g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The Make A Fecking Sub Ole Thread

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It isn’t just subs though, he’s passive for the entire game. Other things you’d expect a manager to do tactically or motivationally or in any other way to manage or influence matters during game - he does NONE of them.

Beyond the pre-match and half-time team talks his impact on the game almost doesn’t exist. We regularly see opposition managers barking instructions against us and making tactical adjustments in real time in order to exploit opportunities based on what’s happening in the game.

We get none of that from Ole.

The biggest tactical switch we get is asking Rashford to go from the left side to the right side and back to the left side. That’s it. Other than making questionable subs when the game is in is dying moments that’s the limit of his influence.

I don’t know if it’s because he lacks confidence in his own abilities or if he just lacks the ability, it’s becoming a massive flaw in his management
And we’re back to he’s useless because he doesn’t scream and shout on the touch line, was wondering when I’d see this fault pop back up, even though we clearly dominated 95% of that game yesterday Ole should be up shouting and barking grrrrr.

Also that I just read he only subbed tuanzebe on because it was the Munich anniversary :lol: time to leave this thread I think.

Polar

Sensitive to instructions on the touch line? You mean they would be sensitive to being told to be more urgent in their play? Doesn't seem to bother city and Liverpool players when their managers are on the touchline urging their players on.
Its not about hair dryers here, a show of passion and urgency from the manager helps, Bruno's influence on the team hasn't just been because of his ability with the ball, its also his attitude, his demeanor rubs off. There's a reason players want fans back, sometimes they do need to be urged on, fans make their voices heard when the standards drop, players require feedback when they are slacking, which am is the the manger's job, more so now without fans in the stadiums.

Ole's attitude for me isn't right, when a manager laughs off the suggestion that Man united should be tittle contenders after dropping points the way we did sends the wrong message.
Yes.. Agree it doesn’t seem to bother players at Liverpool and City, and doesn’t necessarily have great effect. I don’t think their result is explained by in game management. At least I haven’t been able to identify their brilliant in-game management or that it’s significant better than other teams.

As you said, it’s very important to have leaders on the pitch: giving instructions, encouraging + +

Last edited:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Should've gone for Matic, we were nailed to fight some long balls in the last minutes of the game. Shame Pogba had to go early.

Tuanzebe did what he always does. Horrible decisions from Ole.

Mickson

And we’re back to he’s useless because he doesn’t scream and shout on the touch line, was wondering when I’d see this fault pop back up, even though we clearly dominated 95% of that game yesterday Ole should be up shouting and barking grrrrr.

Also that I just read he only subbed tuanzebe on because it was the Munich anniversary :lol: time to leave this thread I think.
Good to see you still fighting for Ole. I wonder when you will realize? 30 goals in 23 games despite buying a CB for £80m, an RB for £50m, and an LB for £15m. Dropping points again. One win in the last four games and that was against a team that loses every game and got a red card after one minute.

Monkey bus

Ole and his subs have got us to be the 2nd best team in the country this season.

Some very very unrealistic expectations on here I think. How can anybody say bringing on an extra defender for an attacker against a very physical Everton side in stoppage time represents poor in game management.

Can you imagine the posts on here if he’d have not done that, and Everton had have cut through our shaky defence and equalised? Pretty sure it would have been fingers pointed at Ole questioning why he didn’t bolster our shaky defence.

The guy questioning if Ole brought Axel on as some sort of tribute to the Munich remembrance needs to lay of the narcotics too.

Judas

Open to offers
It was poor decision making to bring on Axel instead of Matic. Matic would have been perfect. Tidy passing, strong in the air, he was the clear choice.

Polar

Matic would have been perfect. Tidy passing, strong in the air, he was the clear choice.
Obviously he wasn’t the clear choice. I would
never played Matic considering how the game evolved at the end.

Judas

Open to offers
Obviously he wasn’t the clear choice. I would
never played Matic considering how the game evolved at the end.
He'd have helped us keep the ball a million times better. We did a lot right when closing out that game, but a few just killer decisions, from the usual suspects.

Delano

In the main, Ole has done well this season.

But, his decision to bring on defenders to protect leads is one of his most frustrating traits. Put simply, It's a small time mentality that invites needless pressure. Coach the team to retain the ball and kill the game, instead of throwing the initiative to the opposition.

In fact, he did this EXACT sub against Sheffield United 2 years ago. We were 3-2 up, he brings on Axel, we drop deeper, we lose initiative and we concede from a set piece.

