The Make A Fecking Sub Ole Thread

Jaxa

I’ll be extremely worried if the same team comes back out again for 2nd half

maybe try that blonde lad on the bench who cost 40m Ole

Shark

@NotShark
Is this dross seriously acceptable? Not sure how many first halves we've seen like that last season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We would be 4-0 behind against a good side.

Nothing works today....NOTHING.

You must make a change before half-time.
I don’t agree at all. A tactical sub in the first half is like rocking horse shit. Barely any manager do it. It’s reactive. You give the 11 you picked time to get into the game and adjust to the challenge.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We would be 4-0 behind against a good side.

Nothing works today....NOTHING.

You must make a change before half-time.
The fact that Ole rarely makes a drastic change when it's going horrible like this, is the evidence he doesnt smell fire. Our football has been very poot for over 6 months, but I doubt there are any worries.

2nd and EL final!

Utd77

Ole is indecisive, which for any manager in any profession let alone football is a weakness.

Truth be told, Utd should have gone for Tuchel when he was available.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Now making subs in the first 45 min is a bad thing. Some will go to each and every length to defend him.

It is stupid because Ole sets the team up wrong so often, so we should be destined to try and win matches in 2nd half whilst others team go at us for 90 min.

If you look at it like that, 2nd and EL final was amazing. Imagine if we played with a good setup for 90 minutes.

DownRiver

Let us be honest, we won't win anything significant this season.

There is zero philosophy, tactical plan adaptation, and I have not seen more than 5 passes in a row.

You may say we lack a midfielder, or criticise the forward play from RB. However, this is his team now. He has arguably the best squad and there is zero chemistry on the pitch.

If the players are not playing well, you can't blame them all for being bad. Ole has not got the quality from them, that is his job as a manager.

I have had enough of Ole being in a constant 'work experience' mindset. Why do man utd have to suffer final losses so he can learn from his mistakes?

Tuchel has taken over Lampard, and look at what he has done. We need to take a page out from their book.

CM10

I'd be astounded if he's watched that first half and doesn't make a change at half time

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
It's not about changes or subs ffs. Why are we still waiting the names, subs, individuals etc. do the job and bail us out every single time in Ole's 4th season? It's quite apparent where the problem lies.

Stop blaming Fred too. He's not a DM.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very poor team selection and subs today. Can't believe we didn't bring on a CM at any point, should have been done after 15 mins.

MrSingh2002

Definitely not enough rollickings from Ole.

Sometimes we play shockingly first half and then still do the same second half.

Needs to be dishing out feedback when it's crap.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Maybe the reason he doesn't make them is because when he does they are almost invariably stupid changes.

He makes the sort of subs Southgate would make, which isn't a good thing. At all

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Why didnt we bring in some pace in order to be able to counter, it is just weird. But we dont have badges.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I think he thought process is "if I bring on another defender they will be less likely to score"

I don't think he understands what a midfield is.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Should have taken Ronaldo off at halftime.

hungrywing

lilcurt

I would’ve rather he didn’t make any today haha.

His in game management is amateur hour at times.
Mental tonight isn't it. Going 5 at the back was strange. The other subs have been even more so.

Really feel for Donny, the guy doesn't catch a break and his confidence must be on the floor. I'm hoping he get a chance at the weekend to start again.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think he thought process is "if I bring on another defender they will be less likely to score"

I don't think he understands what a midfield is.
Yes whilst leaving Ronaldo on whom doesn’t offer anything defensively at all. It’s a difficult decision but the truth is Ronaldo doesn’t defend and it’s there in black and white. He scored, he did his job and now if we were to close shop we should have did it properly.

Oles in game management is left a lot to be desired.

Oldtraffordboy

Making central midfield solid and the attack pacey was the first thing we should have done at half time

This was textbook how not to manage the game with 10 men.

SeanyC

Proof is there to see…tactically clueless but I’m not Ole Out just yet

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Worked out really well that.

We'd literally have been better off not having a manager for the game

arnie_ni

To the buy a midfielder thread. Horrible squad management that lingard even has to play CM