The MMA thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
No :lol: It was amusing at first, got tiresome later, and was beginning to get infuriating to listen to the further it went on.
I still remember that fight between Khabib and Michael Johnson. Johnson caught Khabib with a punch, Khabib backed off for a second and then recomposed himself and took Johnson down for a mauling.

If you were listening to the fight on radio, when Khabib got hit with the punch, Rogan made it sound like he was on his way to A&E :lol:

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I'd be surprised if its permanent since Dana is a major backer of Rogans and will still be behind him if he wants to return. This week may have simply been a conversation between Ari Emmanuel and Dana to let him sit this one out until the drama fades. I would of course be delighted if I never see him on another UFC broadcast.
Yeah. I was thinking that if Rogan gets deplatformed, he would always have the UFC to go back to.

But at the end of the day, if ESPN wants Rogan gone, maybe they have enough pull to get it done.

Would be lovely.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
As unlikely as it is, I really, REALLY want Bobby Knuckles to beat Adesanya tonight. Like so badly. I can't stand Adesanya and his forced bullshit.

I will try and will this result into existence :lol:

George Owen

Whittaker is quality. Would be surprised if it wasn’t a very close fight tonight. Should be a brilliant fight.
Could be a very boring fight though, specially if Whittaker did his homework.

If you lead against Izzy, he pieces you up, but if you stand back and don't engage, your chances of beating him increases, but the fight could be a bore-fest. The Romero and Jan fights are example of this.

Now, those guys have one hit KO quitter, so Izzy was obviously aware to not close in on them. Rob doesn't have that KO power (nor the reach), so maybe Izzy will approach it differently and push the pace on Rob, forcing him to abandon the game-plan and rush in.

Don't think wrestling/grappling gonna be much of a factor. Bigger stronger fighters have tried to keep Izzy down unsuccessfully, so it would be a waste of energy for Rob to try that, and the same can be said for Izzy trying to wrestle Rob. Although if somehow Izzy gets tired, and Rob can get his back on those championship rounds, shit could get interesting.

Personally, expecting a Izzy decision, but hopefully, not a boring one.

I like both guys, but would be happier if Rob wins it.

JP77

Could be a very boring fight though, specially if Whittaker did his homework.

If you lead against Izzy, he pieces you up, but if you stand back and don't engage, your chances of beating him increases, but the fight could be a bore-fest. The Romero and Jan fights are example of this.

Now, those guys have one hit KO quitter, so Izzy was obviously aware to not close in on them. Rob doesn't have that KO power (nor the reach), so maybe Izzy will approach it differently and push the pace on Rob, forcing him to abandon the game-plan and rush in.

Don't think wrestling/grappling gonna be much of a factor. Bigger stronger fighters have tried to keep Izzy down unsuccessfully, so it would be a waste of energy for Rob to try that, and the same can be said for Izzy trying to wrestle Rob. Although if somehow Izzy gets tired, and Rob can get his back on those championship rounds, shit could get interesting.

Personally, expecting a Izzy decision, but hopefully, not a boring one.

I like both guys, but would be happier if Rob wins it.
I think Whittaker tries to push the pace, he tends to be quite an offensive fighter at times but he’s hittable too. I think the styles of both make for a great fight. Never say never but I think sometimes styles like these two have it’s going to be a good fight nine times out of ten.

I would say there’s more worry of the Lewis fight stinking up the place. On paper two absolute beasts but we’ve seen these type of heavyeright fights disappoint in the past. Guaranteed first round bang fest and KO now I’ve said that:lol:

George Owen

I think Whittaker tries to push the pace, he tends to be quite an offensive fighter at times but he’s hittable too. I think the styles of both make for a great fight. Never say never but I think sometimes styles like these two have it’s going to be a good fight nine times out of ten.

I would say there’s more worry of the Lewis fight stinking up the place. On paper two absolute beasts but we’ve seen these type of heavyeright fights disappoint in the past. Guaranteed first round bang fest and KO now I’ve said that:lol:
Hopefully you unjinxed it.