It's a cowardly tactic and it's incredibly frustrating that he hasn't realised the harm it causes. He has to be proactive and bring on a sub that can keep the ball.

Matt851

He'd have helped us keep the ball a million times better. We did a lot right when closing out that game, but a few just killer decisions, from the usual suspects.
He was clearly the best choice. To be honest i think we did better than we have in a while in terms of closing out the game barring the last 30 seconds. Compared with the fulham game for example we were much calmer

Josh 76

I just have never understood the concept of putting a defender on in the last minute of a game, When you are comfortably in control of the game.

It's not like Everton were putting high balls into the box and we were under pressure.

Firstly it takes a few minutes for the player to get to the speed of the game, secondly it messes up the formation the team were playing and finally it just invites more pressure.

The whole thing was a big cock up from Ole. Just tries to be too clever thinking it would waste a bit of time, but that was the extra time added that we conceded the goal.

fecking joke!

Judas

Open to offers
Bringing the sub on was always going to cause more time to be added, and it wasn't like we were getting battered and needed to stop their momentum, we were doing fine really.

SirMarcusRashford

People go on about Ole not making subs, but i look at that as a positive, say what you want about United's inconsistency, one thing you cannot deny is how good we press and when a team presses like we do and our players are not knackered after 70mins, our players must be fit, so Ole must be training them right.

You only have to look at Luke Shaw this season, people have always gone on about his weight, but this season he looks the fittest player in the Premier League, up and down the pitch and look at his performances. See Cavani/Scott McT also, these players are everywhere and for 90mins. Why should Ole make a sub, when these players look as fit in the 80th minute as they did in the 10th?

People want a sub, but is there ever really a clear substitution when chasing a goal or defending a lead? I never can see one, unless we have Cavani on the bench (when trying to get a goal).

Idxomer

How many times do the coaching staff need to confer before making a sub?

You aren't deciding on war, Ole.

PoTMS

Honestly, the tactical side of his game is so bad it's clear to see he won't win shit with us. His in game management is appalling.

paulscholes18

Been over 20 minutes into the 2nd half and created next to nothing yet still hasn’t made a change

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I have to agree with the consensus here. Ole is far too passive and late with his substitutions. This game is crying out for a change as we've been non existant 2nd half as an attacking threat so I'm really surprised he hasn't made a sub!

Galinha

Make a fecking change!!! Come on Ole. Dont be stupid again

MyDevil

Seriously, West Ham has been imposing themselves in second half and still Ole is not making any changes.

He is waiting for a goal from West Ham.

1 shot on target after 70 mins and Cavani and Fernandes are still sitting on the bench twiddling their thumbs.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
What's wrong with him?

First he picks the wrong team and then he refuses to change said team that's plainly not working.

He's so amateur.

lsd

The Oracle
I think the problem is we have too many coaches by the time Ole has had a 1 on 1 with the three of them about what to do 20 mins has passed

PoTMS

Today has convinced me once and for all that Bruno is the only reason he is still our manager. Imagine what a real coaching team could do with our squad.

thesheriffjw

VDB square peg, round hole
Fred? Enough said
Martial? Is he even playing?
Rashford? Not a big enough game for him

2 holding midfielders against a team thats come to defend. Awful

if utd lose, its what they deserve

Idxomer

I think the problem is we have too many coaches by the time Ole has had a 1 on 1 with the three of them about what to do 20 mins has passed
Funny, because he was talking with Carrick and now has gone to McKenna.

Hoof the ball

Just a day trip for Diallo today. When the feck were we ever going to be comfortable enough to bring him on? It'd have to be 7-0 before Ole feels it's time

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why’s he afraid to take off Rashford?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Today has convinced me once and for all that Bruno is the only reason he is still our manager. Imagine what a real coaching team could do with our squad.

Didn't you know you've got to be an ex-player to be coach at united, it doesn't matter if you have no prior coaching experience or if you've never previously worked alongside other managers.

Who needs years of experience and learning just come and learn on the job.

lsd

The Oracle
Funny, because he was talking with Carrick and now has gone to McKenna.

He stopped off at Phelen too by the time he gets three different views something has happened and he has to start again

PoTMS

So we end up playing extra time and having to play all our first team players because he couldn't get his finger out earlier. This is the problem you have when you have no actual qualified coaches. See Chelsea and Arsenal. Everything always reverts to the mean.