The Masters 2011

forevrared

Great tournament. Easily the best I've ever watched.

Not a big fan of fluke wins, but maybe Schwartzel will build on this. Didn't know all week he was just 26 - looks a decade older than that.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Terrific tournament with an epic final round. Feel bad for Rory having given so much for 3.5 rounds, shame it had to end that way. Great conclusion, at one point 5 players were joint-leaders and another 5 were within 2 shots of the lead.

ha_rooney

On another note, even though he didn't win Tiger looked close to his best, his putting let him down in rounds 3 & 4 but he showed some of that old magic.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Wonder if going into the final round leading by so much was actually the worst thing for Rory.

ha_rooney

What's happening between Cabrera & McIlroy?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You know what he means. Lets see where he is in about 2 years or should I say next year?
Won't make his performance here any less worthy.

Why be snobbish about it? He out scored the field so he's the worthy winner.

ha_rooney

Rory misses a birdie & it sums up his round.

championo

Top Stalker
Won't make his performance here any less worthy.

Why be snobbish about it? He out scored the field so he's the worthy winner.
Don't know if it is snobbish, but chipping on one, eagle at the third from the fairway were just some of the fluke involved in his round.
I just want to see if he really has game or this win was just a fluke and I think that is what the poster meant. Even a blind squirrel once in a while finds a nut.

ha_rooney

McIlroy will win a major soon enough, everything that could go wrong did go wrong but he played some terrific golf for 3 days and he should take heart from that.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Don't know if it is snobbish, but chipping on one, eagle at the third from the fairway were just some of the fluke involved in his round.
I just want to see if he really has game or this win was just a fluke and I think that is what the poster meant. Even a blind squirrel once in a while finds a nut.
It is snobbish, he's played fantastic golf and he deserves his win, to start calling his defining shots flukes seems bizarre to me and quite bitter really. I don't know why anyone would want to take away from his performance based purely on the fact that he's not a big name, that's text book snobbery.

championo

Top Stalker
Nike needs to create clubs like the R11's from taylormade. Tiger needs those drivers and woods, they had such high lofts and faster club head speed for his fast release style.
This will bring his game to his strongest suite which is short distance.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Well deserved win Schwartzel. Was good to see Tiger with abit of that old menace and determination, but horrifying to witness that Mcilroy Meltdown. Just hope he doesn't end up anything like Montgomerie.. he's still exceptionally young.

ha_rooney

Is anyone watching the green jacket presentation thing? It's cringe-worthy to say the least.
They should have given the interview/presentation in front of the fans. It's probably tradition to do it in that room but the fans have witnessed a terrific day of golf and you'd like to hear some atmosphere & cheering when a person wins a tournament.

forevrared

Nike needs to create clubs like the R11's from taylormade. Tiger needs those drivers and woods, they had such high lofts and faster club head speed for his fast release style.
This will bring his game to his strongest suite which is short distance.
R11 is all hype and white paint.