At the presser, both Tai and Derrick, said they don't expect the fight to get out of the first round, so a boring decision is almost guaranteed. :lol:

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
I hope Alex Pereira fights his way up quickly; there are hardly any seeded fighters in this weight class who are really dangerous on the ground and that could help Poatan a lot. Izzy against Pereira III would be a dream!
for tonight: I don‘t see how Whittaker is going to really hurt Izzy, is it better to make the pace or to wait for counters himself ?

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
As unlikely as it is, I really, REALLY want Bobby Knuckles to beat Adesanya tonight. Like so badly. I can't stand Adesanya and his forced bullshit.

I will try and will this result into existence :lol:
My man….just prepare to be disappointed. In fact, prepare to have to listen to Izzy bullshit in the post-fight interview

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I just can't see Whitaker winning, unless he happens to get lucky and clips him. Expect the same result as last time.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I just can't see Whitaker winning, unless he happens to get lucky and clips him. Expect the same result as last time.
If he is to win it will surely be by decision. That’s his best route to victory. Grind it out and bring it to the floor

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If he is to win it will surely be by decision. That’s his best route to victory. Grind it out and bring it to the floor
That's a possibility I suppose, and Izzy is definitely beatable. The likes of Gastelum showed that a slightly better performance could've pulled off the win that night.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Got up early to watch Arlovski and main card, sucks to get up this early, but much better than sitting up all night, it doesn't feck up my monday morning as much.
Also trying out Lost Ark, and the servers have 5-17k in queue, so nice to log in this early :lol:

Bisping already light years better than Rogan.
Always liked Bisping, both as a fighter and now as a commentator, but been wondering why people dislike him so much.
Is it because there's more Americans watching MMA, and they don't get the British humour and cockiness?

Grylte

How good is Brunson?
Not seen him that much, feels like one of those that have been like in the middle of main card for a while, and always have a lot to say on twitter about fights and fighters.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How good is Brunson?
Not seen him that much, feels like one of those that have been like in the middle of main card for a while, and always have a lot to say on twitter about fights and fighters.
Very good, although he was disappointing against Cannonier just now.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Got up early to watch Arlovski and main card, sucks to get up this early, but much better than sitting up all night, it doesn't feck up my monday morning as much.
Also trying out Lost Ark, and the servers have 5-17k in queue, so nice to log in this early :lol:

Always liked Bisping, both as a fighter and now as a commentator, but been wondering why people dislike him so much.
Is it because there's more Americans watching MMA, and they don't get the British humour and cockiness?
Most like him. I didn't like him for a brief period because it seemed the UFC were protecting him as champ by giving him easy opponents (like a very old Dan Henderson et al.). He's great as an announcer though.

Grylte

Most like him. I didn't like him for a brief period because it seemed the UFC were protecting him as champ by giving him easy opponents (like a very old Dan Henderson et al.). He's great as an announcer though.
The Dean Henderson fight was mainly because of the famous KO Henderson gave it, wasn't it?
Was still very new to the sport at the time, and not following it more than watching the bigger events, but that's what i thought at the time.
Just had the impression he was disliked, but that was mainly from UFC groups on Facebook and Reddit, which i guess both have more Americans.

Grylte

Oh i remember this Tuivasa guy, he hits like a truck, doesn't he?
Funny with these dad bod guys in a sport like MMA.

Grylte

Looked bad for Tuivasa in first round, but that elbow, wow! Big for his career.
Don't think he'll have many long fights.

No Love

You have to respect Tai, he willingly threw himself into the fire against one of the most ferocious knockout artists in UFC history… and came out on top.

Grylte

Let's go Whittaker!
Always rooting for the underdog unless i like the champion a lot! :)

SirAnderson

I knew there was a reason I didn't really get caught up in the build up to the fight, expected a Meh fight and that's exactly what it was.

Izzy edges it, Rob had 2 decent rounds but just not enough I think.