The media is finally calling Rooney out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treble

It is a bit weird all of these stories coming at once. Almost makes you wonder if it's not a coincidence and they've been put up to it...
It isn't, IMO. The club bosses have probably encouraged it, he is finished and stealing millions from the club. It's impossible to compete with a No 10 like him.

clarkydaz

Didn't he or Carragher say a few weeks ago that "Rooney has to play" without giving a single reason why?
that was Phil Neville last week saying he has to play. Carragher said he is in trouble and doesn't fit in the side. The ridiculous irony of that

Trizy

Useless lump of shite. The last time I remember him being good was 2010 against AC Milan.

Was there ever any proof behind the contract and always playing?

We need an rvn

I'm all for the Rooney getting called out as he should he been done for a year or four, but he's not the only one at fault for our crap displays the last 3 games. One player doesn't make Shaw pull out of tackles ( understandable though after getting good roughed up a bit), pogs getting played wrongly yet again etc.

We shouldn't be treating legends, which he is, like we are. I don't recall any United fan calling Scholes a w*nker or keane an ***** whilst they still played for the club.

Just saying a bit of respect is needed, but he should be dropped.

Eddy_JukeZ

Useless lump of shite. The last time I remember him being good was 2010 against AC Milan.

Tbf he's had good performances after that.

But I don't know if there's proof. I doubt that's a stipulation.

ThanksBoss26

No, I think it's rubbish myself. Just poor selection from the managers.

I feel patience might have today ran out though. Genuinely think he'll be dropped next week.

Ibi Dreams

No, and I still doubt there's any such thing in his contract. It would be madness

Marcelinho87

I'm all for the Rooney getting called out as he should he been done for a year or four, but he's not the only one at fault for our crap displays the last 3 games. One player doesn't make Shaw pull out of tackles ( understandable though after getting good roughed up a bit), pogs getting played wrongly yet again etc.

We shouldn't be treating legends, which he is, like we are. I don't recall any United fan calling Scholes a w*nker or keane an ***** whilst they still played for the club.

I don't recall Scholes or Keane EVER playing this bad for a prolonged period of time if at all, also don't remember them angling for moves at any given opportunity.

Rooney is DONE and he needs to be fecked off asap.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
You guys are too close to the situation, you've been so anti-rooney for a while you can't see the situation from the outside. I'm outside the tent, today was a nail in the coffin, it was different to all the other games when people think he has been shite, including the hull one where he was actually good, today was the worst he has played for us I think.
Nah he's had plenty of performances as bad as today over the last few years, especially during the first half of 10/11 and 15/16.

clarkydaz

because they never played to this low level. Yes its sad he is getting slated, but he will be remembered a lot more fondly when he stops playing, and history will remember mostly the good stuff

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Seeing how little entertainment we get on the fecking football field these last few years, this particular soap opera is kind of fascinating. I refuse to believe that any player ever has had a contract which forces a manager to pick him but it really will be interesting to see how long Mou keeps picking someone who was as atrocious as Rooney was today.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Don't mean to single you out, but it has been explained more than enough why Rooney gets the deserved criticism that he does. How people fail to see that to this day cannot be reasoned with imo.

m1y2

lets try him at the rightback season... or as a CB I am sure he can do it, couple of season adjustments and we have a new beckenbauer

LouisDanGaal

Nah he's had plenty of performances as bad as today over the last few years, especially during the first half of 10/11 and 15/16.
Today felt different to me. You may be right as I remember wanting him out last season before Christmas, but today felt more definitive, like I think that's him cooked as captain and first name on sheet.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Seeing how little entertainment we get on the fecking football field these last few years, this particular soap opera is kind of fascinating. I refuse to believe that any player ever has had a contract which forces a manager to pick him but it really will be interesting to see how long Mou keeps picking someone who was as atrocious as Rooney was today.
I can see this turning nasty

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I can see this turning nasty
It will. But the club and Jose will just have to suck it up. We can't base decisions on how best to move forward because one player will get upset and start a pr war with us - at this moment, he would lose as public opinion is mostly for him to be dropped.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Don't mean to single you out, but it has been explained more than enough why Rooney gets the deserved criticism that he does. How people fail to see that to this day cannot be reasoned with imo.
I am fine with Rooney criticism I just can not stand the conspiracy theories, the rewriting of history or the fact that some here still think dropping Rooney would still solve all of our problems even though we have been just as shite without him the last two seasons.

ThanksBoss26

I remember Keane calling him out last year. Carragher has been hinting at it for awhile. That's all I can remember.

fecking Moyes and Woodward :rolleyes:
Woe betide Rooney if Keane was still in the dressing room with him playing like this. Or many of the 93/94 squad.

Part of the problem in my opinion. I imagine nobody will go up to him and tell him to pull his bloody finger out. That goes for others too who aren't delivering the goods. Maybe Zlatan will once he's got his feet under the table a bit more.

