The MMA thread

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I hope Adesanya v Whittaker 2 is a good fight, amazing how Izzy beat him so quickly. Whittaker is incredibly skilled, and looked like he might be champ for a long time. Not many fights looked better on paper recently.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
How in the sweet blue hell is Smilin Sam still a UFC employee?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How in the sweet blue hell is Smilin Sam still a UFC employee?
He has a gimmick (the smile), is generally likeable, and is a recognizable card filler for fight nights like tonight. That said, I think he's nearing the end of his run given that he never seems to win.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Disappointing from Hermansson. He fought scared for much of the fight. Both of these guys would get dispatched easily by Izzy, or even Whitaker.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Looks like he has some size on him, still very impressive. Wrestling sure looks funny.

parkthebuslads

Israel is so unlikable. There isn't a single moment when he's just relaxed and being a normal person, he's never not trying to show off.

Ladron de redcafe

How many here are going for Whittaker? I'm struggling to see what he could have possibly done since his last fight with Adesanya to bridge the gap. It wasn't a very competitive first fight and Whittaker is slightly older.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
How many here are going for Whittaker? I'm struggling to see what he could have possibly done since his last fight with Adesanya to bridge the gap. It wasn't a very competitive first fight and Whittaker is slightly older.
It would be a surprise for sure. That said, Izzy has been someone meh in his last two fights and 5 of his last 7 fights have gone to decision and Rob has only lost once since 2014, so anything can happen i suppose.

Ladron de redcafe

It would be a surprise for sure. That said, Izzy has been someone meh in his last two fights and 5 of his last 7 fights have gone to decision and Rob has only lost once since 2014, so anything can happen i suppose.
You might be right. The fight against Romero was a borefest. He had a good win against Costa, but lost against Jan, and then wasn't exceptionally dominant against Vettori in his last fight. Having said that I - like you - still think it's more likely than not that he'll win.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I see Israel’s boobie is back too. I think it’s suspect. The second time it has shown up before a big fight.

‘Smoking more weed’ in the build up to a fight doesn’t make any sense.

ColoRed

deep in the west where the sun gets dusty
Supports
Cologne / Manchester
I'm rooting for Whittaker, but the question is how he will make up for his lack of mobility and range. I think he's better prepared than Vettori but Vettori really didn't had a chance to hurt Izzy.

I hope it won't be like Izzys last fight which was a snorefest. And let's see how Tai does.

Last edited:

Gordon S

You might be right. The fight against Romero was a borefest. He had a good win against Costa, but lost against Jan, and then wasn't exceptionally dominant against Vettori in his last fight. Having said that I - like you - still think it's more likely than not that he'll win.
It didn´t help they had to fight after Weili- Joanna, but that was still incredibly boring. Izzys fights are more often than not quite boring but that one takes the cake. Hopefully Knuckles can make it interesting at least.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
:drool:

Let's hope Bisping is made permanent for big events.
That sounds permanent to me, and better for fans as Rogan is a characture of his old self these days. He doesn't even do hype well, he's just all over the place, can't predict what he'll go off about next.

Ladron de redcafe

I agree with Raoul and Beans. Bisping is simply a better commentator at this point. The bar isn't high when Rogan is the alternative, but Bisping - like DC - provides insight and breaks down fights in a way "hype commentators" like Rogan cannot. The latter barely seems to know what's happening in front of him these days. The sheer amount of mistakes in his commentary can make on cringe, and besides the fact that he's a household name, I can't see an argument to keep him commentating on the big events.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I agree with Raoul and Beans. Bisping is simply a better commentator at this point. The bar isn't high when Rogan is the alternative, but Bisping - like DC - provides insight and breaks down fights in a way "hype commentators" like Rogan cannot. The latter barely seems to know what's happening in front of him these days. The sheer amount of mistakes in his commentary can make on cringe, and besides the fact that he's a household name, I can't see an argument to keep him commentating on the big events.
Aren't you going to miss the "OH HE'S HURT" when someone gets jabbed to the body?

cyberman

That sounds permanent to me, and better for fans as Rogan is a characture of his old self these days. He doesn't even do hype well, he's just all over the place, can't predict what he'll go off about next.
Apparently there’s a story coming out this weekend about Joe banging Onlyfan models.
I’m sure old Mickey Mouse has put their foot down

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'd be surprised if its permanent since Dana is a major backer of Rogans and will still be behind him if he wants to return. This week may have simply been a conversation between Ari Emmanuel and Dana to let him sit this one out until the drama fades. I would of course be delighted if I never see him on another UFC broadcast.