The Make A Fecking Sub ETH Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

What does Ten Hag see in Elanga? Annoying sub when you have an incredibly talented and hungry Garnacho waiting to come on

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
4-0 down in the first half for the second time in the last 5 games. Zero in-game management again bar a forced change. The guy is clueless.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Team selection makes little difference if City is playing like that. He should've reacted much faster, no doubts about that, but we would still lose by a few.

SirMonteyne

No matter what happens you have to play your best players unless they are injured. He is treating a team like it's one of the small teams.

G-MUFC

We need some defensive minded midfielders on. This midfield couldn't handle a basic Arsenal team a few weeks ago, so what made us think it could handle City!

Idxomer

Team selection makes little difference if City is playing like that. He should've reacted much faster, no doubts about that, but we would still lose by a few.
We would've lost regardless but going out without midfield against City was suicide and to keep that going after 30 minutes is just sheer lunacy.

arnie_ni

Wouldn't even. I'd embarrass these players and let them play the full 90

marktan

We would've lost regardless but going out without midfield against City was suicide and to keep that going after 30 minutes is just sheer lunacy.
Fred, Mctominay, Casemiro with Eriksen AM would've helped us a lot to limit the space for City. Keep Martial and one of Rashford/Antony up front to hit with pace. We did that with Ole loads and it worked.

Aretak

Casemiro is the only person on the bench who might have made a difference. McTominay and Eriksen have been pathetic. Ronaldo is worse than useless in a game like this, though to be fair Rashford has been no better.

Idxomer

Fred, Mctominay, Casemiro with Eriksen AM would've helped us a lot to limit the space for City. Keep Martial and one of Rashford/Antony up front to hit with pace. We did that with Ole loads and it worked.
Agreed, having 3 forward who will barely see any of the ball is foolish.

Elcabron

Should have made at least three changes at 15th minute, it was obvious they were going to paste us at that stage so why the feck did he not make changes? The game could still have been rescued at 1-0 but not now. Infuriating.

The1974s

That is the first time in my life I left a match before the end NM before HT.
Before the game started we were chatting about why Casemiro hasn't started today, yeah it's a winning team but you have to change when needed and today McT and Eriksen were never coping with City's midfield 3.
Madness from ETH

Ludens the Red

So he’s used two substitute windows and only made two subs. How has he not seen fit to change the midfield. Feck me.

rajds89

And wtf is a "substitute window" anyway?
You can make up to 5 subs now of course but only in 3 windows.. but I’m sure half time isn’t one of them. So we still have one window left with one sub available after the latest double change.

skc_18

Mct was playing well in second half not sure why he got subbed. It should have been Bruno.
silly to try to win the game instead of trying not to concede more.

flappyjay

Mct was playing well in second half not sure why he got subbed. It should have been Bruno.
Instead we are looking at an even bigger embarrassment

Tyrion

You can make up to 5 subs now of course but only in 3 windows.. but I’m sure half time isn’t one of them. So we still have one window left with one sub available after the latest double change.
Ah ok. I thought the poster was saying that there was a specific time frame for subs and I was confused.

RedOrange

And wtf is a "substitute window" anyway?
https://www.premierleague.com/news/2669074

"Substitution opportunities will be allowed on three occasions during a match, with an additional opportunity at half-time."

My interpretation if this is that you can now make 5 substitutions, but you still only have 3 sub opportunities + halftime. So if you want to use all 5 subs during play, you have to do a couple of double subs at the same time, or one of them has to be a triple substitution, etc. Halftime doesn't count, so you can make 2 single subs in the first half, sub someone on at halftime and then still have an additional sub opportunity for the second half.

Tyrion

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2669074

"Substitution opportunities will be allowed on three occasions during a match, with an additional opportunity at half-time."

