The MLS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammydodger7

I just can't take a league where Bradley Wright-Phillips is one of the better players seriously.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
You do know that he's spent three seasons at Stoke (hardly getting a kick)?
Joining Stoke was a gaff and I stated such then (outside financial reasons, there's no reason for a player with actual attacking prowess and skill to go there). Stoke was never the right spot for him. He's better off in a more direct system that emphasizes attack, thus benefiting his style of play. Wigan would have been a better option for him, or about two dozen other clubs in the top two tiers.

Although it's probable he's simply not a Premiership player period. You know United scouted him circa 2009 and was interested in his future prospects (yeah, I'm aware they scouts hundreds of players). Do wonder would United have converted him to a LB (what some felt he would be, similar to Bale at 18/19), a CB, or a winger/forward type. Perhaps he'd developed further and would be locked down and playing regularly at a Premiership or Championship side.

Laphroaig

Joining Stoke was a gaff and I stated such then (outside financial reasons, there's no reason for a player with actual attacking prowess and skill to go there). Stoke was never the right spot for him. He's better off in a more direct system that emphasizes attack, thus benefiting his style of play. Wigan would have been a better option for him, or about two dozen other clubs in the top two tiers.

Although it's probable he's simply not a Premiership player period. You know United scouted him circa 2009 and was interested in his future prospects (yeah, I'm aware they scouts hundreds of players). Do wonder would United have converted him to a LB (what some felt he would be, similar to Bale at 18/19), a CB, or a winger/forward type. Perhaps he'd developed further and would be locked down and playing regularly at a Premiership or Championship side.
Ta for that. I just thought it sounded like the poster was unaware of his stint in England, I know nothing about the player himself so it wasn't a judgement.

CallyRed

NYCFC playing well against New England. Quite a good game. Pitch looks terrible though.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
David Villa should have had a hattrick. Yankee Stadium is a horrible football pitch.

Castia

I tried watching the nycfc game but the quality is truly league one standard. David Villa could have scored about 6 goals on another day. The camera angle was awful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.