered absolutely nothing.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
But there's another aspect to it. Out of Rashford, Ronaldo and Bruno front 3 you need to worry only about the former for counters. So they will be pushing us more and can have their backline very high, what is exactly happening. We need to add someone who will stretch them more, adding 2 midfielders did nothing today to regain control.

MrSingh2002

I don't understand why, he was already tired and does not have the ability to beat anyone with speed or dribbling.
Probably ball retention. You can tell Ten Hag is crying out for more players capable of just doing the basics. Control and pass. In a couple of windows he'll have the squad he wants with the bench he wants.

arnie_ni

VdB for Bruno would have been a good sub. Can’t really complain about the other subs though.
Not when he was out wide. It had to be sancho really at that stage. Bruno for mct or Fred is the obvious sub to me to strengthen the middle. Play a 3 of case erisken and one other, but today elanga had to be hooked.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Not when he was out wide. It had to be sancho really at that stage. Bruno for mct or Fred is the obvious sub to me to strengthen the middle. Play a 3 of case erisken and one other, but today elanga had to be hooked.
Well did he? I'm not sure. We lost a runner in Elanga (who was having a bad game) and left Bruno (who also was having a bad game) out of position. Maybe Elanga was tired, I don't know.

Bruno should've gone down imo. It makes no sense to keep him. Fresh Sancho also could be doing the running if that's what we wanted from him.

arnie_ni

Well did he? I'm not sure. We lost a runner in Elanga (who was having a bad game) and left Bruno (who also was having a bad game) out of position. Maybe Elanga was tired, I don't know.

Bruno should've gone down imo. It makes no sense to keep him. Fresh Sancho also could be doing the running if that's what we wanted from him.
Elanga was so poor he had to go but I'd also have took Bruno off for sancho. Then again he's been very poor recently and I don't think eth trusted him.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Elanga was so poor he had to go but I'd also have took Bruno off for sancho. Then again he's been very poor recently and I don't think eth trusted him.
No argument here, but he at least would've been a threat on the counter. That imo is better than having Bruno and Ronaldo there.

I won't criticise Ten Hag here, but we used two subs. We could've done more changes. I just don't think ending game (when we're being pushed back) with Rashford Ronaldo Bruno front 3 is the way to go, and seems like our default setup.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I have been very critical of Sancho this season but Elanga today was worse. Bizarre that he didn't come on and instead opted for Bruno wide right.

Status
Not open for further replies.