The Make A Fecking Sub Ole Thread

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
For any time you want to scream into the void, please know that you are welcome here.

TwoSheds

It worked. You're all welcome.

Nero

Pretty much every set of fans in the world think their manager takes too long to make substitutions. Just read any other forum and they all complain about it.

Mindhunter

Yup. I make substitutions in the first half in FM all the time. I keep tinkering with the tactics too after every penetrating attack from the opposition. Ole should try it sometime, makes you feel like your are in total control.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Subs came on at the perfect time tonight. Basically when they started over committing and were open to the counter.

Usually criticise Ole for his subs, so fair play to him tonight.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You can't really comment on the subs when they score 2 goals. Come on 5 minutes earlier and they might score 0. They might score 19, we don't know. All we know is that the outcome tonight was perfect.

So tonight, the subs were perfect.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Strange thread given the context of the game, ok is was only 0-1 but we would have easily seen it out without bringing on the 3 he did. Still good for Rashford and Greenwood to get their first of the season though I guess

downunder red

It worked out perfect tonight but other games can be so frustrating. He has to show more confidence in some of his subs so they can grow some confidence. Ole has to learn a way to get the most out of his second string players. I wish him luck.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Strange thread given the context of the game, ok is was only 0-1 but we would have easily seen it out without bringing on the 3 he did. Still good for Rashford and Greenwood to get their first of the season though I guess
Hilariously... I've read 3 or 4 comments on this very forum saying we needed the subs to win the game! :wenger:

Somebody's had a word with him because hes made subs at a normal time in both games so far. Last year he didnt know you could make a sub before the 85th minute.

TwoSheds

How fecking late were those subs? Ole is a lucky man. I'd rather be lucky than good but fecking hell!

Kag

I thought the game was crying out for van de Beek to come on and keep hold of the ball in the second half.

Funny game, that. I think Ole can be quite rightly criticised for elements of that; moreso than the games in which we’ve dropped points recently. The fannies won’t, though. They tend to focus only on results.

Walters_19_MuFc

I thought the game was crying out for van de Beek to come on and keep hold of the ball in the second half.

Funny game, that. I think Ole can be quite rightly criticised for elements of that; moreso than the games in which we’ve dropped points recently. The fannies won’t, though. They tend to focus only on results.
I'd have liked to see Cavani on earlier, but I can understand why Ole wanted to keep on a rusty Martial, who is desperate for minutes.

Who would you have bought VdB on for?

meamth

VDB tend to play dummy runs and one touch pass, pretty the opposite if you want to keep the ball.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I agree. Those subs should have been made 10 minutes earlier and it almost cost us. We were knackered and needed some fresh legs. Maybe the Shaw injury made Ole hesitate.

El-Manos

I'd have liked to see Cavani on earlier, but I can understand why Ole wanted to keep on a rusty Martial, who is desperate for minutes.

Mctom or Fernandes, who was battling left, right and centre on a yellow Card.

Kag

VDB tend to play dummy runs and one touch pass, pretty the opposite if you want to keep the ball.
But he keeps the ball with the right colour shirt. Every time the ball was going into Bruno, Rashford and Martial it was coming back. McTominay lost his head for twenty minutes, too.

I think van de Beek would have at least kept possession.

Kag

I’d have hooked Martial earlier and moved Bruno out to the left. That’s just my (probably wrong) opinion, mind you.

Paul_Scholes18

I have no idea how Mata stayed on as long as he did. That should have happened at least 15 minutes earlier than it did. Personally thought it was dangerous leaving Bruno on when he was walking a tightrope with a red card as well.
Yeah agree those two subs made total sense. Bruno got really lucky to not get sent off.
If that happens and they score he would be destroyed on here.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I agree. Those subs should have been made 10 minutes earlier and it almost cost us. We were knackered and needed some fresh legs. Maybe the Shaw injury made Ole hesitate.
How did it almost cost us? We never looked in much danger.

RashyForPM

Yeah. In fact, it didn’t cost us at all. They never created a chance after they scored, hence their one shot on target. I’m Ole out but the man deserves full credit for great tactics and game management, along with a fantastic, passionate post-match presser.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
When we broke for Cavani’s goal? I thought we were about to concede?
So after the subs were made? And I mean they were a long way from scoring there.

Doucoure had two moments but I don't think either were amazing chances... And again both came after the subs had been made.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Before the subs we were having trouble getting the ball out of our half. We were misplacing passes and losing the ball in dangerous areas. Yes, there were not any great opportunities but the pressure was building.

I guess by your logic since they did not have any shots on goal we didn't even need to bring on Pogba and Cavani. Sure.

el3mel

I liked the fact that he didn't repeat the mistake he does a lot though, and brought on defensive subs to defend the lead, like say Southampton game from last season. He bought on offensive players to keep us fresh up top and stretch the game more. Pretty well done.

reelworld

Matic for McTominay would make sense since it's obvious we need more quality on the ball to keep possession. Also VDB for Bruno. He was very lucky not to get a red.

thepolice123

I thought he was very lucky with Bruno. I know he wants the hat-trick but Everton were trying their hardest to get him sent off.

Tyrion

Tbf, I don't think OGS rates most of the squad past the first XI. He ran the starting squad into the ground at the end of last season. But now we have VDB, I don't see why he shouldn't come on fairly early.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
We have had frequent consistency issues from the day SAF retired from first team football management.

Moyes was out of his depth and we still had illusions of a bygone era of being frequent league winners. We had issues with his management everywhere.

LvG was nuts and we had developed consistency issues with him. He got sacked for his mismatch of ideas.

Mourinho was really good for up to 2 seasons, then the lack of us willing to change cost him brains and his job. Turned out nobody wanted to play for him and his arsehole ego when things didn't work out perfectly for his games for us.

Ogs needs to be backed because he is still in control of the dressing room and has charge of the players.

He's proving to be quite a immovable object getting on with his job and the Everton win shows us that he can do something about it and then it's a new step into progression with the team.

Most importantly we can't have any more upheaval in the management department, i thought it was quite rude of Poch to publicise the things he would do as the Man Utd manager