Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Lindsey Graham has changed his vote to yes re calling witnesses. He’s already tweeted that if Dems subpoena witnesses then he’ll do the same, so he clearly sees this as a scare/delay tactic, but one that’ll hopefully backfire spectacularly.

Sources have told me he’ll be issuing a subpoena to Obama to ask why he wasn’t in the Oval Office on 9/11.

Dudu

Just catching up. Great news re witnesses. They had to after that shitshow yesterday.

Am I right in saying this will extend trial by.. weeks?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Only the best people

That ad :lol: Notice they did not add "Impeachment Defense" to their expertise. Good call.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

These people are mentally ill.

Dudu

ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Their not calling witnesses?! He's just going to read out the statement.. that's it?! WHAT

Dudu

Dems cave. What a shock

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It wouldn't change the outcome in either case.
Maybe not, but this is yet another example of the Dems having no spine. It was more important to them to get home for their weeklong break than do their damn job. I wish I had as much time of as those feckers.

Drifter

American
Typical Democrats. They had them on the ropes. They are paid to lose and help their Republican friends.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Maybe not, but this is yet another example of the Dems having no spine. It was more important to them to get home for their weeklong break than do their damn job. I wish I had as much time of as those feckers.
I think the Dems want this over almost as much as the Rs do - and none more than Biden himself. Let the courts deal with Trump.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Typical Democrats. They had them on the ropes.
What ropes? No amount of witnesses will make enough Reps change their minds. That's become very clear this week, so as @Raoul said, the Dems are probably fine with ending this quickly now, so they're not in the way of criminal prosecution.

Spineless. Absolutely fuming about this and I’m not even American.

Saw a tweet that sums this move up best:

“Total asymmetric warfare: Republicans abuse power & make no apologies while Dems refuse to use power they have.” - Ari Berman

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What ropes? No amount of witnesses will make enough Reps change their minds. That's become very clear this week, so as @Raoul said, the Dems are probably fine with ending this quickly now, so they're not in the way of criminal prosecution.
:lol:

Are you kidding? There will be no consequences for the insurrection, or the big lie, let along a prosecution.

The capitulation by the Dems here will be seen for what it is. The lack of will to fight to put witness on the record that what happened on the 6th was wrong. We will NEVER have a peaceful change of power again if a Republican loses. Mark my word.

Drifter

American
It's not about the conviction. That was never going to happen. But I wanted to see them call the Republicans bluff about the witnesses. It would not have gone down well for them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That's not to say the courts will be successful, but the Dems have pretty much squeezed all the juice out of this to make their point, so there probably wouldn't be much more value in keeping it going.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
What have the Democrats done?
Capitulated and agreed to not have witnesses. They just read the congresswoman's statement (that was already public) into the record. On the plus side they should all be home in time to enjoy there monthly full week off.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Their not calling witnesses?! He's just going to read out the statement.. that's it?! WHAT
They're so soft. Republicans, if they were in the right, would've paraded dozens of witnesses.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
The infuriating thing is that this will be spun by the Dems as "we need to prioritize Biden's agenda". feck that. You feckers are taking all of next week of for a Vacation.

coolredwine

lameredboots
That's not to say the courts will be successful, but the Dems have pretty much squeezed all the juice out of this to make their point, so there probably wouldn't be much more value in keeping it going.
Calling witnesses would go a long way to drive the point home though, irrespective of the end result. There was enough left to squeeze Trump/Republicans and the Dems have absolutely lost that chance. Disgusting.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Also. Leahy needs to retire, he has been an embarrassment this week. He can barely speak in sentences.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It's not about the trial. It's about showing the world what a farce trump is.

This trial is moot anyway in terms of actual trial. It's just a pissing contest st this rate

Dudu

It wouldn't change the outcome in either case.
It was never really about winning though.. that was pretty much always a forgone conclusion. This is massive win for Trump and embolden the the maga crowd and his base more than ever before. They missed a chance to get real, live witness testimony (why even call for it, get the vote and backtrack like that?!) and display even more direct damning evidence to the public like they did on day 1. And especially after the way the trump lawyers just shat over everything yesterday, they had to do reply back in someway.. and they caved, completey.

And now off they go on vacation.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's a good thing for the Dems that WI does not record party affiliation. If they did I would be changing to Independent right now.

Edit: What I can do is stop donating which will mean more.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Why are you all getting upset about something that everybody knew would happen?
This is not about the acquittal as that was always going to happen, it's about backing down on witnesses and using the excuse "it will take time from passing Biden's agenda and will make bipartisanship harder" when the Repubs were never going to work with them and they are taking a week off for vacation (sorry, "State" work).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
There's no way you believe this.
The very fact that there is a Senate trial after Trump left office is unprecedented, so the fact that they have prosecuted their case before the public, including that 13 minute video and now the comment from the R congresswoman is more than enough to have made their point. They won't be getting a conviction, so there's no inherent value in prolonging the inevitable.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
This is not a fruit