My interpretation if this is that you can now make 5 substitutions, but you still only have 3 sub opportunities + halftime. So if you want to use all 5 subs during play, you have to do a couple of double subs at the same time, or one of them has to be a triple substitution, etc. Halftime doesn't count, so you can make 2 single subs in the first half, sub someone on at halftime and then still have an additional sub opportunity for the second half.
Thanks. That makes sense. For a second, I thought they were saying that subs were only allowed at certain times or that the manager had to make subs at certain times.

Dominos

Should have made at least three changes at 15th minute, it was obvious they were going to paste us at that stage so why the feck did he not make changes? The game could still have been rescued at 1-0 but not now. Infuriating.
Triple sub on 15 minutes would have been a sight to behold :lol:

Not changing the midfield at half time was absolutely criminal. He should have been brave and put Casemiro on at 2-0 around 20 minutes but in fairness that sort of decision from a manager is incredibly rare to the point I can't even think of 1 example. For their faults, managers wait till half time at least.

Elcabron

Triple sub on 15 minutes would have been a sight to behold :lol:

Not changing the midfield at half time was absolutely criminal. He should have been brave and put Casemiro on at 2-0 around 20 minutes but in fairness that sort of decision from a manager is incredibly rare to the point I can't even think of 1 example. For their faults, managers wait till half time at least.
Yeah but we were four nil down at half time and it was over as soon as the second goal went it. It couldn't have been any clearer that we were going to get hammered from about three minutes in so why keep doing the same thing. We were lucky it wasn't 7-0 at half time, but hey at least we didn't panic and make multiple subs.

The game has moved on e.g. you are now allowed 5 subs. Managers need to move with it.

Luka Mora

There was an article done by former ajax manager De Mos before we hired Ten Hag that one of his biggest weaknesses is not reading the game well and reacting to changes needed fast enough during games

De Mos said: “I think that Ten Hag does not read the match well, as always.

“It takes far too long before Erik ten Hag strikes with his substitutions. He already did that too late in Lisbon. Brian Brobbey should be brought in much earlier. He didn’t have to substitute [Sebastian] Haller, but if you could have just added him as an extra striker, they would have been in trouble.

“You also have to show some guts in these kinds of games and not hide in your dugout. You have to have some fire show up, get to that line and stir things up a little bit when things get messy in the field. And that was it. You helped Benfica into the saddle by playing the game they like. It’s all too noncommittal at Ajax.

https://sportsfila.com/erik-ten-hag-biggest-weakness-exposed/

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
There was an article done by former ajax manager De Mos before we hired Ten Hag that one of his biggest weaknesses is not reading the game well and reacting to changes needed fast enough during games

De Mos said: “I think that Ten Hag does not read the match well, as always.

“It takes far too long before Erik ten Hag strikes with his substitutions. He already did that too late in Lisbon. Brian Brobbey should be brought in much earlier. He didn’t have to substitute [Sebastian] Haller, but if you could have just added him as an extra striker, they would have been in trouble.

“You also have to show some guts in these kinds of games and not hide in your dugout. You have to have some fire show up, get to that line and stir things up a little bit when things get messy in the field. And that was it. You helped Benfica into the saddle by playing the game they like. It’s all too noncommittal at Ajax.

https://sportsfila.com/erik-ten-hag-biggest-weakness-exposed/
That's concerning.

RedOrange

Just wanted to save this pathetic post for posterity, in case you try to edit it later.

Luka Mora

That's concerning.
Yeah it is, which is why I wasn't overly hyped on his appointment as I watched a good few Ajax games last season and they were carved open exactly how we've been carved open against lesser teams like brighton and brentord and ajax were playing the likes of sparta rotterdam, utrecht and psv, where ajax showed defensive vulnerabilities and eth was late to make changes in those games.

Though I look to how he got his teams to destroy the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juve when they reached the CL semi final, and gives me hope that he has the pedigree to build a great team here.

But if we keep getting smashed again and again then I think questions will begin to get asked as the media can't wait to pounce on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.