Pogue Mahone

Today felt different to me. You may be right as I remember wanting him out last season before Christmas, but today felt more definitive, like I think that's him cooked as captain and first name on sheet.
Yeah, same here. Not sure why today felt so definitive but it doesn't surprise me that it seems to have been the performance that finally got the media unanimously on his case.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That game against Swansea in late December 2012, it was bad.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Maybe it feels like this because he's run out of excuses - there always seemed to be other mitigating factors which could be used to explain his shiteness in the past, but he's been totally exposed by the Euros performances and his start to this season.

m1y2

It isn't, IMO. The club bosses have probably encouraged it, he is finished and stealing millions from the club. It's impossible to compete with a No 10 like him.
thats quite possible, hopefully Mourinho has also some say in this and wants to slowly bench him and sell himbut perhaps it could put even abit more pressure on him.. Sadly I am sure it will take at least half season to get rid of him from the starting 11 and then it's just easy from him for him to request his third transfer as he's ofcourse starter.. think some clubs in the US might be interested he would bring great marketing value and USis one of the countries he wouldnt mind going, unlike China..

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
You'd think half of those articles were taken from the 'caf. Very similar sentiments echoed on here earlier - especially the career age thing.
I used to think that this was a ridiculous thought but I'm starting to think that most of these so-called bullshit journalists just crawl and lurk on fan forums to come up with their own "views".

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
A few years too late. He's regressed to the point he accepts he isn't a striker, instead of fighting for it and trying to improve. He doesn't give a shit and his sloppy as hell. He does the bare minimum these days

clarkydaz

Agree, its the way the media have finally called him out, even as current England captain.

Untied

It's like the Louis CK skit:

Of course Rooney doesn't have a contract that ensures he plays. Of course he doesn't. That would be ridiculous. No club would ever give a player a contract like that. Of course no club would be that stupid…

But maybe… Maybe the best explanation for three consecutive managers putting him at the heart of their sides when the on pitch evidence screams the opposite is that he does. Maybe we just are that stupid.

LouisDanGaal

Maybe it feels like this because he's run out of excuses - there always seemed to be other mitigating factors which could be used to explain his shiteness in the past, but he's been totally exposed by the Euros performances and his start to this season.
You could feasibly make an excuse for him though, maybe he was played further back than he usually is today, which he was, or pogba was poor, which he was, or the players out wide weren't offering options, which they weren't, but today no excuse can save that because it was so bad and in his previous performances this season he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt any more. I think he leaves the team now, last time that happened he came back scoring for fun, lets hope something similar happens again but I think that's it.

Hed Zitin

He wasn't subbed today. He's had enough games where his first touch and passing were Sunday league stuff, yet he played the next week.

Ivanovic last season was abysmal and Jose kept playing him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It will. But the club and Jose will just have to suck it up. We can't base decisions on how best to move forward because one player will get upset and start a pr war with us - at this moment, he would lose as public opinion is mostly for him to be dropped.
I think a lot of England fans wouldn't mind seeing the back of him as well.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I am fine with Rooney criticism I just can not stand the conspiracy theories, the rewriting of history or the fact that some here still think dropping Rooney would still solve all of our problems even though we have been just as shite without him the last two seasons.
I won't speak on behalf of the anomalies in this forum. Most posters would agree that our problems lie deeper than just Rooney.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I have been thinking that with Rooney for two years now and he never gets dropped, so I'm not sure he's getting dropped next week tbh. What would you say if he manages to stay in the team despite playing like he's drunk?

LouisDanGaal

He wasn't subbed today. He's had enough games where his first touch and passing were Sunday league stuff, yet he played the next week.

He wasn't subed because he was an attacking player, we hooked one injured player and two defenders, you wouldn't remove a number ten when going for the win first, you go for the defenders to get more bodies up there.

Pogue Mahone

I wouldn't read anything into that. We were chasing the game so all our unforced subs involved taking off defenders and replacing them with attacking players.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
It's like the Louis CK skit:

Of course Rooney doesn't have a contract that ensures he plays. Of course he doesn't. That would be ridiculous. No club would ever give a player a contract like that. Of course no club would be that stupid…

But maybe… Maybe the best explanation for three consecutive managers putting him at the heart of their sides when the on pitch evidence screams the opposite is that he does. Maybe we just are that stupid.
That is the rewriting of history am talking about. Rooney was our best outfield player during the Moyes season, he played well in Van Gaal's first season when not played in midfield. He was only really poor last season.

Oneunited26

It never helps a quarter of our starting 11 has very little pace, with certain players past their sell by date. Who is pogba's central partners? fellaini one side, rooney the other, with zlaten spear heading our attack who also has very little movement, giving us very little teqhnical ability, movement and brains in the team. The club and the management staff seem to love these very slow players, there still is a problem at RB, we have problems who to partner in CM, and our frontline is crazy how we have better players on the bench, yet we playing weaker players in the starting 11, herrera, mkh, come to mind they should be playing ahead of rooney and fellaini, who are nothing but creative and teqhnical on the ball. I would love to see morgan, herrera, mkh come in for guys like rooney and fellaini, and give us better quality holding onto the ball, and creating with more fluency

Status
Not open for further replies.