The media is finally calling Rooney out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

You just know he will miss the Northampton game, come back for Leicester and either score or set one up despite being want again but then the headlines will be 'Rooney silences his critics' or some shite.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I don't recall Scholes or Keane EVER playing this bad for a prolonged period of time if at all, also don't remember them angling for moves at any given opportunity.

Rooney is DONE and he needs to be fecked off asap.
Keane came very close to leaving the club in 1999/2000 over his contract extension. Had the club not caved in and obliterated it's wage structure he'd have been playing for Bayern or Juventus.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I have been thinking that with Rooney for two years now and he never gets dropped, so I'm not sure he's getting dropped next week tbh. What would you say if he manages to stay in the team despite playing like he's drunk?
I'd say we're shit out of alternatives. Which will likely be the case if Martial and Mikhi are still injured. Especially after Depay's atrocious audition against Feyenoord.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Seeing how little entertainment we get on the fecking football field these last few years, this particular soap opera is kind of fascinating. I refuse to believe that any player ever has had a contract which forces a manager to pick him but it really will be interesting to see how long Mou keeps picking someone who was as atrocious as Rooney was today.
The whole notion of him having a clause to play is ridiculous but the only reason I would entertain the thought is because we are talking about Moyes and Woodward in their first summer negotiating with Stretford and probably absolutely terrified of the thought of losing a player of his (2013) profile.

Add on top of that Van Gaal's treatment of him compared to others and now Mourinho's treatment: "He is not a midfielder" - only spot left for him is midfield so he plays him there. Ineffective? Push him wide instead of taking him off.

Something just doesn't add up.

the hea

It's good that the media is finally realizing what most United fans have been seeing for well over a year now but we need to remember that dropping Rooney won't be an instant fix to all our problems. It will only be one of many steps that will be needed to get this team back to the top.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Keane came very close to leaving the club in 1999/2000 over his contract extension. Had the club not caved in and obliterated it's wage structure he'd have been playing for Bayern or Juventus.
Worked out well that though. It was something Fergie hated. Felt the wage structure hindered bringing the best in

Hed Zitin

He wasn't subed because he was an attacking player, we hooked one injured player and two defenders, you wouldn't remove a number ten when going for the win first, you go for the defenders to get more bodies up there.
Jose took off Rashford for Zlatan on Thursday. We needed to score then. Mata could of easily replaced Rooney in the same like for like fashion.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It's good that themedia is finally realizing what most United fans have been seeing for well over a year now but we need to remember that dropping Rooney won't be an instant fix to all our problems. It will only be one of many steps that will be needed to get this team back to the top.
I think we know that. But, he's a part of the problem that needs removing so we ca start having some coherence in team.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
Well what goes around comes around. We should be looking at the best in the world and Wayne our ambition is exactly that . Remember when you saidthat? Good now go play with Bastian there's a good lad.

sugar_kane

The whole notion of him having a clause to play is ridiculous but the only reason I would entertain the thought is because we are talking about Moyes and Woodward in their first summer negotiating with Stretford and probably absolutely terrified of the thought of losing a player of his (2013) profile.

Add on top of that Van Gaal's treatment of him compared to others and now Mourinho's treatment: "He is not a midfielder" - only spot left for him is midfield so he plays him there. Ineffective? Push him wide instead of taking him off.

I agree, however:

Regarding the 'must play' clause - it's bollocks

He was dropped last year vs. Stoke away http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35139937

I may have posted this a few times but I need to regularly re-assure myself he can be dropped....
His constant playing I think is a combo of each manager clinging to the idea he can still be great, and also the intense pressure inside and outside the club for him to be a part of the starting line up.

LouisDanGaal

Jose took off Rashford for Zlatan on Thursday. We needed to score then. Mata could of easily replaced Rooney in the same like for like fashion.
Which would be fair enough but Martial went off injured so you wouldn't hook another potential match winner.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

My theory, they are all muppets. They all watched Rooney in his prime, they probably dreamed about him. He was the perfect player for a manager, extremely hard working but also very productive and now they all want to experience that, they want to enjoy young Rooney.

clarkydaz

His constant playing I think is a combo of each manager clinging to the idea he can still be great, and also the intense pressure inside and outside the club for him to be a part of the starting line up.
in the recent Paul Parker article where he said Rooney was slow and overweight, he mentioned commercial reasons in it

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Once he's lost the media it'll be a lot easier for Mourinho to drop him

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
My theory, they are all muppets. They all watched Rooney in his prime, they probably dreamed about him. He was the perfect player for a manager, extremely hard working but also very productive and now they all want to experience that, they want to enjoy young Rooney.
Like seeing a boy band member who was gorgeous, then you see him on some reunion thing and he is balding with a beer belly?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Worked out well that though. It was something Fergie hated. Felt the wage structure hindered bringing the best in
Absolutely mate. It was that tight as feck wage structure that had stopped us from signing the likes of Edgar Davids, Salas and Batistuta at the time.

DomesticTadpole

in the recent Paul Parker article where he said Rooney was slow and overweight, he mentioned commercial reasons in it
Carry on like this and no sponsor will want to be connected with him. Pogba/Rashford/Martial/Zlatan are far more marketable than Wayne.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
It was the same with Gerrard. It took a long time for many in the media to recognise that he was completely finished.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Like seeing a boy band member who was gorgeous, then you see him on some reunion thing and he is balding with a beer belly?
Yup, but everytime you put the tapes in the boombox you see them young and beautiful.

David Court

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Rooney has never had the physique in my view of a professional footballer. When he was young and quick he could overcome that. But he is actually more of a middleweight/ light heavyweight kind of boxer physique.

Now he's pushing on, it's clear his legs and stamina have gone.

It must be frustrating for him he can't do what he once did. He can't get up and down the pitch and he can't go past a man. If he was taller, he might do central defence. But he isn't.

DomesticTadpole

Ryan Giggs never played as badly as Rooney has for this long. It's absolute nonsense if you're trying to claim that.
Giggs lost his pace but adapted his game. Wayne reminds most of us of the Gary Neville situation, but Gary realised what was happening and did the dignified thing. Wayne is in danger of becoming a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.