The media is finally calling Rooney out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good.

ThanksBoss26

To be fair to Luckhurst in the MEN, he's been doing it for some time. At least the last year if not more.

binary bot
You'd think half of those articles were taken from the 'caf. Very similar sentiments echoed on here earlier - especially the career age thing.

Terminator

Finally. It would be a good start to drop Rooney but our problems run deep and there is a lot of fixing to do.

Ban

If only tv pundits would do the same. His friends, Scholes and Neville brothers especially. Not with the 'he can play multiple positions' stuff.

LouisDanGaal

Its not surprising today was the trigger day. I think that game will be a huge turning point.

Ibi Dreams

I feel like this might end up being our story of the season. He plays shit, eventually gets dropped and then writers, pundits and commentators won't stop going on about him.

Devil81

He's not getting dropped, that's the biggest problem.

Hopefully Mkhi or Herrera get at chance behind Ibra, I'm sure they will have more success.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Emperor's new clothes, watch all the pundits and papers follow suit like the brain dead monkeys they are

Fitchett

About three years overdue - but yes welcome.

Just goes to show what sheep the media are though. It takes one to start a new story and the rest meekly follow.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If only tv pundits would do the same. His friends, Scholes and Neville brothers especially. Not with the 'he can play multiple positions' stuff.
Apparently, the Cof92 put a front on for the cameras. In private they say he is bleeding the club dry and his performances are a joke. Don't shoot the messenger.

LouisDanGaal

Hopefully. I do think he'll be left out against Leicester next week. And I bloody hope we then win and perform in his absence.
I am very confident he will be, I've been one of the most defensive posters on here for rooeny, mainly a benefit of the doubt, new manager new position kind of line, but there is no coming back from that performance, he won't start next weekend.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Apparently, the Cof92 put a front on for the cameras. In private they say he is bleeding the club dry and his performances are a joke. Don't shoot the messenger.
Source? And please don't say Red Issue.

Jazz

I suppose the media started quite tentatively with the criticism after his performance re Iceland. On England's behalf I'm sure they'll reach breaking point..

Jazz

Be nice if they spoke up in public as they would have the backing of the fans at this moment. What are they afraid of? Do they have business dealings with him?

Ban

Why they don't say it in front of the cameras?

Ban

I am very confident he will be, I've been one of the most defensive posters on here for rooeny, mainly a benefit of the doubt, new manager new position kind of line, but there is no coming back from that performance, he won't start next weekend.
Thing is. I think he will...

Devil81

Why on earth would they do that. :lol:

Ibi Dreams

It is a bit weird all of these stories coming at once. Almost makes you wonder if it's not a coincidence and they've been put up to it...

podurban2

I really find it a bit depressing when the journos are telling our manager how to do his job...
Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial would both benefit from a 4-3-3 system. Against Watfordthey looked lost on the wing and Rooney's tumescent display did nothing to spark them into life.

The same can be said for Pogba. As the world's most expensive player he should be at the forefront of the team, rather than being shunted deep into midfield where play often passes him by.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
It is a bit weird all of these stories coming at once. Almost makes you wonder if it's not a coincidence and they've been put up to it...
Or maybe he was absolutely diabolical? Also think the fact that Twitter has gone crazy today regarding Rooney is a factor. Give the audience what they want = more views = $$$

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
And? It'll have no effect.
He's a funny one because he keeps talking about controllers behind Pogba to help Pogba flourish. I'd love one of his colleagues to then ask "Where does Rooney play then?"

Either Scholes says we drop him or he says Rooney plays instead of Zlatan or on one of the wings. I'd love to see what he says.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really did take them long enough. Was always excuses and being used in the wrong position all the time, but this is basically the first time everyone has took notice and started being vocal about him just being done and needing dropping. Today was maybe the worst I've ever seen from Rooney, and he's had some real shockers lately, but it was atrocious, so they've rightly started going on it. Really hope he is dropped for the leicester game.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yes it was, particularly G. Neville describing his performance of doing feck all.
Didn't he or Carragher say a few weeks ago that "Rooney has to play" without giving a single reason why?

LouisDanGaal

Thing is. I think he will...
You guys are too close to the situation, you've been so anti-rooney for a while you can't see the situation from the outside. I'm outside the tent, today was a nail in the coffin, it was different to all the other games when people think he has been shite, including the hull one where he was actually good, today was the worst he has played for us I think.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You are not being a good sport here, they said that he can play multiple positions, not that he can perform well in any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.